Bullying In Schools

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
This is sickening.
I'm not, generally, an advocate of violence but I'm rapidly coming round to the view that some people in this world need thing down and having real, excruciating pain inflicted on them. Totally barbaric so it'll never happen but when people so young have so much you wonder what you can do that will stop them.
That thug is going down for that attack, she'll be in the youth detention system for several years and, unless she's very lucky, may end up in that system for ever.
I don't know what the answer is but it has to start with the parents who have spectacularly failed to teach their child respect.
I hope the girl who got beaten and kicked senseless will recover - this could lead to years of counseling.
Sometimes this world just stinks.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Well if it needed explaining you wouldn't understand. (y)

Personally I’d prefer to see the money go towards preventing bullying,rather that just saying “here there’s £150k full ya boots”

But obviously you’re just going after the poster here & adding nothing to the thread🙄

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
This is sickening.
I'm not, generally, an advocate of violence but I'm rapidly coming round to the view that some people in this world need thing down and having real, excruciating pain inflicted on them. Totally barbaric so it'll never happen but when people so young have so much you wonder what you can do that will stop them.
That thug is going down for that attack, she'll be in the youth detention system for several years and, unless she's very lucky, may end up in that system for ever.
I don't know what the answer is but it has to start with the parents who have spectacularly failed to teach their child respect.
I hope the girl who got beaten and kicked senseless will recover - this could lead to years of counseling.
Sometimes this world just stinks.

I've not seen the footage but read the local paper report. I don't know what concerns me more; the actions of the girl that assaulted her or that there were obviously those that went along with the express intention of filming it, and that is not in any way intended to diminish the revulsion I feel towards the girl that carried out the assault. Hopefully all of them will feel the full force of the law.

D

Deleted member 16999

I've not seen the footage but read the local paper report. I don't know what concerns me more; the actions of the girl that assaulted her or that there were obviously those that went along with the express intention of filming it, and that is not in any way intended to diminish the revulsion I feel towards the girl that carried out the assault. Hopefully all of them will feel the full force of the law.
I saw it when Tommy Fleetwood tweeted it on his timeline,
In the background you can hear the other 2 telling the attacker what to do.
Just awful

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
So another video of a young girl getting bullied this time isn’t allowed on the forum despite being all over social media ? How come the thread was allowed then ?

It’s a video showing gross violence from one young girl to another, both well under 16,

It was put up without any comment, just another sickening video,

I took it down as even though it’s all over social media, the victim does not need further humiliation. Here or anywhere. It’s also a different case from the op.

The perp and the eggers on and the person who took the video should all be prosecuted .

Facebook , YouTube etc need to take these videos down as soon as they are published and report to the authorities .
Sharing these vids worldwide ultimately doesn’t help these victims, they will be permanently labelled as “ the one from that bullying video”

My opinion, my call

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s a video showing gross violence from one young girl to another, both well under 16,

It was put up without any comment, just another sickening video,

I took it down as even though it’s all over social media, the victim does not need further humiliation. Here or anywhere. It’s also a different case from the op.

The perp and the eggers on and the person who took the video should all be prosecuted .

Facebook , YouTube etc need to take these videos down as soon as they are published and report to the authorities .
Sharing these vids worldwide ultimately doesn’t help these victims, they will be permanently labelled as “ the one from that bullying video”

My opinion, my call

The thread starts with the same sort of video but one boy hitting another

By publishing these videos on social media has enabled the people to be caught and will be punished- if they werent put on social media then nothing would happen - the power of social media helps stop this - so whilst it’s sickening it also puts it into the public domain - hiding it away just helps the issue hide away.

There is a reason why people like Fleetwood and co have been retweeting videos and not just removing them.

It’s no different to the boy being bullied.

Bullying is a real issue and should be highlighted at every single possible opportunity to ensure the authorities do something as opposed to censoring it

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Personally I’d prefer to see the money go towards preventing bullying,rather that just saying “here there’s £150k full ya boots”

But obviously you’re just going after the poster here & adding nothing to the thread🙄

I answered your post; if you'd prefer to see the money go towards preventing bullying why not just say so in that post?

PhilTheFragger

Visit site

By publishing these videos on social media has enabled the people to be caught and will be punished- if they werent put on social media then nothing would happen - the power of social media helps stop this - so whilst it’s sickening it also puts it into the public domain - hiding it away just helps the issue hide away.

There is a reason why people like Fleetwood and co have been retweeting videos and not just removing them.

Bullying is a real issue and should be highlighted at every single possible opportunity to ensure the authorities do something as opposed to censoring it

You aren’t looking at it from the victims point of view.

This video isn’t helping them at all

I agree that social media has a role in highlighting the problem, but once it has been reported, the vids should be pulled to avoid further humiliation of the victim.

Blue in Munich

Visit site

I take your point Phil, but having seen the video of the boy and read the description of the assault on the girl they are night and day, and that's not to diminish the attack on the boy. The attack on the girl in my opinion is far far worse.

