British Lions

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watched the first half they are getting hammered Phil Vickery is yards of the pace , every scrum he gives away a penalty ,"The Geech" is going to have to do some quick or it could be embarrasing how big the score is, hope they turn it round ,bring on O'Gara at least he can find touch with his kicks at not kicking right to Steyn or Pienarr.
Come on the Lions.

feary

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Its getting worse. Typing this message as the score is 26-7 to South Africa.

EMBARESSING!

age-14
h/c-10

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pretty awful, the backs look lively at times but the forwards are being outclassed.

Mind you, however much it pains me to say it the all welsh front row now on look an improvement

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Knowing how passionate some people are about their countries. And I of course know squat about such matters when surrounded by experts.

Not wishing to start anything as this is a genuine question.

Does the British Lions team get support from Britain's rugby fans, or are the fans so passionate about their own, national, team, that playing with the 'opposition' really grates on them?

Unless of course it's more about 'corporate supporters' or those that are 'lite' fans of the game?

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hapless....are you trying to re-ignite the Andy Murray crap of a couple of nights ago?????
Yes I follow my country,but when its the British and Irish Lions then I want them to win no matter who they are playing!
Don't know if you noticed but there are very few Scots in the pool!!!!?????
Over to you?

Jim :D

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Even tho there were no Scots in the 22 i still wanted us to win its great to see guys like Roberts and O'Driscoll playing so well ,bring on the next test in Pretoria ,the Lions finished the stronger as the Springboks were breathing out the back ends.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Hapless....are you trying to re-ignite the Andy Murray crap of a couple of nights ago?????
Yes I follow my country,but when its the British and Irish Lions then I want them to win no matter who they are playing!
Don't know if you noticed but there are very few Scots in the pool!!!!?????
Over to you?

Jim :D

As I said. Really not trying to go over all that again!

But I did just wonder after the 'other night's' antics if anyone who follows these sports passionately, and obviously feels strongly about their 'own' side, and the rivalrey there-in. As to whether they actually 'support' a British team. Especially when playing with the 'opposition'.

That is all. No nationalistic jingoism, no 'hate', no 'ism's'.

We don't need to go down 'that' route again. All I was interested in was if a British team had the patriotic support of say, the national teams.

No argument required.

Please.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
My rugby team are Ireland (various reasons), but I support the Lions, regardless of the make up of the team. It is a fantastic institution.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm a keen follower of a lot of team and individual sports and one thing I'll always support is the GB&I (Northern Ireland) olympic team irrespective of which home nationality our competitor is from. I'm as big a fan of Chris Hoy as I was of Colin Jackson, and going way back as I was of Mary Peters all those years ago. My point is they were Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish and all in different sports or disciplines so as long as they have our vest on I'll be behind them.

That said the only Olympiad from our team I never supported was Zola Budd but that is a political more than sporting debate and I'm not going down that particular road.