Moderate/Faster swings?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Since I’m hitting it further I’ve been running out of fairway and into rough on our dogleg index 1. Last year I never did this once now im having to aim further left or try to draw my tee shot.

3 wood not long enough to get there?

Our 4th and 9th are of a similar design - in winter I can hit smooth drivers to the bend but in summer id be in the woods or the pond if driver comes out!

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Wouldn't that depend on how wide your fairways are?

I do give you credit here for just baiting as you obviously know better.
1. Being shorter doesnt mean being more accurate
2. If the fairways are narrow, everone is regularly in the rough, longer hitters are at a massive advantage as they get to play more loft
3. If its just fairway or lost, the longer hitters hit shorter more accurate clubs further up the fairway and hit less more accurate clubs into greens with more spin and a steeper landing angle.

4. When Bryson was longest, what did he win, the british open with wide fairways and no rough, no. The masters with wide fairways and no rough, no either. The US open with pencil thin fairways and brutal rough....yes.

sunshine

Visit site
Bridgestone use 105mph as their guide to using their urethane balls*

Titleist say their Provs are suitable to all swing speeds

* I have a relatively slow speed these days and can certainly see the difference between a B330 and B330RXS

My swing speed came out at 104mph and I wasn’t allowed to buy a Bridgestone urethane ball.

D

Deleted member 31467

Generally yes.

Do you understand the meaning of the word correlation?
Have a look at the PGA tour stats and see where all the winners this year are ranked in driving distance.

D

Deleted member 31467

There are zero short hitters anywhere near the tour. So yes.

For info Zach Johnson, notorious tour pea shooter, has a swing speed of 108mph. Which for a club golfer makes him enormous....
Compared to guys with speeds over 120mph so not really a relevant example.

D

Deleted member 31467

I actually love threads where double digit chompers think the best way to lower their handicap is to gain 20 yards off the tee 🤣

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not if it’s 20 yards sideways.
Why do people always say that? :LOL: That's like me saying "striking your irons better will bring your handicap down" and you reply "not if you're now sending it 20 yards through the back of the green". This is golf, there's obviously always a caveat and nothing is black and white.

D-S

Visit site
Why do people always say that? :LOL: That's like me saying "striking your irons better will bring your handicap down" and you reply "not if you're now sending it 20 yards through the back of the green". This is golf, there's obviously always a caveat and nothing is black and white.
Because a lot of people I know have chased length only to discover width! There are a few Pros who have done similar - Donald and Manassero spring to mind, Fitzpatrick is the poster boy for the counter argument.
Of course it is obvious that the closer you get to the green the shorter the next shot but length at the cost of control is just as clearly not a clever strategy.