C`mon TIGER

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
He might not win but that is a sublime 64 on a Sunday in a major. Tiger hasn't lost this like he did at Carnoustie, Koepka has won it. If anyone doubts that he can't win again after this week, then I'm not sure what you're watching.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Great to see Koepka and Scotty standing firm and not capitulating

It means nothing but, it may well have been a different story had either been playing with him, that has to have an effect, JT said in his interview it was the first time he's experienced "the Tiger effect" on the course.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
He might not win but that is a sublime 64 on a Sunday in a major. Tiger hasn't lost this like he did at Carnoustie, Koepka has won it. If anyone doubts that he can't win again after this week, then I'm not sure what you're watching.
He hit the front then stuffed his tee shot way right. He’s not got it anymore. He might win the odd normal tournament but he’s not as good as these younger guys.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

I'm watching a Major with little or no effective penalty for poor driving; what are you watching?

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm watching a Major with little or no effective penalty for poor driving; what are you watching?

Bim the course is the same for everyone not just Tiger ,so they can all slam it find it and hit it again .
Tiger has come back from career threatening injuries and is contending in majors ,inside a year of returning .give him a break mate .

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It means nothing but, it may well have been a different story had either been playing with him, that has to have an effect, JT said in his interview it was the first time he's experienced "the Tiger effect" on the course.

Maybe. But the whole field used to capitulate time and time again, not just the guy's he was paired with

This is the best case scenario - Tiger looking good and genuinely competing AND the likes of Koepka standing their ground, going toe to toe and coming out on top

Exciting times, just hope there's no more 'injuries'

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Bim the course is the same for everyone not just Tiger ,so they can all slam it find it and hit it again .
Tiger has come back from career threatening injuries and is contending in majors ,inside a year of returning .give him a break mate .

Perhaps, mate, if you want people to give him a break you don't start a post with a comment about the fat gobs of nay sayers. I am not bothered one way or the other if Tiger wins again but I don't believe he will. But to then get lumped into that category whilst people are blowing smoke up his backside isn't going to encourage us to warm to Woods.

And Koepka wasn't spamming it all over the place. Tiger's a professional golfer, he should be able to drive a ball straight; he can't yet we're supposed to treat it like the second coming? Not happening. Why, exactly, should I give a professional golfer that can't keep the ball in the same zip code as the course with a driver a break?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Perhaps, mate, if you want people to give him a break you don't start a post with a comment about the fat gobs of nay sayers. I am not bothered one way or the other if Tiger wins again but I don't believe he will. But to then get lumped into that category whilst people are blowing smoke up his backside isn't going to encourage us to warm to Woods.

And Koepka wasn't spamming it all over the place. Tiger's a professional golfer, he should be able to drive a ball straight; he can't yet we're supposed to treat it like the second coming? Not happening. Why, exactly, should I give a professional golfer that can't keep the ball in the same zip code as the course with a driver a break?

Tbf, i don't think any of them care too much for their driving accuracy on the US tour. Woods has he well documented issues off the tee, but over the first three days he hit 50% of the fairways.
Yesterday JT and Scott were equally woeful. Nowadays it seems that its a case of which top guy putts well and keeps it in play wins.

I think atm the anti Wood's side (not yourself) have more of an agenda than those that are pro woods.
Every time he has a bad round, its the same old "he's a has been" etc etc, yet of late he's been finishing above a lot of the so called stars.

I think he has shown he clearly could win another major, credit to Koepka he had a brilliant weekend and the best man won, but atm its getting a little familiar in that if you finish above Woods in a major, you've have a good chance of being the winner.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes I’m a big tiger fan as I grew up watching him in his prime and the way he was on the charge yesterday was like the old days excellent viewing a very exciting fininsh.it shows he can still compete with these younger bombers! I think it’s only a matter of time before he wins again.well done to BK though he’s playing superb in the majors at the moment 3 wins in 6 entered I wouldn’t mind his bank balance at the moment and he’s now world no2 .

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
He hit the front then stuffed his tee shot way right. He’s not got it anymore. He might win the odd normal tournament but he’s not as good as these younger guys.

How is he not as good? This week he's finished above everyone apart from Brooks Koepka, and the only reason he finished behind him is because of his awful start on Thursday, to come back from a +3 through 2 start on Thursday and come 2nd is bloody impressive. Fact is he's finished T6 and 2 in the last 2 majors of the year, it's a remarkable comeback, he's right back into contention and playing some brilliant golf.

