BLM protests/ Riots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 16999

Well he was under arrest for using fake money when he died, and there is no doubt that the streets are safer without him, or are you suggesting that his last prison sentence worked in ways his previous ones couldn’t.
Are we just supposed to forget he was prepared to kill a black woman and her unborn baby just because of the circumstances of his death.
Let’s work on facts, had not reoffended since release in 2014, therefore had served his time.

Arrested on suspicion of using a forged 20 Dollar Bill.

So again I ask you, can criminals be rehabilitated?

JustWayne

Visit site
https://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/23/world/europe/23oslo.html

White P.O.S kills 87 in Norway. is a "political extremist" who "turned the tidy Scandinavian capital into a scene reminiscent of terrorist attacks"

Not a terrorist.

Muslim kills a bunch of soldiers on US Army base, not a terrorist, workplace violence.

BBC News- Muslim dies in bomb blast (no mention that it just so happens the bomb was strapped to him, and he detonated it killing a Priest).

JustWayne

Visit site
Let’s work on facts, had not reoffended since release in 2014, therefore had served his time.

Arrested on suspicion of using a forged 20 Dollar Bill.

So again I ask you, can criminals be rehabilitated?

He did pass a fake bill when he made his purchase, so I don’t believe he hadn’t reoffended since 2014. I’ll say it again, I don’t think people should mourn the death of someone prepared to kill a woman and her unborn child over a few dollars.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Deflect?
So black lives only matter if they’re killed by police or white people? So the reality is that not All Black Lives Matter, why would that be? Maybe because there isn’t the need to take responsibility for the thousands killed at the hands of their own... help me out, why don’t all black lives matter?
you appreciate the difference between deaths at the hands of instruments of the state and those by civilians??

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Go on then, I'll bite.
Any chance of a link?

I feel unclean now ?

A standard poll may have a sample size of around 2,000, but YouGov has questioned 11,000 people over the past couple of weeks on how they intend to vote in the upcoming election. This allows us to delve deep into the different age groups, genders and educational backgrounds to understand the dynamics which will shape the election.
In the 2017 general election age became a clear dividing line in British politics: older voters overwhelmingly voted Conservative and younger voters backed Labour.
The data shows that there are still some clear patterns along these lines, although the waters are somewhat muddied by a move away from two-party politics.
Voting%20intention%20by%20age%20October%202019-01.png

Older people really ARE more racist: We become prejudiced as we age because we feel isolated and anxious about death, psychologists claim
  • Scientists said hating a group can grant some elderly people a sense of identity
  • This is because they can share their prejudices with others
  • For some the insecurities that commonly come with age lead to self-hatred
  • This self-hatred is then directed at minority groups, psychologists claim

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...acist-Prejudices-grow-feel-anxious-death.html (interesting source!)

D

Deleted member 16999

He did pass a fake bill when he made his purchase, so I don’t believe he hadn’t reoffended since 2014. I’ll say it again, I don’t think people should mourn the death of someone prepared to kill a woman and her unborn child over a few dollars.
So anyone using counterfeit money deserves to be executed?:unsure:

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
most aren’t morning the individual, you could argue his death has been highjacked for political means. It’s just if you believe the cause to be justified

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
“All lives matter.”

Before anyone jumps all over the above it’s in quotation marks for a reason. It’s a quote from a black woman I know very well. She has lived in a number of countries around the world, and experienced elements of racism in all of them. I’ve seen her suffer racist attacks for over 50 years, inc from Farage’s blackshirts during May’s failed GE.

She is a dignified, all-loving individual who does am amazing amount of work for society, especially the elderly, even though she’s been metaphorically kicked from pillar to post down the years.

In recent months, even with an underlying health condition, she‘s been out there working incredibly hard for everyone. Sometimes up to 20 house calls a day to the most vulnerable in society. She doesn’t see colour, race, religion or even character. She sees people who need help.

”All lives matter.” Her words, not mine. And if some village idiots want to politicise it, that’s their choice. If they want to take it down to a level of the haters from the other side, that’s their choice.

”All lives matter.”

