C`mon TIGER

D

Deleted Member 1156

Every time Tiger played it could have been a bigger margin or actually someone could have beat him,which happened many times.

How many Majors has Woods lost when he held the lead after 54 holes?

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
How many Majors has Woods lost when he held the lead after 54 holes?

I believe one. When YE Yang won the PGA in 2009.

For those saying Tiger can't win another major, I think he can and he probably will. I was sceptical after the Open as he seems to crumble very quickly (and I had seen this happen in some of the Tour events on the Sunday as well).

There's not been a lot of major wins from guys his age, certainly not recently. But he does probably have that bit more desire than many other good golfers in their 40s. His surgery seems to have worked and allows him to play regularly.

I do have doubts about his game after seeing him only really being able to play a fade, certainly with any reliability. It would be a miracle if he won at Augusta without getting a reliable straight shot, or a draw given the way many of the holes shape left to right. Especially 13 and 15 - which are obviously the big scoring opportunities on the back 9.

However, it would be a bit crazy to say that he can't work something out and get something that can work for him. After yesterday he will be seriously motivated and is probably already thinking about the Masters, not to mention Pebble Beach and Bethpage.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I don't Know or really care to be honest.
I love sport and appreciate greatness.
One thing I wouldn't do is watch 54 holes then turn off.

I made no reference to what I do or don't enjoy, I've just NEVER heard that being said about Tiger, first thing for everything I guess.

You guys watch if you want to, I have no issues it's your choice. Just saying personally I would rather watch something where the outcome isn't a foregone conclusion.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well that's the first time I have EVER read or heard that being said, Tiger made the game boring to watch !

The level of his golf was just amazing at his height but it was boring just to have the focus on one player - it’s happening now again , you can see the focus is on him before the tournaments during and after - multiple montages about him and then the coverage dominated by him - not his fault of course but for me it makes the coverage become unwatchable and boring. I want to watch and see all the golfers not just Tiger Woods

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Great effort by Woods. I really didn't think he'd win another major but having seen that performance especially after a level par first round that was erratic at best, I'm prepared to reconsider. He definitely has an advantage with his self-belief and mental strength, something McIlroy again looked lacking in. Fair play to Koepka for playing so well and holding on and playing his own great golf in the last round

It's funny that people on here lambasted the fact it was on Sky before and so serving a niche paying market, and allegedly doing nothing to grow the game. Put it onto a wider platform and then moan that the focus is all about Tiger. Of course he was going to be the main story. A lot of people wanted and wondered if he could do it so of course the coverage will focus on it. People who want golf on wider platforms will have to put up with the Tiger love in. That's the nature of the coverage and it won't change. At least when Sky had it they usually had their own cameras providing extra coverage

Del_Boy

Head Pro
Visit site
The god is back - does he deserve his chance to have a crack at winning a tournament you bet he doesn’t. He drives it worses than he ever has, his short game isn’t where it is was few years ago but still he is regularly finishing in the top 20. Most tossers in this forum think as he is not winning he should bugger off. The man has a right to play on the PGA tour in fact any tour so either let him play or shut th **** up

D

Deleted member 15344

People are still suggesting he will never win another major?!!

Tiger is back in the world elite. Apart from BK it seemed most players were struggling with driver. The course seemed like lots of dog legs and forced carries.

Woods hasn’t won a major for over a decade now , he is mid 40’s now , can’t keep a driver on the fairway consistently enough , has issues with his chipping and putting at times - Carnoustie and Bellerive were supposed to the courses for him to do it and when he had the chance he fell away at Carnoustie and was always just a step behind Koepka - it’s going to be the same next year unless he finds fairways he won’t win

D

Deleted Member 1156

The god is back - does he deserve his chance to have a crack at winning a tournament you bet he doesn’t. He drives it worses than he ever has, his short game isn’t where it is was few years ago but still he is regularly finishing in the top 20. Most tossers in this forum think as he is not winning he should bugger off. The man has a right to play on the PGA tour in fact any tour so either let him play or shut th **** up

Who said he doesn't have a right to play?

D

Deleted member 15344

Umm I don’t think anyone had said or even suggesting he shouldn’t be allowed to play or have a right to play ?!?!
His amazing career will always give him the right to play whenever he wants and it’s a fully deserved right

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
who are on the list of oldest major winners are Hall of Famers.

