Bullying In Schools

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

A video is going viral on Twitter showing a Syrian Refugess getting bullied - apparently it’s been going on for ages and it’s being ignored

Now over the last couple of years Bullying in schools was supposed to be a pinch point but are schools actually tackling it ?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
A video is going viral on Twitter showing a Syrian Refugess getting bullied - apparently it’s been going on for ages and it’s being ignored

Now over the last couple of years Bullying in schools was supposed to be a pinch point but are schools actually tackling it ?
I’ll be honest. I went to a well thought of school in Northern Ireland. I was bullied around the time of my GCSEs which could’ve really had’ve a negative effect on my results. The school did nothing to support me, they wanted me to agree to some kind of truce with the people bullying me. I agreed it out of necessity and while ultimately I’m glad I did, I know it was a spineless reaction from my school.

I can’t even begin to understand how it must be for people who are really marginalised like this. It almost turns my stomach. I know how I felt and I can’t begin to know how these people feel.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Sickens me.

My lad was having trouble at school with this cocky little 🤬.

We went through all the “correct procedures “ and noting changed.

I ended up telling my lad to give him a crack.

D

Deleted member 18121

I was bullied at secondary school for 4 years.... The teachers did absolutely nothing.

The fact this is a Syrian refugee means little to me when thousands of English kids also getting bullied with no help from the system or parents.

Wolf

Visit site
My oldest suffered with this at her secondary school as she refused to go smoking and drinking with the so called cool kids, apparently it went on for weeks with the school knowing about it until we got told. When I went in to school with her mum and her, the headteacher ludicrously told her maybe she could keep a diary of what's happening for a 2 week period so they could compile evidence and then decide if they should action and that even though it was happening everyday without her diary they wouldn't do or couldn't do anything .. My response to him turned the air blue, told him she will point out the bullies to me there and then at the school gates and I'll tear there parents a new one to show how bullying works in reverse for what there kids are doing to mine . Teacher adjourned our meeting for 10 minutes as he didn't want issues as school gates, upon his return he advised us the issue was being dealt with all parties being suspended pending further disciplinary action.. After that all was well.

Ridiculous suggestion by the school to be PC and shouldn't have come to me having to threaten to taking action against the kids in questions parents to stop it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 18121

Unfortunately it does seem as though the parents need to be the ones to take action these days .... Because of my experience and how miserable my life was if anything ever happens to my boy there will be swift and decisive action taken by me, I will not mess around.

Wolf - glad you dealt with it, shame it had to be done like that but you look after your own.

D

Deleted member 16999

Kids or not, when does it cross the line from bullying to physical assault?

Get so angry watching videos like this!

Wolf

Visit site
Unfortunately it does seem as though the parents need to be the ones to take action these days .... Because of my experience and how miserable my life was if anything ever happens to my boy there will be swift and decisive action taken by me, I will not mess around.

Wolf - glad you dealt with it, shame it had to be done like that but you look after your own.
Would never let it happen, it's not ok for any kids to have to suffer it, schools need to have a much better zero tolerance policy

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
This guys been named all over Twitter, his Facebook profile, Instagram page, his family’s business etc etc. I’d imagine there will be justice of sorts.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
This sort of thing worries me. I keep saying to the wee fella he can tell me anything in the hope I get to know about it.

The best thing you can do when the school won't do anything is name and shame in the press and on Social media. That seem to put the required grenade up people's bum holes.

Hope the lad in the vid gets his come-uppance at some stage. The wee guy was tiny compared to him.

Cannot stand bullying of any kind.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Reading the Twitter feed there are MPs on the case. It's been sent to West Yorkshire police and there's a go fund me page sitting at £9k after just an hour.

I get the feeling the bully and his family will be moving fairly shortly.

There's even what seem like legitimate offers to re-house the poor lad and his family in a different area.

Really hope charges are brought and the scrote does hard time.