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
How is it closed-minded? It's a simple statement of fact that older people are more right-wing and distrusting of foreigners and minorities than young people are. There are plenty of studies and polls out there to back that up.
Why did you feel you needed to say it, does it have some bearing on the subject or is it a convenient blunt instrument to justify a poor arguement. To use demographics this way for creating divisions is just like saying millenials are more likely to be spoilt brats who dont understand hardship.
What about people who rent holiday homes, are they more likely to be greedy capitalists who are creating housing shortages for the needy. Xenophobia is a trait not exclusive to the elderly and if I had the will to troll the internet no doubt I could find many links to suggest any demographic could be culpable of fearing foreigners, in saying this why did you need to turn the debate into a fear of foreigners, surely most black people aren't foreign.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Why did you feel you needed to say it, does it have some bearing on the subject or is it a convenient blunt instrument to justify a poor arguement. To use demographics this way for creating divisions is just like saying millenials are more likely to be spoilt brats who dont understand hardship.
What about people who rent holiday homes, are they more likely to be greedy capitalists who are creating housing shortages for the needy. Xenophobia is a trait not exclusive to the elderly and if I had the will to troll the internet no doubt I could find many links to suggest any demographic could be culpable of fearing foreigners, in saying this why did you need to turn the debate into a fear of foreigners, surely most black people aren't foreign.

and breathe ....

the point I was making is that this place is mainly populated by older white males, who as a demographic tend to be more reactionary than society as a whole, so I expect to see those kind of views expressed here. And the usual suspects never fail to deliver.

However, even allowing for this, I found it very poor to see BLM protesters dismissed as "rioters" along with some comments which were frankly racist.

D

Deleted member 21258

People who experience a black on white race fuelled incident, then use that to declare that the issue “goes both ways” are the same people who look out of the window in May, see that it’s snowing and claim that this proves Climate change is a myth.

One is a symptom, the other is a disease.

Both are a disease and real.

Neither should be tolerated.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
and breathe ....

the point I was making is that this place is mainly populated by older white males, who as a demographic tend to be more reactionary than society as a whole, so I expect to see those kind of views expressed here. And the usual suspects never fail to deliver.

However, even allowing for this, I found it very poor to see BLM protesters dismissed as "rioters" along with some comments which were frankly racist.
Well, I fall squarely into the category you mention. I guess my politics are right of centre but that doesnt make me racist or xenophobic. I like to analyse situations like this and try to see exactly what the problem is rather than get carried away by what the populist views are. I am still somewhat unclear what the BLM campaign is looking for, what changes would they like to see implemented. I understand people are thinking their lives dont matter but its not enough saying that, is it?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
A standard poll may have a sample size of around 2,000, but YouGov has questioned 11,000 people over the past couple of weeks on how they intend to vote in the upcoming election. This allows us to delve deep into the different age groups, genders and educational backgrounds to understand the dynamics which will shape the election.
In the 2017 general election age became a clear dividing line in British politics: older voters overwhelmingly voted Conservative and younger voters backed Labour.
The data shows that there are still some clear patterns along these lines, although the waters are somewhat muddied by a move away from two-party politics.
Voting%20intention%20by%20age%20October%202019-01.png

Older people really ARE more racist: We become prejudiced as we age because we feel isolated and anxious about death, psychologists claim
  • Scientists said hating a group can grant some elderly people a sense of identity
  • This is because they can share their prejudices with others
  • For some the insecurities that commonly come with age lead to self-hatred
  • This self-hatred is then directed at minority groups, psychologists claim

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...acist-Prejudices-grow-feel-anxious-death.html (interesting source!)
The second point says some..... So are we going back to generalisations again. Funny how its OK for some sides of an argument to like/believe certain generalisations/stereotypes....

I'd argue that older people would have more left wing views because of how they were raised. Not because they suddenly blame foreigners for death....

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
People who experience a black on white race fuelled incident, then use that to declare that the issue “goes both ways” are the same people who look out of the window in May, see that it’s snowing and claim that this proves Climate change is a myth.

One is a symptom, the other is a disease.
So a black person calling a white bloke a cracker is different from a white person calling a black the "n" word?

D

Deleted member 21258

Nope
Yup

Who said that one wasn’t real?

The first is a personal experience, extrapolated out to form a viewpoint of an entire group.
The second is an actual systemic problem.

Think I will agree to disagree, both sides have major issues.

And almost dismissing one sides concerns aren't going to get this debate or the problem solved.

All sides need to be honest and upfront with each other EDIT and look to move forward rather than backwards at things that can not be undone

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
The fact that you dare not type the n word probably answers your question.
Do you know what. After I wrote that I thought what a sad state of affairs. it's OK to possibly cause offence to white person with a racist term but didn't dare use the "n" word incase I was caused offence elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.