Bob MacIntyre and the Ryder Cup

User20204

Visit site
Bob MacIntyre is barrelling towards yet another top ten at the Nedbank, christ know what he did in his first two rounds but as I type he's sitting 6th. I think unless he wins in Dubai he's no chance of the Masters but what about his Ryder Cup chances ??

Despite not having any wins to his name he seems to be the most consistent player on the European Tour at the moment, can he make the RC I wonder ??

Last edited:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Early doors but if he keeps the form/results going he'll probably qualify and if he doesn't quite it would be a bold move to not pick him.
You never know, the Masters committee may chuck him an invite.
And if he makes the top 50 the week before the Masters then he'll qualify anyway.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Need to be careful blooding young players The Ryder Cup is a different type of pressure . Stephen Gallacher was flying high when he was picked, but has never really been the same since his RC experience.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Need to be careful blooding young players The Ryder Cup is a different type of pressure . Stephen Gallacher was flying high when he was picked, but has never really been the same since his RC experience.

Listen I think Bobmac is the bees knees but he’s not really what Id call young. Will be shouting for him at the RC though, cant believe we’ll have a forummer on the tee

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

Ehh?

Young Bob will be 24 at next year's Ryder Cup?

Stephen Gallagher was 40 (from memory) when he played in the Ryder Cup.

User20204

Visit site
I don't think Stephen Gallagher was flying when he was picked. He's been around a long time and hasn't really reached the top of the game, not saying Bob MacIntyre has either but SG has always been a journeyman pro on tour.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
At the moment for me, he is a dead cert, he's in the form of his life, but.
There is a lot of golf to be played yet though and a lot can happen between now and then.

D

Deleted member 15344

At the moment He isn’t in the team and actually looks a good deal away from it in terms of points ( isn’t in the top 10 of either list )

But if he continues his form into next season then he has a chance but think he needs to get a win under his belt

User20204

Visit site
At the moment He isn’t in the team and actually looks a good deal away from it in terms of points ( isn’t in the top 10 of either list )

But if he continues his form into next season then he has a chance but think he needs to get a win under his belt

How many top 50 players are in the top ten ? In that you will find why he isn't in the top ten...yet.

D

Deleted member 15344

How many top 50 players are in the top ten ? In that you will find why he isn't in the top ten...yet.
sorry I’m not seeing your point ?

You wanted to know if he has a chance if Ryder Cup so if he wants to he has to get past those and into the top 4 on the World List and Top 5 of the European list - he isn’t close at the moment and he needs to step up his game to have a chance of making the RC. There are players ahead of him who aren’t in the Top 50

User20204

Visit site
I haven't seen either the RC top ten nor the top 50 but the very fact he isn't in the top 50 is one of the reasons he isn't in the top ten, as that is where all the big points are. He turned pro in late 2017 and as with anyone turning pro, you don't just suddenly get in to all the top events.

He's had to work all the way up to where he is and my guess is, mainly due to playing in lesser events over that time, to get to play in the bigger events that have come his way. I can only assume those who are currently ahead of him are longer standing ET players.

D

Deleted member 15344

I haven't seen either the RC top ten nor the top 50 but the very fact he isn't in the top 50 is one of the reasons he isn't in the top ten, as that is where all the big points are. He turned pro in late 2017 and as with anyone turning pro, you don't just suddenly get in to all the top events.

He's had to work all the way up to where he is and my guess is, mainly due to playing in lesser events over that time, to get to play in the bigger events that have come his way. I can only assume those who are currently ahead of him are longer standing ET players.

They all have had to work their way up

And these are the current standings

https://www.rydercup.com/rankings#european-points

It’s a mixture of players ahead him and for him to get into the RC he needs to step up that form

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Can't see it. He is a good golfer, but RC? No way. Not happening.

Well when you see guys like Broadhurst, Gallagher, Coltart, Sandalin (sp) Fisher, Price, Molinari (E), Donaldson, Dubusion (sp) having had single appearances I'd suggest MacIntyre can easily aspire to Ryder Cup, whether that is this year or a couple of years away he certainly has the game.

D

Deleted member 3432

Considering he only graduated from the Challenge Tour this time last year he is doing brilliant.

As with many young players finding their feet on Tour, continuing this rapid progress may be the tough part.

Looks a great talent so fingers crossed from me.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well when you see guys like Broadhurst, Gallagher, Coltart, Sandalin (sp) Fisher, Price, Molinari (E), Donaldson, Dubusion (sp) having had single appearances I'd suggest MacIntyre can easily aspire to Ryder Cup, whether that is this year or a couple of years away he certainly has the game.

The players mentioned above all managed it due to having their stellar year at the same time as Ryder Cup year - MacIntyre has had a great year in a Non Ryder Cup year and also all those other players managed wins on Tour - MacIntyre needs to get that under his belt first - he could just as easily be a one season sort of wonder and join those other players who have done well for one year.

Are people clinging onto him because he is the one scot in the top 100 ? I like him , think he plays with a great attitude and hope he does get over the line sooner rather than later