Burn out

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
I suspect the replies are not separating the two. Equally, to be fair, we are in a warm spell and the course of the OP might be long and hilly.

Throw in playing last Friday in 30 degree heat followed by two nights of heavy alcohol intake for a wedding / throwing up Sunday morning. That contributed to this weeks downfall as I still hadn’t properly recovered even though I had Monday ‘off’.

Tie all this week in with a blue collar job.

Couldn’t even swing the club yesterday on the 17th (short hill up from the 16th). Never lost so many balls in a round and even though they were very findable it got to the point where I couldn’t even be bothered to look for them.

I don’t even want to see the sight of a golf course today it’s got that bad and never felt like it in 18 months of playing.

I’m hoping I will be fine Saturday morning ?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Throw in playing last Friday in 30 degree heat followed by two nights of heavy alcohol intake for a wedding / throwing up Sunday morning. That contributed to this weeks downfall as I still hadn’t properly recovered even though I had Monday ‘off’.

Tie all this week in with a blue collar job.

Couldn’t even swing the club yesterday on the 17th (short hill up from the 16th). Never lost so many balls in a round and even though they were very findable it got to the point where I couldn’t even be bothered to look for them.

I don’t even want to see the sight of a golf course today it’s got that bad and never felt like it in 18 months of playing.

I’m hoping I will be fine Saturday morning ?

Nothing like a day off watching youtube golf to motivate you to get back out there!

Bobthesock

Visit site
Think what the op has experienced is known as "a bad round". Of course it's easier to blame getting drunk last weekend though. Might say I have burn out if I'm rubbish in this weekend comp ??

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I used to play every day I could when I was working away from home - so from 4 days plus at least 1 at weekend if weekly cycle, to 11 days plus at least 1 at weekend if fortnightly cycle.
Never really got leg-sore/weary. Heat was moderated by being virtually next to Firth of Forth.
Current weather conditions make Golf a wearisome pastime though, especially in SE.

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
Nothing like a day off watching youtube golf to motivate you to get back out there!

The only golf related video I could probably watch now is seeing the pros hitting terrible shots. Just to make myself feel better about how bad the last few rounds have been.

Think what the op has experienced is known as "a bad round". Of course it's easier to blame getting drunk last weekend though. Might say I have burn out if I'm rubbish in this weekend comp ??

To put things in perspective I didn’t play for about 5 days and shot my best round last Wednesday of 80 . Thursday 85. Friday (30 degrees) 94 and all this week after some serious alcohol intake have been all just below 100.

How can I go from my best rounds to my worst within 1 week

6 rounds within 9 days during the hottest part of the year with a wedding thrown in with pure graft at work is a definite catalyst for this downfall.

Bobthesock

Visit site
The only golf related video I could probably watch now is seeing the pros hitting terrible shots. Just to make myself feel better about how bad the last few rounds have been.

To put things in perspective I didn’t play for about 5 days and shot my best round last Wednesday of 80 . Thursday 85. Friday (30 degrees) 94 and all this week after some serious alcohol intake have been all just below 100.

You can’t tell me heat, work and alcohol have not contributed to this downfall in my ability.

How can I go from my best rounds to my worst within 1 week?
It's called golf. Anyone can be amazing one day and rubbish the next.
Without wanting to sound patronising if 80 is your best ever round you are mid handicap player, you are going to be inconsistent.
Time to man up and stop looking for excuses otherwise you will never improve

Bamberdele2.0

Visit site
It's called golf. Anyone can be amazing one day and rubbish the next.
Without wanting to sound patronising if 80 is your best ever round you are mid handicap player, you are going to be inconsistent.
Time to man up and stop looking for excuses otherwise you will never improve

You are right.

I am always great for excuses and it’s something I need to work on ?.

I think I just need to realise I am not very good at golf!

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Turkey in March so temps are high teens to low twenties. Eighteen holes a day for six days plus basket of balls before playing. Push trollies not buggies and rather portly mid sixties. No problem!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

How can I go from my best rounds to my worst within 1 week

6 rounds within 9 days during the hottest part of the year with a wedding thrown in with pure graft at work is a definite catalyst for this downfall.

Golf in a nutshell

As an improving golfer every week is going to be like this. If you beat your best score every time you played, you'd be on the PGA tour wining majors.

Becoming consistent is so so hard in this sport - not seen many on here with low handicaps that havent played for an extended length of time.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Club Championship coming up soon - 36 holes.
IT HAS BEEN DECIDED to not allow buggies in the comp.
For the last 16 years it has been my one day of the year in a buggy.
I am undeterred.
I will need 3 days to recover from the ordeal, however.
Don't understand the purpose of the buggy ban - all of a sudden. Perhaps some people merely enjoy imposing their will for the sake of it.
I don't ask why or argue. More trouble than its worth. I'll just get on with it and play.

Is there such a thing as a skateboard-type-of-thing that you can stand on and that your Powakaddy has the power to drag you along?
Rollerskates that don't damage the course?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My old club has now rolled out the single person electric surf board thingys - £15.00 per round for a single person or £15.00 per round for a 2 person buggy!

I’d take the buggy as it’s somewhere to sit in a slow round

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Club Championship coming up soon - 36 holes.
IT HAS BEEN DECIDED to not allow buggies in the comp.
For the last 16 years it has been my one day of the year in a buggy.
I am undeterred.
I will need 3 days to recover from the ordeal, however.
Don't understand the purpose of the buggy ban - all of a sudden. Perhaps some people merely enjoy imposing their will for the sake of it.
I don't ask why or argue. More trouble than its worth. I'll just get on with it and play.

Is there such a thing as a skateboard-type-of-thing that you can stand on and that your Powakaddy has the power to drag you along?
Rollerskates that don't damage the course?
https://www.golfboarduk.com/ Worth a go?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
They look great.
But as I only need it one day a year, I was thinking about a plank with wheels costing close to Fall.

I've had a much simpler idea.
I think I'll take a picnic blanket in the bag, flip it out whenever I can and have a lie down. Next to a tee, in the middle of a fairway or a nice shady spot in the rough.
Probably the best "statement" I can make about THE DECISION.

Last edited: