BIG Thanks to GM & Titleist

Jay1

Head Pro
Visit site
Just wanted to post a massive thank you to the GM team and guys at Titleist for 2 fantastic days.

For those that don't know, following the Titleist experience day at Silvermere, 2 other lucky forumers and me were selected to go along to the national fitting centre to be fit for some lovely new Titleist clubs. Mine was a fairway wood and the other guys got irons and a driver.

The day started with a meet up and chat at the national fitting centre at Hunts golf club in St Ives, before being fitted for our clubs. My fitting was for a 915F 3 wood and after much testing (including fancy custom shafts), and trying not to hit the brave guys with the cameras, I ended up with a 15degree with Diamana white board shaft. I wouldn't have even tried that shaft without a fitting like this as would have assumed it would be wrong for me in a fairway, but the numbers and the ball flight were just superb.

After the fitting we demoed the Scotty range. I've had a go with these indoors before and wasn't overly impressed. However on a real green, they were a different beast, lovely balance and feel (with pro v1) and put such a good roll on the ball. One of the fitters also gave me some great advice on my stroke and on choosing a putter with more toe hang (which is the opposite to what I would have thought but definitely worked)

Then was the dreaded on camera interview, so at some point I'll probably be on the website making an a$$ of myself. There were also lots of photos and videos through the day.

We had a little chipping session with the Vokeys, before being treated to a rather nice lunch at a nearby pub, before heading to Titleist HQ.

The tour of the HQ was a real eye opener. The size of the operation and more importanty the attention to detail and pride in what the do really stood out. The attention to detail and striving for perfect club building was incredibly impressive. Nothing gets out of that place unless it's put together to an extremely high standard. As an example, all measuring devices/machines (like swing weight, loft/lie) are calibrated twice a day. Swing weight tolerances on clubs are measured to within the weight of a £10 note. Basically, if you buy a Titleist product, you can have absolute confidence in how it's been built and put together.

Everyone from GM and Titleist has been absolutely first class and has given us 2 fantastic days and I couldn't be more greatful.

Sorry for the long post, but one last thing. If you are thinking of buying new clubs, don't dismiss Titleist because of any preconceptions as to who they are aimed at. Although they make some lovely blades, the range really is aimed at ALL golfers. The woods and irons are extremely good and much more forgiving than you may expect. And I'd highly recommend getting fitted at the national centre if you can. If I had the money I'd probably have a bag full of their gear having now tried the whole range.

Thanks once again

D

Deleted member 1740

Sounds like you've had a great day, enjoy your new toy!!

Jay1

Head Pro
Visit site
It was such a good day, and if the new bat works half as well as it did at the 2 Titleist days, I'm going to love it :)

Jay1

Head Pro
Visit site
They did allow pics, but no machinery could be shown in them, which is near on impossible with a mobile phone camera when you are surrounded by machines :). Because o his I didn't bother with pictures, and was to busy listening to the guy doing the tour. But the GM photographer got lots of shots so there should be some appearing on the site/magazine I would imagine.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
great write up and after being at the Silvermere day, I'm not surprised at both the attention to detail shown and the hospitality extended. Hope you all enjoy the new clubs and start to see the results in the very near future.

Jtadman

Hacker
Visit site
Jason, Richard and John (those who attended the Titleist fitting day) - can you remind me of your handicaps and home clubs please? Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the day!

golfdub

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Great write up, I must also say that it was a truly fantastic day and once in a lifetime opotunity. We were all treated with great respect and spoiled rotten 😆

Once we were at the factory we all got to see my clubs and the end of the production line ready to be boxedScreenshot_2015-04-17-20-39-57.jpg

Luca4

Assistant Pro
Visit site
An amazing day, that was thoroughly enjoyed. From reception to departure it was first class.
I can only completely echo all the comments above.

What was genuinely cool to see was the enthusiasm that the Titleist guys had for what they did, from my time on the putting green with Richard (which could prove costly as he went and proved that my Del Mar was completely unsuitable, and the X5 that i had just holed 3 of 6 20 footers was probably more suitable. To the persistence of the fitters to try one more option to prove themselves right, or squeeze the dispersion a little tighter, The guys in the factory who can tell you how much a shot of glue weighs, how best to lign up a shaft so that the decals don't distract or how much quicker they can process orders because they have worked out that making boxes up and having them ready equates to a 20hr a week job, and if they do it in bulk you get your clubs quicker. That was the extent that they were prepared to look into every process.
They were even buying Titleist product from the merch stands at The Masters, that was one cool box of Pro Vs

Oh and the Driver is fantastic, I hit it lunchtime and cant wait to hit the course over the weekend

Thanks again Titleist & GM for a cracking day.