BLM protests/ Riots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Wow, if that's your conclusion from watching that then thank god you're not policing us with a gun.
He was hammered, resisted arrest, tried running away, got tapered, didn't work so they shot him as far as I could make out. They didn't even chase him for very long. I wonder how our police would have dealt with that
I'd tend to agree, no threat to the public, drunk driver acts like a knob does a runner, not a good reason to be shot and killed

www.hiltonpark.net
Maybe watch a little closer then; he took the taser off one of the officers and tried to use it on one of them.

Do you think that incident happens if he doesn't do what he did then?
So he tried to use it , failed, so they shot him. You're an ex cop, does that seem reasonable to you?
Did they just not lose control of a situation and then overreact?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
So he tried to use it , failed, so they shot him. You're an ex cop, does that seem reasonable to you?

You weren't there, you were not the copper getting shot at with a taser (or maybe some other weapon he'd pulled out which the cops weren't to know).
You also don't take into account it's the USA, right or wrong the cops over there seem shoot first and ask questions later. Unfortunately this was a black fella killed at the wrong time, had he been a white fella and it wouldn't have hit the news , just another drunk white trailer trash goes nuts and gets killed.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

In a country where the police are routinely armed, I'd fully expect to get shot if I pointed a weapon at a police officer and fired it.

How many attempts do you give him to shoot an officer before it's fair to respond?

And any chance of you answering my question?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Wow, if that's your conclusion from watching that then thank god you're not policing us with a gun.
He was hammered, resisted arrest, tried running away, got tapered, didn't work so they shot him as far as I could make out. They didn't even chase him for very long. I wonder how our police would have dealt with that

Hang on, let's not lose the shape of this.

This is not a movie,where you are reviewing the story structure and offering specific opinions on the events depicted.

It is an edited recording of real events in the sequence they occurred.

So what it actually shows and documents is the moment when a man under arrest,breaks free from restraint, takes an officers taser,threatens the officer and is then disabled by the officer. That's the content.

And the escalation of conflict can be clearly seen and heard long before the suspect turns and discharges a taser
directly at an officer which resulted in the suspects fatal shooting.

The idea of charging the officer with murder is simply ludicrous. Because under what circumstances is a Policeman allowed to protect his own life?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'd just like to add after watching the video, I think there now may be an element of "I'm black so I can take the pi$$ out of you and you can't do anything to me" going on.
That's just an observation btw before I get accused of being a centre right/far right golfing racist ?

Exactly.....Bloke steals weapon from police officer and aims it at him, bloke is shot. He was asked a number of times to stop fighting and resisting.

*Current insults for bold bit are “member of EDL” or “alt Right” (whatever that means) so brace yourself ?

www.hiltonpark.net
In a country where the police are routinely armed, I'd fully expect to get shot if I pointed a weapon at a police officer and fired it.

How many attempts do you give him to shoot an officer before it's fair to respond?

And any chance of you answering my question?
I think it wouldn't but then again they're the police and should be trained to the highest standard not to do that. Not saying the guy wasn't in the wrong, I'm not saying he wasn't resisting arrest, I don't think it matters he's black it's just bloody awful policing. We have tasers and drunken a@#$holes a plenty in this country but our police seem to manage.

D

Deleted member 16999

I genuinely think the colour of the drunk or the Police is irrelevant.

From that video why couldn’t he or anyone else in that situation simply comply with the Police.

He took on 2 guys, false bravado full of ale and whether he deserved to die or not is another argument, but why risk it.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
I think it wouldn't but then again they're the police and should be trained to the highest standard not to do that. Not saying the guy wasn't in the wrong, I'm not saying he wasn't resisting arrest, I don't think it matters he's black it's just bloody awful policing. We have tasers and drunken a@#$holes a plenty in this country but our police seem to manage.

Not to do what; what exactly is the bloody awful policing that you are referring to?

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Well I'm guessing they had already assessed he wasn't carrying a weapon as that's the 1st thing they do in those situations so they shot and killed a man who was resisting arrest after being done for drunk driving.

They assessed that he had a weapon; the one he had stolen from them, the one that he was discharging at them.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Thing is, the video posted above is from a country where the Police have guns, and use them. If you grew up there, you know this. So nicking a taser, and using it, and then legging it, you kinda know what happens next. It's no mystery. Right or wrong, the guy knew what was coming. How could he not? Pissed or not, in the good old US of A, odds on, he would get shot.

The guy was an idiot.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
The Atlanta police officer who shot and killed Rayshard Brooks was fired by the Atlanta police department following what officials called the “unjustified” killing.

The body cam footage recorded that incidents interactions and it's hard after viewing it, not to conclude that the only reason Rayshard Brooks ass is dead, is because of Rayshard Brooks.

And here's the DA's take on it;

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
You also don't take into account it's the USA, right or wrong the cops over there seem shoot first and ask questions later.

That's the whole point and a reason why people are protesting......

FWIW: It's terrible policing, but the 2 guys shouldn't face charges in this case. The district attorney has gone mad and officers from 5 of the 6 Atlanta PD zones have walked out.

THE DA hasn't followed due process in this case. And also stated 2 weeks ago that Tasers are in fact lethal weapons whilst charging 6 other officers 2 weeks ago. HERE

Blue in Munich

Visit site
Status
Not open for further replies.