Can 1 fault cause all this?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I played earlier today, and hit more bad shots than normal. I haven't played for a little while but have been to the range a bit so I didn't expect to be too bad.

Anyway...

My bad drives were either well struck but with a little fade, or really weak low draws/hooks.
My long irons were good.
My short irons were pretty much all pushed about 10-15yds straight right.

Is there 1 thing I could be doing wrong to cause all the bad shots, or is it worse than that?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
If your game goes off the boil for no specific reason start by checking your set up position, posture, alignment, grip etc. Even something as simple as standing too close to the ball can disrupt a swing.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm not overly worried but it just struck me as strange that the bad shots were not the type I normally hit.

Checking the set-up isn't so easy because even though I'm a skinny bugger I can't see my feet at address with the winter layers on lol.

Looking forward to a game in sensible temperatures!

In_The_Rough

Tour Winner
Visit site
Could be 1 fault or a whole load of them. I am speaking from experience here as I have been to hell and back getting my swing to the level it is at now which is still far from perfect. It is so easy for an old bad habit to creep back in. Go and get a lesson booked to check this

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I find if my game goes off the boil it us usually due to something very basic.
Most of my problems at the moment stem from bad alignment. It was pointed out to me during a game last week just how closed I was standing at address, and it is obviously very difficult to get everything back on track from such a bad (read terrible) address position.
Although there are many other faults in my swing (and there always will be) this is my particular nemesis at the moment and I will be making conscious efforts to work on it over the coming weeks.
Back to basics....

;)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Played like a twit all weekend. Ten minutes in the indoor nets, with a mirror behind, sorted. All in the take away. Wish I had done this on Saturday, wouldn't have wasted today.

Live and learn.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
And you think Smiffy has swing problems. Gone right back to my old habit of sliding the hips instead of turning over the right foot. It feels like you are making a turn but in fact there is little coil. The hips then slide forward (and out) and I end up hitting a weak shot if straight but more often a high fade/cut. Not in a happy mood as it feels that all that work I did after the lesson I had was wasted. Its an old, old habit and means I need to get back to basics AGAIN.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And you think Smiffy has swing problems. Gone right back to my old habit of sliding the hips instead of turning over the right foot. It feels like you are making a turn but in fact there is little coil. The hips then slide forward (and out) and I end up hitting a weak shot if straight but more often a high fade/cut. Not in a happy mood as it feels that all that work I did after the lesson I had was wasted. Its an old, old habit and means I need to get back to basics AGAIN.

Homer...go and see the temporary bloke (the one you're seeing until the normal bloke, who hasn't fixed it yet, gets better - what is wrong with him btw, is he confined to bed?) for another lesson.....I'm sure that'll sort it until next weekend when you go out on the course....

FFS man!!! Just go and hit the ruddy ball and try to enjoy yourself!!!