BLM protests/ Riots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That's a pathetic attempt and taking my comment out of context. My point was that the issues are not associated to equality under the law but in a minority of peoples minds, that doesnt say there is no problem. You need to try a lot harder than that ?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Scottish protests go ahead despite the Government, Council and Cops saying don't congregate.

The organisation BLM (UK) seems somewhat opaque and different from the US equivalent that has fund to over $100m: money from, among others, Soros and Ford to tackle racism.

Crowd funded to about £1m. No accounts, not registered, Key owners/managers/directors not named. BLM Fundraising said aims to : "Developing and delivering training, police monitoring and strategies for the abolition of police."

It would appear more Marxist in its aims. BLM UK state "We’re guided by a commitment to dismantle imperialism, capitalism, white-supremacy, patriarchy and the state structures that disproportionately harm black people in Britain and around the world. We build deep relationships across the diaspora and strategise to challenge the rise of the authoritarian right-wing across the world, from Brazil to Britain."

They also aim to 'defund' the Police and give the money to others.

Unfortunately it seems to me it makes the "Black Lives Matter' just looks like a banner statement rather than the genuine aims.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Scottish protests go ahead despite the Government, Council and Cops saying don't congregate.

The organisation BLM (UK) seems somewhat opaque and different from the US equivalent that has fund to over $100m: money from, among others, Soros and Ford to tackle racism.

Crowd funded to about £1m. No accounts, not registered, Key owners/managers/directors not named. BLM Fundraising said aims to : "Developing and delivering training, police monitoring and strategies for the abolition of police."

It would appear more Marxist in its aims. BLM UK state "We’re guided by a commitment to dismantle imperialism, capitalism, white-supremacy, patriarchy and the state structures that disproportionately harm black people in Britain and around the world. We build deep relationships across the diaspora and strategise to challenge the rise of the authoritarian right-wing across the world, from Brazil to Britain."

They also aim to 'defund' the Police and give the money to others.

Unfortunately it seems to me it makes the "Black Lives Matter' just looks like a banner statement rather than the genuine aims.
Anti Racists v Sectarian promoters...….that's different.:love:
I think a small section of the WoS community are missing the adrenaline rush they get during the marching season.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
A school district in Minnesota decides to remove them? A complete non-story. Anyone would think the right wing media are trying to deflect from the real issues.

Which is what, left wing Marxist infiltrating BLM. Normal service has been resumed and the majority in the middle ground who want to deal with the problems sensibly have been shouted out by the left and right.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Which is what, left wing Marxist infiltrating BLM. Normal service has been resumed and the majority in the middle ground who want to deal with the problems sensibly have been shouted out by the left and right.

More deflection rhetoric. The overwhelming number of protests and protesters have been peaceful and well intentioned, but unfortunately some would rather talk about violence, infiltration and whatever. It's a classic tactic.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
More deflection rhetoric. The overwhelming number of protests and protesters have been peaceful and well intentioned, but unfortunately some would rather talk about violence, infiltration and whatever. It's a classic tactic.

You just carry on calling me a racist and let the reality of life pass you by

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Hang on. There are currently laws against gathering and being in large groups and not maintaining 2m SD so the protesters' actions are illegal. Whether its 'peaceful' may apply to some of the law-breakers - but some are not in the least concerned about causing disruption.

Any protests by a organised group financed with a specifically documented and declared aim to abolish the Police is worrying. The objective of shining a light on racism is undeniably moral and right but if it looks like is it being high-jacked by people with less moral aims it is quite right that it should be discussed as it distracts from the cause.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Funny how the scumbags who attach themselves to groups of any persuasion are either "completely representative of the whole" or utterly "unrepresentative of the whole" depending on a person's viewpoint.

The wombats campaigning for defunding the police were out protesting against spending cuts last summer.

Ending racism starts with enforcing the law and calling out current serial offenders when you see them....

Book burning and defacing statues is pretty pointless.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
About a week ago, but ive been called worse but if he can’t see that just one person in the group goes rouge then it starts to lose impact.

I've gone through this thread from start to finish, and am unable to see where I called you a racist.

I did however find a claim from you that the people of Bristol had a democratic vote and voted to keep Colston's statue. It never happened.

I also found a claim from you that the Bomber Command Memorial was attacked during last week's protests. It didn't happen.

I think I can see a pattern emerging here.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've gone through this thread from start to finish, and am unable to see where I called you a racist.

I did however find a claim from you that the people of Bristol had a democratic vote and voted to keep Colston's statue. It never happened.

I also found a claim from you that the Bomber Command Memorial was attacked during last week's protests. It didn't happen.

I think I can see a pattern emerging here.

I was wrong about the Bristol post it was the local paper that held the poll and the Bomber Command post Was from MM so may have been mis information. I can only assume if you can no longer find it you deleted it but as I stated, I’m not concerned about what anyone on an internet site says about me, my heritage stops me from being easily offended, I’ve had the privilege of being insulted by professionals.

Still doesn’t deflect from the point made earlier unless you agree that violence and public disorder is acceptable as part of the BLM protest.

Status
Not open for further replies.