BLM protests/ Riots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Great gesture having BLM on the football shirts.
But who makes the football kits & how much do they get paid?
They’ve all jumped on the PR band wagon.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
It's none of the above. its an x26.

The single shot X26 that was phased out because of the greater cardiac risk? Ah, okay. (y)

In that case, can you give the Atlanta DA a ring & put him straight, as according to The Guardian, he's claiming the officer knew it was fired twice. Which tends to suggest it's not an X26...

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
The single shot X26 that was phased out because of the greater cardiac risk? Ah, okay. (y)

In that case, can you give the Atlanta DA a ring & put him straight, as according to The Guardian, he's claiming the officer knew it was fired twice. Which tends to suggest it's not an X26...

You can make all the snide remarks you like, It's an X26.

Did your Guardian article also state that the DA charged 4 officers for using a taser, classing it as a lethal weapon 2 weeks ago. That he is charging before the Georgia Bureau of Investigation finish their investigation (against protocol) Or that he claimed the secondary officer will be states witness in the case? In which he didn't agree to at all?

Atlanta PD have walked out because of this DA, so not the best source you could have used.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
In an alternative world everything comes down to money. If it doesn't make a profit then it is not worth doing for any other reason.
If we look at it with a nice hat on, these shirts will be used once or twice and then auctioned by the clubs, signed and given to youth football clubs (highly likely predominantly black youth teams). They will not be sold.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If we look at it with a nice hat on, these shirts will be used once or twice and then auctioned by the clubs, signed and given to youth football clubs (highly likely predominantly black youth teams). They will not be sold.
Is there really such a thing as a Black Youth Team.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is there really such a thing as a Black Youth Team.
Possibly in certain inner city areas. Even if not officially there will undoubtedly be clubs which are based in predominantly black communities.

I used to play hockey and there were a number of teams we used to play against that were entirely Indian or Pakistani, 1st, 2nd or 3rd generation. There was nothing sinister in that, it was just the communities, towns etc they were based in. At the same time, our team was entirely white so it is hardly the case that we should get huffy about that.

As clubchamp has posted, they would not exclude white boys / girls. They would have been set up to counter inital prejudice from mainly white teams. There are golf clubs that were initally Jewish clubs, Moor Allerton in N.Yorks is one that springs to mind, as the members were excluded from nearby clubs. Over time they are not exclusively Jewish members but it is what people had to do to overcome prejudice.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Possibly in certain inner city areas. Even if not officially there will undoubtedly be clubs which are based in predominantly black communities.

I used to play hockey and there were a number of teams we used to play against that were entirely Indian or Pakistani, 1st, 2nd or 3rd generation. There was nothing sinister in that, it was just the communities, towns etc they were based in. At the same time, our team was entirely white so it is hardly the case that we should get huffy about that.
Yes we played in the Liverpool league and teams out of Toxteth were entirely black lads.
Some great footballers who were very good teams.
Teams then were from your local area and there wasn’t to much travelling around.
As LT says that’s just how it was. Nothing sinister just locality dictated unless you were very good , you were then in better leagues so travelled more.
I would be surprised if it’s still like this now, but am not involved with footy anymore.

Hackers76

Visit site
Baffled by the last few pages of comments regarding the Brooks murder (not just calling it a shooting). Seen plenty of you say they shot when he pointed their taser at him, NO. They shot him in the back when he run away, trained officers shot an unarmed man in the back who was being cautioned for a non violent offence. Yes he panicked when they tried to arrest him, there was a struggle and he got the taser. After that had finished they tried to chase him for just a few yards before drawing their guns and shooting him in the back. Every right to be charged with murder.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

As clubchamp has posted, they would not exclude white boys / girls. They would have been set up to counter inital prejudice from mainly white teams. There are golf clubs that were initally Jewish clubs, Moor Allerton in N.Yorks is one that springs to mind, as the members were excluded from nearby clubs. Over time they are not exclusively Jewish members but it is what people had to do to overcome prejudice.
I think I may have misread your post, I thought you meant football clubs specifically for Black people rather than football clubs where most were black. ?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Baffled by the last few pages of comments regarding the Brooks murder (not just calling it a shooting). Seen plenty of you say they shot when he pointed their taser at him, NO. They shot him in the back when he run away, trained officers shot an unarmed man in the back who was being cautioned for a non violent offence. Yes he panicked when they tried to arrest him, there was a struggle and he got the taser. After that had finished they tried to chase him for just a few yards before drawing their guns and shooting him in the back. Every right to be charged with murder.
What's the point of this anyhow. Is there a suggestion that if he was white they wouldnt have shot him, also it's not in the UK so not really anything we have an influence with.

Hackers76

Visit site
What's the point of this anyhow. Is there a suggestion that if he was white they wouldnt have shot him, also it's not in the UK so not really anything we have an influence with.
Are you questioning my post or the numerous posts in here debating it? The point is the BLM movement really came to the fore after an act of police brutality on a black man, this is another example.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Are you questioning my post or the numerous posts in here debating it? The point is the BLM movement really came to the fore after an act of police brutality on a black man, this is another example.
All of them. I'm still unsure why though, is police brutality OK on Whites, what if it was a Black policeman on a White man or a Black policeman on a Black man, just seems like people are looking for things to be offended by.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site

No, the state of Georgia classes that a legal shoot. He did what they were trained to do. Personally I think the training needs to be far far better. 2 cops should not loose a scrap to a guy that is absolutely wasted and passed out in his car, I don't feel a taser should be classed as a lethal. Cops need more help, more accountability and guns as last resort. Things like this should not happen.

I'm still unsure why though, is police brutality OK on Whites, what if it was a Black policeman on a White man or a Black policeman on a Black man, just seems like people are looking for things to be offended by.

Of course it isn't, no one has said that at any point.

But we get it, you don't think racism and stereotyping exists, no need to bang on.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No, the state of Georgia classes that a legal shoot. He did what they were trained to do. Personally I think the training needs to be far far better. 2 cops should not loose a scrap to a guy that is absolutely wasted and passed out in his car, I don't feel a taser should be classed as a lethal. Cops need more help, more accountability and guns as last resort. Things like this should not happen.

Of course it isn't, no one has said that at any point.

But we get it, you don't think racism and stereotyping exists, no need to bang on.
Some on this forum are very good at putting words in other peoples mouths, how you can extrapolate what your suggesting from my post is obserd. Where have I suggested racism and stereotyping doesnt exist, I would really like you to show some evidence to support that accusation otherwise I am calling it out as false and exaggerated rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.