Jadon Sancho

4LEX

Visit site
I don't watch the German league, and only seen snippets of Dortmund in Europe. So, not seen a lot of Jadon Sancho apart from in those few games, and for England.

Now, I'm a United fan, and I know he is their No. 1 target this year, and generating a bit of excitement amongst fans. My question is, is he really that good? Or, it he massively over-rated (in UK anyway) and over-priced simply because he is a young English player playing in a foreign team who do reasonably well in their domestic league? Because, I must admit, any time I have watched him, he has never blown me away. Sure, he is probably a competent player, but a £100 + million player? I have my doubts.

I was trying to think that, if United needed an extra attacking threat in the second half for example, would I rather have Sancho to bring on, or Traore from Wolves. I'm pretty sure I'd get more excited about bring Traore on. And, Traore would be cheaper, not necessarily expect to be a 1st team player week in week out, and has shown he is a threat in the Premier League. I'd have thought getting in a squad player of that nature would be more valuable to United, given that the vision of a primary attacking trio of Martial / Rashford / Greenwood seems to be the future. With Pogba and and Fernades as the attacking options in the middle, and your McTominay / Fred / Matic / van de Beek players your other central midfield options. Fitting Sancho in the starting line up most weeks would look to effectively relegate Greenwood back to the bench most weeks, unless Sancho playes left and right and simply rotate him, Greenwood and Rashford. I doubt that would be a good idea if United aim to develop that front 3 as much as possible. Surely they just need capable players to come in every now and then to give them a rest or if they are injured, not a player who will demand a starting position.

Traore is fun to watch but still way too scatty and unpredictable to belong in a top side. He's probably the best impact sub you could get at the moment with his power and driving runs though.

Sancho is more highly rated in Europe than England aswell. He's setting all time records in terms of goals/assists for someone so young. I don't think you realise how good he is and how much potential he has. Like when Bruno was signed he essentially showed up Pogba, Sancho would do the same. He's a pure winger/modern forward - pace, skill, picks a pass and can score. His value will only increase over the next 2-3 years too.

I think United's current front three is totally unbalanced and will cost them. Exciting on it's day but way too many off days and Martial isn't a good enough finisher to lead the line for a top side. I see Greenwood playing out of position on the right and in time he'll become the main striker. He's done an amazing job there and will do again but it's not a balanced front three like Liverpool's. Infact it's a million miles away and they're the benchmarch.

Rashford - Greenwood - Sancho

If United can gradually introduce that as a front three you'd have something special in a few years, and something that can do damage now with Martial filling in across the line.