Blair - He's got alot to answer for......

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
What was? The link I published was from the Mirror newspaper!

So you didn't read that article either?

Norman Baker's book (both were mentioned in the article)! The book ( not named in the article as he was only writing it at the time) is called 'The Strange Death of David Kelly'.

The inadequacies of your 'research' is staggering!

Now, how about the 'evidence' to back up the claim that LiverpoolPhill challenged you about!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

So I suppose you think that the UK has unlimited stockpiles of cruise missiles and smart bombs! I was told by a friend in the defence industry that it would take at least five years to replace what was used up in the Iraq war at normal rates of procurement, and in the meantime we would have a severe shortage of such weapons! :)

That's not evidence of your statement that we diminshed our ability to defend ourselves - please provide evidence

You also said we used most of our modern weapons - please provide evidence

To help you - the amount of people left in the UK when we went to Iraq in the Armed Forces is about the same as we have overall right now

Weapons are used on a weekly basis during training exercises so there is always a turnover of weaponry used and in fact the Iraq and Afghan conflicts showed that we need to improve our personal kit and other vehicles etc to now be one of the best equipped in forces in the world ( even if the Tories keep slashing the Numbers )

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
So you didn't read that article either?

Norman Baker's book (both were mentioned in the article)! The book ( not named in the article as he was only writing it at the time) is called 'The Strange Death of David Kelly'.

The inadequacies of your 'research' is staggering!

Now, how about the 'evidence' to back up the claim that LiverpoolPhill challenged you about!
Whether he was murdered or driven to suicide by the political establishment of the day, Dr Kelly's only crime was to challenge one of the main planks in Tony Blair's justifications for declaring war on Iraq. Draw your own conclusions! :rolleyes:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
So I suppose you think that the UK has unlimited stockpiles of cruise missiles and smart bombs! I was told by a friend in the defence industry that it would take at least five years to replace what was used up in the Iraq war at normal rates of procurement, and in the meantime we would have a severe shortage of such weapons! :)

That may have been true, but...
a) that was in 2003-2005
b) that was nothing like your original claim
c) I would think even the MOD and Government might recognise the need for procurement rate to be increased!
d) Yet again, you make a gigantic leap from one piece of information to a conclusion only very tentatively related!

Whether he was murdered or driven to suicide by the political establishment of the day, Dr Kelly's only crime was to challenge one of the main planks in Tony Blair's justifications for declaring war on Iraq.
On this, we can agree - almost! It wasn't a crime and would have been a crime not to have been publicised! The 'crime' was the obscene hounding of Dr Kelly, as I have note more than once in this thread!

Draw your own conclusions! :rolleyes:
I suggest that, like me, you base your more on facts than imagination!

Last edited:

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
If your friend is really in this line of work he wouldn't or shouldn't be discussing such issues with you. Perhaps he's more of a friend of a friend of a friend.

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
If your friend is really in this line of work he wouldn't or shouldn't be discussing such issues with you. Perhaps he's more of a friend of a friend of a friend.

If we were short of ordnance after the Iraq war, I rather doubt that HM Government would want to admit this in public! :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 15344

If we were short of ordnance after the Iraq war, I doubt that HM Government would want to admit this in public! :rolleyes:

You still haven't provided evidence to back up your statement

I haven't heard one single whisper of any plane , tank , ship , sailor , solider being short of ammunition.

The depots I have visited both on ops and in the UK still full

So please provide evidence to back up your claim that we diminished our ability to defend ourselves

D

Deleted member 15344

I think the Government hoped that nobody would attack us within 5 years (after 2003)! :mmm:

Please either provide evidence or stop posting twaddle as if it's factual

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
You still haven't provided evidence to back up your statement

I haven't heard one single whisper of any plane , tank , ship , sailor , solider being short of ammunition.

The depots I have visited both on ops and in the UK still full

So please provide evidence to back up your claim that we diminished our ability to defend ourselves

I doubt that there is any documentation that is not 'Top Secret' for the reasons I have already discussed! :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 15344

I doubt that there is any documentation that is not 'Top Secret' for the reasons I have already discussed! :rolleyes:

So you have factual evidence to back up your claims which you post as facts ?

You said out ability to defend ourselves diminished - back that up please

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
So you have factual evidence to back up your claims which you post as facts ?

You said out ability to defend ourselves diminished - back that up please

If we has used most of our modern weapons (cruise missiles, smart bombs, etc) on attacking Iraq, how could our ability to defend ourselves not be reduced? Maybe we had a lot of shells left over from WW2, but that is not the point. We have recently had aircraft carriers with no aircraft on them (fast jets anyway after the Harriers were scrapped), and now no carriers at all unless we borrow them off the French. Pathetic! :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 15344

If we has used most of our modern weapons (cruise missiles, smart bombs, etc) on attacking Iraq, how could our ability to defend ourselves not be reduced? Maybe we had a lot of shells left over from WW2, but that is not the point. We have recently had aircraft carriers with no aircraft on them (fast jets anyway after the Harriers were scrapped), and now no carriers at all unless we borrow them off the French. Pathetic! :rolleyes:

Show me evidence that proves we used most of our modern weapons on attacking Iraq ?
Your "friend" down the pub is not evidence

The Harrier sell off and Carriers is nothing to do with Blair and the UK going to Iraq so what is relevance ?

We don't need a carrier to defend our shores here - have multiple Typhoon and Tornado squadrons to do that

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Show me evidence that proves we used most of our modern weapons on attacking Iraq ?
Your "friend" down the pub is not evidence

The Harrier sell off and Carriers is nothing to do with Blair and the UK going to Iraq so what is relevance ?

We don't need a carrier to defend our shores here - have multiple Typhoon and Tornado squadrons to do that

Yes but how can we defend our other interests without aircraft carriers and other warships. We have two new carriers being built in Scotland at the moment to be finished in about 2 years time, but even then I believe there is a problem with landing Eurofighter Typhoons safely on them! Probably not directly due to Tony Blair, but the financial mess that him and Gordon Brown left behind probably hasn't helped.

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-an.../17/140717-queen-elizabeth-takes-to-the-water

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

Yet your 'friend' in the Defense industry is quite happy to discuss such 'top secret' matters with you! Yeah, right!

I've heard about imaginary friends before! They go in the same bucket as half the Rules situations you raise - the same bucket PhiltheFragger could use for Badger Repellent!