Golf ball for slow/moderate golf swing

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I am looking for a golf ball better suited to my swing and one that I can play contantly. My driver swing speed is 89mph, my 7 iron swing speed 79mph. I like the ball to be reasonably soft but with good distance relative to my swing speed off tee. I have been using Titleist Tru feel recently, but feel there maybe better options out there. Anyone with similar stats tried the Honma TW-S ball or Bridgestone E12 contact? Both look like options. Any other thoughts gratefully received.

Honma TW-S is an excellent ball, and at £26 a dozen, great value to boot. The Bridgestone RXS is a good ball too but for the price difference, I’d stick with the Honma.

Boomy

Visit site
Callaway Chrome Softs… love’em! Great balance of distance, green side spin and feel lovely off the putter.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Big fan of Bridgestone e6 in luminous yellow.

Get mine from Snainton Golf

The colour makes it harder to lose the ball, unless you hit it where elephants go to die ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Wanted a firmer (less spinny) ball compared to a premium ball in the strong winds so used the Titleist Tour speed. Did everything I wanted in terms of distance control and feel and so may keep them in the bag rather than the usual Pro V or Chrome soft

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
QUOTE="jim8flog, post: 2492726, member: 23204"]I have what would be called senior swing speed (70MPH iron)

I have been using these this winter

https://www.muziker.co.uk/rzn-ms-tour-golf-balls-white

(they used to make the Nike Balls)

as a direct comparison to Bridgestone B330 RXS (green box) and have been very impressed, virtually no difference between the two

Just did a check of that website to order some more and just seen shipping cost:mad:

I think Clubhouse Golf sell RZN. Two dozen would probably qualify for free delivery.[/QUOTE]

Out of stock. I did check their first as that is where I bought mine from in the first place.

The still have the RZN for faster swing speeds though.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How do they compare to the ADD333 Tour?

They are much of muchness.

I bought Q Star Tour when they were selling 4 dozen for the price of 3 but having used them a lot this winter I have been disappointed with the durability and sold 3 dozen of them. My mate who bought them at the same time is finding a similar problem slight cracking in the seam after a round or so.
I would have taken it up with Srixon but I bought them before the first lockdown. It could have just been a bad batch.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
They are much of muchness.

I bought Q Star Tour when they were selling 4 dozen for the price of 3 but having used them a lot this winter I have been disappointed with the durability and sold 3 dozen of them. My mate who bought them at the same time is finding a similar problem slight cracking in the seam after a round or so.
I would have taken it up with Srixon but I bought them before the first lockdown. It could have just been a bad batch.
I very used them since they came out but only in winter since I got my GI irons. Never had any issues, in fact I would say the durability is def better than a prov1.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I very used them since they came out but only in winter since I got my GI irons. Never had any issues, in fact I would say the durability is def better than a prov1.
Interesting. I find proV1, AVX to be the most durable of the decent balls. Definitely better than z star and tp5.
Haven't tried the q star though.

dankiz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Big fan of Bridgestone e6 in luminous yellow.

Get mine from Snainton Golf

The colour makes it harder to lose the ball, unless you hit it where elephants go to die ?

Just bought the yellow E6's from Hot Golf £18.95 a dozen with free delivery. Used them before and looking forward to trying them again.

Springveldt

Visit site
Honma TW-S is an excellent ball, and at £26 a dozen, great value to boot. The Bridgestone RXS is a good ball too but for the price difference, I’d stick with the Honma.
£19 a dozen from Online Golf if you buy 2, I've bought 4 dozen of the TW-X for this season. Really good ball.

Wanted a firmer (less spinny) ball compared to a premium ball in the strong winds so used the Titleist Tour speed. Did everything I wanted in terms of distance control and feel and so may keep them in the bag rather than the usual Pro V or Chrome soft
Firmer balls with a Urethane cover usually spin more, it's the softer Urethane covered balls like Tour Response, BRX, Tour Speed, AVX that spin less. ProV1, BX, TP5 etc are all firmer than those balls and all spin more as well.

@dankiz If you want a Urethane ball, then at your swing speed I would be looking at the softer options like those listed above as they will perform just as well off the driver but give you a few more yards on your irons. Other than that you probably won't go wrong with the AD333.