Bullying In Schools

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well Kent Police are on the case:

Three teenagers who were arrestedu following a reported assault in Margate have been released on bail.

The victim, a young girl, suffered a head injury during the assault that took place in Arlington Gardens at around 3.30pm on Thursday 29 November 2018. She was taken to a local hospital for treatment and is now recovering.

Kent Police arrested two girls, aged 13 and 14, from Margate on suspicion of assault on Thursday 29 November 2018.

On Friday 30 November 2018 a 15-year-old girl from Margate was also arrested in connection with the incident.

They have all been released on bail while officers continue their investigation

D

Deleted member 1740

Its a Catholic school, what do you expect?
Disgusting action by the school though.

I agree, If that was my child I’d be appealing said decision immediately.

Both of my kids have been warned that if anyone hits them they retaliate but I’ve made myself clear to them that I am not allowing them to go round hitting people.

We know how bullying starts and the best way to nip it in the bud is to fight back immediately.

Bullying is rife throughout society, it’s upto parents to deal with it at home.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I was brought up Catholic but am now agnostic. I don't agree with religious schools or any state that has religion as part of its structure but that's a "tar them all with the same brush" statement.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was brought up Catholic but am now agnostic. I don't agree with religious schools or any state that has religion as part of its structure but that's a "tar them all with the same brush" statement.
I agree it is, and I am no doubt there are many individual Catholics who are appalled by the actions of this school and the Catholic churchs actions. However since the Catholic church does have a history of covering up anything their priests and organisation have done (and lets be honest here has been a huge amount) it does lead you to "tar all with the same brush" thoughts, especially with the control exerted by the church over everything under it's wing.
Someone higher up the Catholic food chain needs to come out and condemn whats happened and the action this school has taken.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There needs to greater education surrounding bullying. I deal with it and parents on a day to day basis.
2 people falling out and calling each other names over social media isn’t bullying. Prolonged abuse, physical or verbal over a period of time is.
Schools get accosted for not dealing with it effectively, yet parents who allow their children to stay out TIL all hours and on social media unsupervised and where a significant amount of bully8ng takes place goes unnoticed. This will only get worse in society, parents also are abusing each other over social media b3cause their child has been picked on by another parents child. I’ve even seen cases of adults abusing children over SM.
Trust me, we are on a slippery slope and it’s not getting better.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I agree, If that was my child I’d be appealing said decision immediately.

Both of my kids have been warned that if anyone hits them they retaliate but I’ve made myself clear to them that I am not allowing them to go round hitting people.

We know how bullying starts and the best way to nip it in the bud is to fight back immediately.

Bullying is rife throughout society, it’s upto parents to deal with it at home.

Parents are often the root of the problem and where each parent see’s their blue eyed angel as innocent, the school tries to mediate and instead gets blamed for not dealing with bullies.

The retaliation argument is hard. Say for example kid A knows kid b is volatile and can be wound up easily. Kid a tells kid b that kid c has been saying stuff about him and that he’s gonna fill him in.
Kid b goes and fights with kid c, who is innocent, but they fight anyway. Kid A sits back films the whole thing laughing.
It’s the kid a’s We need to stop in society.

D

Deleted member 1740

Parents are often the root of the problem and where each parent see’s their blue eyed angel as innocent, the school tries to mediate and instead gets blamed for not dealing with bullies.

The retaliation argument is hard. Say for example kid A knows kid b is volatile and can be wound up easily. Kid a tells kid b that kid c has been saying stuff about him and that he’s gonna fill him in.
Kid b goes and fights with kid c, who is innocent, but they fight anyway. Kid A sits back films the whole thing laughing.
It’s the kid a’s We need to stop in society.

I agree and I know most parents are generally of good natured, it’s the minority that aren’t.