Camera 's for slow motion swing

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Afternoon lads , looking for advise for a mate of mine looking to purchase a camera that is compatable with an Ipad 2 so he can use GASP software., so he can show swings in slow motion. All help appreciated.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Personally use a Casio EX-FH100, great for slow mo but dont know if compatible with ipad im afraid, Murph may be your man as I know he was trying to get his swing transferred onto his Ipad recently

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Personally use a Casio EX-FH100, great for slow mo but dont know if compatible with ipad im afraid, Murph may be your man as I know he was trying to get his swing transferred onto his Ipad recently

Cheers mate thanks for the reply,he did mention 4 cameras and im sure that was one of them he was looking at,i know some guys on here were looking to do the same.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/casio_ex_fh100_review/

Pretty conclusive review here. The best bit for me is I can record at either 120 or 240fps and then watch back instantly on a decent screen and can pause the playback at address, the top and impact as scrolling through in effect. Then if needed when I come back from practising I can download any I want onto my laptop in seconds.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Yep, I have the same camera as Gary. It's ok, and does the job. Gasp is way better than V1 for file compression, and the end result is pretty useable. I did a review (ish) of the whole lot in the review section.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cheers Gary,Murph, i'll pass the details on to him. Did you have a lot of problems transfering swings onto you Ipad Murph or was it easy enough to use ,which one did you go for GASP or V1?

Thanks again for your input.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have both V1 and Gasp. V1 is junk on an ipad.

To put stuff onto the ipad, I use a camera connection pack (standard bit of apple kit which enables me to plug my memory card from the camera into the port on the bottom of the ipad). The videos upload into the 'photos' app. If I then fire up Gasp, I go to camera, load from file, and it suggests the last files I put on by default. Click on a file, click use, and in she goes. Then hit save, in the tools menu, or it won't automatically save the file.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have both V1 and Gasp. V1 is junk on an ipad.

To put stuff onto the ipad, I use a camera connection pack (standard bit of apple kit which enables me to plug my memory card from the camera into the port on the bottom of the ipad). The videos upload into the 'photos' app. If I then fire up Gasp, I go to camera, load from file, and it suggests the last files I put on by default. Click on a file, click use, and in she goes. Then hit save, in the tools menu, or it won't automatically save the file.

That camera connection doohicky sounds a bit good. Might have to track one down.