Boris will let us play golf on March 29

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
With the weather we have had I’m actually quite glad we aren’t allowed to play until the end of March, all the good the courses would have had from no traffic since the start of January would have been ruined. Hopefully we will have a dryish March and golf will be pleasant when we return.

Unless you course is on chalk and has been perfectly playable right through. :mad:

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well at least we have a date to look forward to now

It’s gives courses time to recover now , plus the better weather will help encourage growth and give the green staff time to prepare the course and finish any work off

At least we go back straight into 4balls

It’s another 5 weeks wait but it’s hopefully worth it

I’m just hoping that it means the Opens at Royal North Devon and Saunton can still go ahead

It does seem strange that you can someone for coffee and a picnic though ?‍♂️

What a load of rubbish! First swing back, topped into the stream at RND ?
Then 5 off the tee after littering the driving range at Saunton West ??

That is going to be a horror show that weekend ????

D

Deleted member 15344

What a load of rubbish! First swing back, topped into the stream at RND ?
Then 5 off the tee after littering the driving range at Saunton West ??

That is going to be a horror show that weekend ????

Won’t be able to go mate ? no overnight stays

Will just have to duck hook my first into our car park

Boomy

Visit site
No golf is considered an outdoor sport in the same way that my local little village pub is classed in the same bracket as a massive city centre weatherspoons.

It will be like a rugby scrum once the BRS booking systems open up ?

Boomy

Visit site
Suspect clubs are already getting bombarded with calls and emails for bookings, especially for the Easter weekend

Agreed, I would say a few pro’s will have been getting bombarded with requests for tee times! Hopefully it’ll be 4 balls ??

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Agreed, I would say a few pro’s will have been getting bombarded with requests for tee times! Hopefully it’ll be 4 balls ??
Won’t be like that at our place as pros won’t be booking tee times for anyone. I’m guessing our tee booking system will open a week in advance and there will be restrictions for an initial period on the number of rounds an individual will be able to play in a rolling window of a week. Also as before I expect that empty slots will be bookable on the day in addition to the one you might already have booked.

Boomy

Visit site
Won’t be like that at our place as pros won’t be booking tee times for anyone. I’m guessing our tee booking system will open a week in advance and there will be restrictions for an initial period on the number of rounds an individual will be able to play in a rolling window of a week. Also as before I expect that empty slots will be bookable on the day in addition to the one you might already have booked.

Indeed, that sounds exactly like how it will be at where I play as well.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
No golf is considered an outdoor sport in the same way that my local little village pub is classed in the same bracket as a massive city centre weatherspoons.
They are both pubs. They are both establishments where alcoholic beverages are served, often along with food.

Rugby involves 30 blokes chasing after a ball in a confined space, clattering into each other as part of the process. Other than being outside, there is very little in common with rugby and golf. And when it comes to covid, they are even further apart.

I just can't quite believe that both sports are opening at the same time. It's not so much the lateness of the opening of golf; more how early rugby is being opened. How does it make sense that I can't go and physically touch relatives, but I could join in a scrum with 15 other blokes?! Madness.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
They are both pubs. They are both establishments where alcoholic beverages are served, often along with food.

Rugby involves 30 blokes chasing after a ball in a confined space, clattering into each other as part of the process. Other than being outside, there is very little in common with rugby and golf. And when it comes to covid, they are even further apart.

I just can't quite believe that both sports are opening at the same time. It's not so much the lateness of the opening of golf; more how early rugby is being opened. How does it make sense that I can't go and physically touch relatives, but I could join in a scrum with 15 other blokes?! Madness.

Depends how much you know about rugby training and what stage of the long established back to rugby covid protocols they are starting at. Rugby clubs have rules and procedures to remain covid safe same as golf. Believe it or not they may not be going back to full contact training or playing and, in fact, the season at amateur level is already cancelled and would have ended soon anyway. It will probably be mainly strength and conditioning for next season all outdoors. When I played there were weeks if training before I got near a scrum machine let alone a real scrum

Irrespective, what my analogy meant is that there are many different risks within various categories. Golf is an outdoor sport in the same way that a local pub is part of the hospitality industry. Both pose significantly different risks to other elements in the group but follow the overall rules and restrictions.

In any event, I choose to celebrate each area that is released from restrictions (see current Twitter argument with a gym owner decrying posh sports of golf and tennis being allowed whereas his affordable gyms stay closed) rather than denigrate them because I am not allowed to do what I want.

Parky24

Medal Winner
Visit site
29th March whoopee do...golf is and has been destroyed by this government. No roll ups likely to ever be run again. No standing at the bar with a beer after a round. No swapping cards before a round of golf. Crappy bunkers with no rakes. No hearing the sound of a putt going into a hole without a flag. No handshakes before and after games. No trying out friends clubs. The list goes on. I don't care when it comes back as it's already long gone in my mind and heart