Burn out

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
Anyone had this recently?

Played Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday just trying to make the most of the decent weather.

Walked off yesterday on the 17th. Probably the worst I can remember playing for a long time.

Not sure how people do it unless they are in buggy’s.

Shattered.

D

Deleted member 3432

Would love to be burnt out, two games in 10 days is my max playing time, with a range session or two thrown in.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As it was warm (hot?) I suspect that you didn't take on enough fluids during your rounds and that affected your play. people often neglect getting enough water down their neck when the temperature goes up.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use a buggy but would still be shattered if I played 2 days in a row. I do it occasionally and regret it the third day.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Im only 28 - In the school summer holidays (I work in a school) I have played for about 20+ days straight in the past but always found it harder after a very hot day.

My advice would be to slow down, take plenty of drinks and calories on board and play early before it gets too hot.

Play varying game types and dont be in a rush to play through every group!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Most I ever do is play 3 days in a row, and I probably play best on the middle day usually. Hot off the practise of the first day but not knackered yet.

When I'm not playing I can't wait for the next round, but realistically, even if I was retired and rich I highly doubt I'd play every day. Probably 4 times a week tops.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Anyone had this recently?

Played Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday just trying to make the most of the decent weather.

Walked off yesterday on the 17th. Probably the worst I can remember playing for a long time.

Not sure how people do it unless they are in buggy’s.

Shattered.

It has a lot to do with your weight, fitness and age no doubt.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
A few years back we played four days on the spin in the northeast.Played Ripon on the way back. That Fifth round in five days was to much. All four of us said it was a round to much. Never again.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A group of us go to Portugal each September. We play 5 games in six days. At the end of it I'm golf'ed out. Quite happy not to see my clubs again for a few weeks.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I get golf burn out sometimes. Played in Spain last month for 3 days in a row, didn’t play for the next 2 weeks and didn’t miss it at all! Probably happens a couple of times a year, I’ll have a bad couple of rounds, not really know why and end up having a couple of weeks off and feeling benefit afterwards. Glad it’s not just me!