caddies

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hello fellow golfers,

i am looking at playing RSG in the few days between winter festival and the New year but I have been told that a caddie is required so its an extra £50 + tip

my question is - what sort of tip would be deemed acceptable?

thanks

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Hello fellow golfers,

i am looking at playing RSG in the few days between winter festival and the New year but I have been told that a caddie is required so its an extra £50 + tip

my question is - what sort of tip would be deemed acceptable?

thanks
£20 is a pretty normal starting point. More if service was better than expected; less if deemed poor.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Disappointed the first answer wasnt something like "Dont stand there, I shank it quite a lot"

I've never had a caddie so dont know what the going rate is, but £20 sounds about fair. If he makes the round more enjoyable.....good advice and company with good stories then would probably do a bit more.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
When I played Bethpage the caddie fee was $75, I gave him a round $100. Very good caddie, great company and added hugely to the experience.

It really depends on how much he does for you, but a good caddie can make you enjoy what would otherwise have been a bad day.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've caddied a few times at my club.
Fee is £40 but been paid a minimum of £60 up to £100.
Likely to be 4 hours so paying a minimum of £15 per hour seems fair.
It is hard work.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
£50 seems more than fair for a course of this stature. From 94-98 I caddied at the addington as a kid in senior school, going rate was £15.00 for a regular (secured weekly guarantee) through to £20/25 for a guest (typical tourist / businessman in London for the weekend)

Baring in mind this is 26 years ago I’d expect a minimum to be around £35/40 and that would be age dependent. The prices I quotes was 13-17yrs old, if he’s a grown man 2 rounds in a day is only £100, depending on the time you’re teeing off he may only get one round in.