If it's that easy - where are all the other stars at the top of the leaderboard? Why's Tiger above them even though his driving is still poor?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
How is he not as good? This week he's finished above everyone apart from Brooks Koepka, and the only reason he finished behind him is because of his awful start on Thursday, to come back from a +3 through 2 start on Thursday and come 2nd is bloody impressive. Fact is he's finished T6 and 2 in the last 2 majors of the year, it's a remarkable comeback, he's right back into contention and playing some brilliant golf.

If it's that easy - where are all the other stars at the top of the leaderboard? Why's Tiger above them even though his driving is still poor?

They all play 72 holes, it doesn't matter where the shots are lost, but if it did. I'd say the 3 putt on 17 on saturday was the bigger killer.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
They all play 72 holes, it doesn't matter where the shots are lost, but if it did. I'd say the 3 putt on 17 on saturday was the bigger killer.
You could pick a few shots he dropped he had one stop on the edge of the cup for birdie yesterday and a long par putt lip out without the other shots dropped in other rounds.Hes getting better all the time he had a different game face yesterday you could see it .

D

Deleted member 15344

I don’t see Woods winning until he sorts out issues from the tee - he always seemed to be battling his way which can only get you halfway , whilst the course wasn’t very penal from the rough or the fairway bunkers Koepka just seemed to be able to recover and find a fairway and a birdie when needed and looked like another gear could be found where as Woods looked like he was playing to his best.

I think for Woods to win he needs everyone to have a bad round - if one of them has a good four rounds he won’t win

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Tbf, i don't think any of them care too much for their driving accuracy on the US tour. Woods has he well documented issues off the tee, but over the first three days he hit 50% of the fairways.
Yesterday JT and Scott were equally woeful. Nowadays it seems that its a case of which top guy putts well and keeps it in play wins.

I think atm the anti Wood's side (not yourself) have more of an agenda than those that are pro woods.
Every time he has a bad round, its the same old "he's a has been" etc etc, yet of late he's been finishing above a lot of the so called stars.

I think he has shown he clearly could win another major, credit to Koepka he had a brilliant weekend and the best man won, but atm its getting a little familiar in that if you finish above Woods in a major, you've have a good chance of being the winner.

I'm not particularly a Tiger hater, nor do I love him. I have huge respect for his game as the greatest of his generation and one of the best ever to play.

But what is starting to grate is the ridiculous amount of focus and coverage Tiger is getting, yes I know what people will say, he's the biggest draw in golf, everyone wants to see Tiger etc etc.

But when he was laid up the golf coverage was superior to know as they gave more time to everyone else, much more enjoyable to watch. Also the punditry both during the event and in publications and talk shows has just become about Tiger again, if you are not a Tiger lover this is frustrating.

I know that should Tiger win a major it will be a massive story, but how about they just let it happen naturally rather than every major all the pundits asking if Tiger can win and talking about little else.

In my opinion he is looking good, either he has to really sort out his driving or he has to wait for another major where he won't be punished for errant tee shots like here

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
<facepalm>

I’m sure I’ve said this more than once over the past few years...Tiger’s fashioned 80 plus Tour victories and 14 majors from not driving very well. Big Phil, similar. It’s how many folks, not how... :D

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I don’t see Woods winning until he sorts out issues from the tee - he always seemed to be battling his way which can only get you halfway , whilst the course wasn’t very penal from the rough or the fairway bunkers Koepka just seemed to be able to recover and find a fairway and a birdie when needed and looked like another gear could be found where as Woods looked like he was playing to his best.

I think for Woods to win he needs everyone to have a bad round - if one of them has a good four rounds he won’t win

Whilst he clearly has a few things to iron out. Imo he’s had enough good rounds now to be able to be in that bracket with the top guys. If Rory has 4 good rounds he wins, same for dj, jt, koepka, day etc. His four best rounds (at current level) could be equally as low as anyone else out there. it’s not like he’s struggling to make birdies and go low.

He isnt gonna dominate like he did before obviously. But to say he can only win if the others play poorly is harsh. Everyone would agree Koepka played great golf for most of this week, or did everyone else just play poorly?