Bisque golf

Humpy

Visit site
Anyone on here familiar with the bisque method of giving shots as opposed to giving 90% when playing a game (if a fourball)?

I was first told about this method some years ago by a Scotsman who explained that your opponents would get less bisques than shots but then they could use these whenever they liked after the hole has been completed. But I can't remember the method of calculating how many bisques each players gets. I'm pretty sure that it is a lot less that 90%. 50% maybe.

As the nights are drawing in and getting a full 18 after work is not always possible I find that playing with bisques is a good alternative.

Humpy

Visit site
Interesting that this says that people have to nominate their bisque before they tee off and in which case I can see them being able to take their full allowance (i.e. 90% if a fourball).

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interesting that this says that people have to nominate their bisque before they tee off and in which case I can see them being able to take their full allowance (i.e. 90% if a fourball).
Yeah to be honest your version where you say it afterwards seems a bit ridiculous. I wouldn't be keen to play any form of golf where you can revise your score after you've played a hole.

Humpy

Visit site
I don't make the rules!!

I know what you mean but the fact that you are giving less bisques than shots means that the person has to think about whether he takes all his bisques early doors thus leaving none for the latter holes (although that would also apply to if you nominate taking one before the playing of a hole).

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
It's used in our Council v Ladies match and is used if a team goes more than 3 holes down. TBH it's a pretty flexible rule and I never heard of it till I played in my first of these matches. In our instance it's to stop either side getting too embarassed with their score.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We play a men vs ladies match where the ladies get 3 bisques, generally this has been decided after the score.... after something like 10 defeats in a row it was changed to before teeing off... less successful for the ladies as they lost this time, fun format but not one i would try to play again.

Newnsy

Visit site
We play it in one fun comp (cross country golf) and you can take the bisques after you complete the hole. Made a 1 on the par 4 last, last year as I forgot to use mine and had 4 left for the last hole ?‍♂️