That said I can't disagree with the point that had they not been published online then would there be prosecutions? Is it stupidity, bravado or just that they don't care that causes them to post them online?

D

Deleted member 16999

I take your point Phil, but having seen the video of the boy and read the description of the assault on the girl they are night and day, and that's not to diminish the attack on the boy. The attack on the girl in my opinion is far far worse.

That said I can't disagree with the point that had they not been published online then would there be prosecutions? Is it stupidity, bravado or just that they don't care that causes them to post them online?
Also the scumbags were arrested by Police, publishing it on here does nothing for nobody, highlights nothing we don’t already know and serves no purpose whatsoever.
The initial purpose has been a success, publishing it on a Golf Forum to a limited audience won’t change anything.
Anyone desperate to see it go look at Fleetwoods timeline, 100% with fragger on this one.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

If videos are taken down, the platform is taken away from the posters. They stop posting. If the posters are also prosecuted, they stop posting. The video achieves nothing. How do you think people where caught and prosecuted before videos? These aren't backstreet assaults. There's plenty of witnesses.

D

Deleted member 15344

If videos are taken down, the platform is taken away from the posters. They stop posting. If the posters are also prosecuted, they stop posting. The video achieves nothing. How do you think people where caught and prosecuted before videos? These aren't backstreet assaults. There's plenty of witnesses.
Why has it taken until the videos were on social media before action was taken against the bullies ? The Syrian lad for example was bullied for ages along with his sister and nothing happening - it’s a very sad state in life where people have to see these videos before they act - not seeing them gives people an excuse to just turn their back. Action being taken against these people starts to show them that they can’t get away with it

But unfortunately it is a sad state where nothing will be done until things are highlighted- bullying doesn’t go away and it’s taken these two videos to bring it back into the mainstream again - the videos are gut wrenching and your heart goes out to the kids and it’s shocking that it’s continuely allowed to happen

PhilTheFragger

Visit site
Why has it taken until the videos were on social media before action was taken against the bullies ? The Syrian lad for example was bullied for ages along with his sister and nothing happening - it’s a very sad state in life where people have to see these videos before they act - not seeing them gives people an excuse to just turn their back. Action being taken against these people starts to show them that they can’t get away with it

But unfortunately it is a sad state where nothing will be done until things are highlighted- bullying doesn’t go away and it’s taken these two videos to bring it back into the mainstream again - the videos are gut wrenching and your heart goes out to the kids and it’s shocking that it’s continuely allowed to happen

Which is why the internet video hosting companies need to monitor, report and instigate action.

But I’m in danger of repeating myself

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes sorry the attack is worse , its gut wrenching for the girl who has no doubt suffered for a considerable period at the hands of the gang and i hope the poor girl finds a way through it

It seems that today the police have now also managed to find other members of the gang and the person filming the incident , hopefully they have them all and the past couple of days will hopefully hit a few people hard and make them think twice about bullying .

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Maybe that's a question you need to ask the school, where a culture of bullying has been allowed to prosper. I dare say you'll find for every 1 attack that's videoed 10 others happen. And don't forget, some attacks happen because the attacker wants it filmed. In some cases they are a right of passage. Create a vacuum, nothing prospers in a vacuum.

But the vids are a small part of the problem. Think about who filmed them. They are guilty too. Guilty of supporting it and promoting it. Guilty of doing nothing in support of the victim. And even those who didn't video it but where there egging it on. Prosecute them too. Its draconian but its a problem that needs a draconian response.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Yes, he's a bully and deserves his punishment, but there was twats on Twitter (who'd have thought?) spreading his name and details all over the internet.

There really are some thickos on this planet.

There was one thread where his name and address had been displayed as well as a screenshot of the house from google maps.

The mob was ready to mobilise complete with pitch-forks and blazing torches and apparently arrangements were being made to descend on his parents house.

Now don't get me wrong, that lad looks like a nasty piece of work and it's heartbreaking watching that poor kid helplessly walk off. However I didn't read a single comment where anyone said "Don't be silly, the kids has been arrested and there may be small kids in that house, let the law and school deal with it".

Social media (and twitter in particular) seem to want to be moral compass, judge, jury and executioner all in one tweet and it's bloody dangerous. It's complete mob rule and very odd to behold.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Social media has to be far stronger and remove these images as soon as they are published and stop gratifying the violence and giving the perpetrators a platform and ego boost. That applies to all forms of violence not such bullying. That said, the issue is far deeper and clearly the parents have to have some blame laid at their door for the childrens behaviour as does the school who need to be far firmer on acceptable behaviour. That's all well and good, but if the bullies are caught, action needs to be taken and the punishments need to be stronger and a deterrent. Sadly with this sort of behaviour, and you can take it a step further and add in the rise in knife crimes) is an indication of a broken Britain. In my day, a long time ago we had bullying (had my share at school) but it seemed to get dealt with one way or another either by the school, at home or by the authorities