BRS Booking

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
So I'm stuck at home on me tod all weekend and thought I'd try and get a game on Sunday at my gaff. All slots are booked, but some have only one player. What stupid clown designed a golf booking system that allowed that? Now then don't start with the, "some people like to play on their own" rubbish. What if every player on a weekend booked in on their own ? There'd be uproar wouldn't there?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I think it's down to your club rather than the system
Our BRS is set so you can just book 1 player in but anyone else can join you so just putting 1 name in doesn't block the slot completely.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
So I'm stuck at home on me tod all weekend and thought I'd try and get a game on Sunday at my gaff. All slots are booked, but some have only one player. What stupid clown designed a golf booking system that allowed that? Now then don't start with the, "some people like to play on their own" rubbish. What if every player on a weekend booked in on their own ? There'd be uproar wouldn't there?
What is entered in the the other 3 spaces for that time?

robbeh32

Visit site

So book into the slot with them and go play golf with them. You might find some are absolute melts and pull out at the sight of another human being wanting to play the same sport as you though.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It depends on the individual club. At ours I could book an individual slot and others wanting to play at that time either need me to add them, my choice if I do or not, or the club manager can add them from his terminal if requested. Another golfer can not just add their name to join me. This sounds the same as at @Crazyface club.

I agree with him, it's daft.

Edit : have I missed the point here? Is the complaint that people can't add to the single booking or that people have made single bookings? Should the singles be joined?

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Where do you play?

robbeh32

Visit site
It depends on the individual club. At ours I could book an individual slot and others wanting to play at that time either need me to add them, my choice if I do or not, or the club manager can add them from his terminal if requested. Another golfer can not just add their name to join me. This sounds the same as at @Crazyface club.

Edit : have I missed the point here? Is the complaint that people can't add to the single booking or that people have made single bookings? Should the singles be joined?

It sounds like he wants to play on is own but is also moaning about single slots. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Our system is the same, it needs the original booker to add somebody else onto the same time.
Could you not turn up and just sweet talk them into letting you join them?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
So book into the slot with them and go play golf with them. You might find some are absolute melts and pull out at the sight of another human being wanting to play the same sport as you though.

I can't book into the slot. The manager has posted on our "Quick club" app for me to rock up at the club in the morning. But suppose people don't want someone with them? I'm not gonna do that!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
It sounds like he wants to play on is own but is also moaning about single slots. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

????????? I'm trying to get a game in the morning with anyone. Where have I indicated I want to play by myself?????? Sometimes it's best to hold back on posting stupid comments that can really annoy.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site

I'm complaining that I can't book in with someone who because they booked the first slot now has control over the other three slots (well only two as ours in a morning) and there is no way of contacting them.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
So maybe my club need to change how they have BRS set up?
It seems that way.

We have BRS set up so the first player can leave all or some of the 3 remaining places clear. This implies they are inviting others to join them. If they want to limit spaces they enter 'guest'.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
It seems that way.

We have BRS set up so the first player can leave all or some of the 3 remaining places clear. This implies they are inviting others to join them. If they want to limit spaces they enter 'guest'.

That would be a good way to have it set up. I'll put that as a suggestion now.