The Oldest Major Champion Is ...
Julius Boros holds the record as oldest major championship winner in golf history. Boros was 48 when he won the 1968 PGA Championship. (Boros held off Arnold Palmer to do it, denying Palmer the only major Arnie never won.)

Boros bested the record that was previously held by Jerry Barber, who won the 1961 PGA Championship at age 45.

No question Boros was one of the greatest over-40 golfers ever. Half of Boros' 18 career PGA Tour wins came after turning 40, including, at age 43, the 1963 U.S. Open. (At the time, that made him the oldest U.S. Open winner.) When Boros was 53, he shared the lead in the 1973 U.S. Open with 10 holes to play before finishing seventh.

Ironically, the major where Boros set this record - the 1968 PGA - is perhaps better-known for Palmer's failure to win. As noted, the PGA Championship was the only major Palmer didn't win. But Palmer played a heroic approach shot out of the woods on the final hole, hitting 2-iron uphill and finding the green to keep his hopes alive. The site of that 2-iron shot was marked by a historic marker on the golf course (which no longer exists).

But, all these years later, Boros' record as the oldest major winner endures.

10 Oldest Major Championship Winners
Here are the 10 oldest winners of men's golf majors:

Julius Boros: 1968 PGA Championship, 48 years, 4 months, 18 days
Old Tom Morris: 1867 British Open, 46 years, 99 days
Jack Nicklaus: 1986 Masters, 46 years, 2 months, 23 days
Jerry Barber: 1961 PGA Championship, 45 Years, 3 months, 6 days
Hale Irwin: 1990 U.S. Open, 45 years, 15 days old
Lee Trevino: 1984 PGA Championship, 44 years, 8 months, 18 days
Roberto de Vicenzo: 1967 British Open, 44 years, 93 days
Harry Vardon: 1914 British Open, 44 years, 41 days
Raymond Floyd: 1986 U.S. Open, 43 years, 9 months, 11 days
Ted Ray: 1920 U.S. Open, 43 years, 4 months, 16 days old
They Were This Close
There have been a few golfers over the decades who came close to winning a major at an older age. The most famous is Tom Watson, who led much of the final round at the 2009 British Open when he was 59 years old. But Watson lost in a playoff.

A couple others of note: At age 49, Raymond Floyd was runner-up in the 1992 Masters; and at 50, Harry Vardon finished second in the 1920 U.S. Open. Vardon was runner-up to 43-year-old Ted Ray, who is on the list above.

That proves that while it may not happen very often, it does happen and the one thing Woods has above any of the others is the self-belief and mental strength. As he so rightly pointed out in post round interviews, NO-ONE has done any of this with a fused back and so he's having to figure it out as he goes in terms of how he can get it round as well as he can

The fact Wood hasn't won in a decade is a red herring. How many of those were spent out of action either struggling or recovering from injury and surgery.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Woods hasn’t won a major for over a decade now , he is mid 40’s now , can’t keep a driver on the fairway consistently enough , has issues with his chipping and putting at times - Carnoustie and Bellerive were supposed to the courses for him to do it and when he had the chance he fell away at Carnoustie and was always just a step behind Koepka - it’s going to be the same next year unless he finds fairways he won’t win

Do you make this crap up as you go along.
Mid 40s I think you need to check that.
Courses supposedly to suit Tiger lmao.
You called this course target golf yet your boy Rory who's mentally weak as pee couldn't do the business.

Del_Boy

Head Pro
Visit site

How many others players haven’t won a major in the last decade or ever. Should they give up as well?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Do you make this crap up as you go along.
Mid 40s I think you need to check that.
Courses supposedly to suit Tiger lmao.
You called this course target golf yet your boy Rory who's mentally weak as pee couldn't do the business.

Yes but Rory’s always been a streaky player 🙄

Del_Boy

Head Pro
Visit site
Umm I don’t think anyone had said or even suggesting he shouldn’t be allowed to play or have a right to play ?!?!
His amazing career will always give him the right to play whenever he wants and it’s a fully deserved right

So what is all this crap about - the man playing worse than he has in the last 10 years and he is getting grief. I don’t see the same comments when Poulter for example and he has less of a chance of winning a major or PGA tournie than Woods has