Cameron Champ wins his first PGA title

Grantley1988

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A weak field but he’s managed to win on only his 9th PGA start. Star of the future for sure with the swing and easy power he has.
I’m off to the bookies to back him on a major whilst the odds are high!
Looking forward to watching him bomb it past Rory & co on tour this year.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Just watched his last round highlights, the other topic is doing him a disservice going on about his driving, his putting on the back 9 was fantastic.

Wolf

Visit site
Just watched the US Golf and he fires another low round 62 to get himself out in the final group with Kuch tomorrow. Such an athletic swing and with all his distance currently only 2nd in driving distance.... I'd need a driver and wedge at least to get level with one of his drives..

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Some people are just monsters. I played in an invitational where there was a longest drive competition at one hole. I stepped up and hit my Sunday best.

I was only 130 yards behind the marker!!!

Some people are just animals, as well as bloody good golfers!!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Champ is definitely creating a storm at the moment and it bodes well for him going forward although I'm sure he'll soon find out there are some places where bombing it isn't always the smart play. He's got playing rights thanks to the won so he'll be around and learn his trade but I'm not sure I see major potential in his game although any player on any given week has to have a chance

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He went to pieces yesterday. I should know. I had Christmas sorted if he didn’t 😥

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
He went to pieces yesterday. I should know. I had Christmas sorted if he didn’t 😥
And that's to be expected. A lot of hype around him in the last few weeks and he's done well to be in contention so close to a recent win. I wonder if he simply ran out of energy mentally. Definitely not so good in comparison to the golf he has been playing. Might do him some good. What is it they say about learning more from the defeats?

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And that's to be expected. A lot of hype around him in the last few weeks and he's done well to be in contention so close to a recent win. I wonder if he simply ran out of energy mentally. Definitely not so good in comparison to the golf he has been playing. Might do him some good. What is it they say about learning more from the defeats?

All fair points. But I had the money spent already 😂

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Champ is definitely creating a storm at the moment and it bodes well for him going forward although I'm sure he'll soon find out there are some places where bombing it isn't always the smart play. He's got playing rights thanks to the won so he'll be around and learn his trade but I'm not sure I see major potential in his game although any player on any given week has to have a chance

I don’t get how you can say he doesn’t have major potential? Every single player that bombs it has major potential.

On the tight courses it means he can hit less club off the tee and still be able to reach with short irons where as others have to hit driver.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I havnt seen much of him but excited to see how he progresses.

I did see him duff an 8iron from 235 onto the green. Hahaha crazy.