Blanket Handicap reductions

D-S

Visit site
I know that under the previous system, clubs were advised (commanded?) not to adjust players handicaps as a rule if they won non qualifying competitions. For example if you won the x knockout you were automatically cut 1 shot. I realise this behaviour went out with the ark.
I am struggling to find a new WHS reference to this or the old CONGU reference - does anyone know where I might find this advice or diktat?

wjemather

Visit site
I know that under the previous system, clubs were advised (commanded?) not to adjust players handicaps as a rule if they won non qualifying competitions. For example if you won the x knockout you were automatically cut 1 shot. I realise this behaviour went out with the ark.
I am struggling to find a new WHS reference to this or the old CONGU reference - does anyone know where I might find this advice or diktat?
It was Clause 17.3 in the UHS manual. Non-qualifying scores should not be used directly as the basis for any adjustment, but may be considered in the course of a review.

WHS (in Rule 7.1 and Appendix D) refers to "considering... all available evidence" when conducting a review, which includes "any scores from, or performances known, in non-authorized formats of play."