Club Fittings - science in action or snake oil for sale?

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Let's take this slowly...
You accept that pros have always found fitting helps their game.

Sorry I wasnt clear enough. I didnt mean clubs helping their game, but I meant that club pros, when they were selling clubs to customers, have since the game began, gone with a bit of modification, a-la "gee, for a fella as tall as you, I will put and extra inch on the shafts for you". But that wasnt club fitting as the term is used today. It was a freak case.
So, in no case, saying that club fitting, as the term is used today, of electronic measurement, 'science', and fine modification of every parameter of the golf club and according to an individuals swing, works.

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Let it roll off the 'Recent Posts' list!

Alucad might not remember it after a short holiday and more Greek brandy! Or maybe Grasper Parsnip might remind him! :whistle:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Here's something to consider. What is the height and wrist to floor measurement of people that think fitting is unnecessary. It would be interesting to see if people that do not believe in fitting are possibly the people that need it the least.

Well since you ask, 6' 6" and 40" wrist crease to floor, but apparently standard clubs will suit me perfectly well. :rolleyes:

Personally I'll stick with Ping's maroon dot & +1" assessment. :thup:

D

Deleted member 21258

I think they are good to an extent, if I had to play with my old driver, I would give up with the driver, whereas the new one I can hit.

I bet Johndee(OP) is laughing over this thread, how long is it

DCB

Visit site
Just nipping out to Tesco for some nuts and popcorn, anyone else want some 😉

This thread is turning into a classic 😃

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
But you will never enjoy them is you just specify 'salted'. Thats utter madness, and just leaves everthing to chance.

Does Tesco have your popcorn preference details ? Have you been assessed for your prefered strain of corn to be popped ? There are hundreds. If you just pick any one, you could choke on them, or find them disgusting. It all depends on your personal taste buds. After that, its all about the size, salt quantity (and salt type is not to be overlooked either: cracked cornish sea salt, mined Bavarian salt, Moroccan Meditteranean sun dried salt, etc - you cannot take a chance with something like that which could spoil your enjoyment completely), then, of course, the whole butter/no butter issue which I wont even get into or the thread will never end.

MadAdey, One Planer will be in touch when he has been for a popcorn fitting. You simply wont get maximum popcorn enjoyment unless that is all sorted first.