Best used drivers which are forgiving for under £100?

albie999

Visit site
I bought a hybrid from golfbidder, which seemed a reasonable price .. there or thereabouts compared to ebay, got to try it at home ... but in the end did not quite suit .... the only problem with golfbidder, is they do charge £7.99 return fee which is then taken off your refund

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm in the Ping camp.

Avoid golf bidder and the likes you'll pay a premium when you can pick up the same club for a fraction on eBay.

Disagree. Have used them loads of time and the information is far more honest and accurate than anything on e-bay. Also I have bought clubs including a hybrid that were actually still in the hybrid and unused. Add in the return policy (granted there's postage to pay) and it seems a very simple was of getting quality 2nd hand clubs and a massive choice to suit all pockets

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Disagree. Have used them loads of time and the information is far more honest and accurate than anything on e-bay. Also I have bought clubs including a hybrid that were actually still in the hybrid and unused. Add in the return policy (granted there's postage to pay) and it seems a very simple was of getting quality 2nd hand clubs and a massive choice to suit all pockets
Well he's not wrong, they are definitely more expensive. Agree that their clubs are often better condition than you expect from the descriptions. But Jacko is correct that you will definitely get what you want cheaper on ebay as long as someone has it for sale. It's up to you if you want to pay like 40 quid more just for a bit more peace of mind. I've bought stuff from Golfbidder before, usually only when I couldn't find what I wanted on ebay though.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm in the Ping camp.

Avoid golf bidder and the likes you'll pay a premium when you can pick up the same club for a fraction on eBay.

I've bought countless clubs off ebay. Always much cheaper than the likes of golf bidder. My eyes do the grading. If it doesn't look in good nick then I wont buy it. Blurry photos. No ta.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've bought countless clubs off ebay. Always much cheaper than the likes of golf bidder. My eyes do the grading. If it doesn't look in good nick then I wont buy it. Blurry photos. No ta.
Exactly, it's a bit more of a risk but a calculated one as long as you're sensible. Granted once in a blue moon you may get a fake club and have no idea I suppose. :unsure:

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I recently bought the m2 driver (first version rather than the newer one) and love it. I had a Nike vrs before that and feel much more confident with the m2.

Bought it off eBay for £120, very good condition, the crown is immaculate.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

They have some second hand clubs at the same price you can buy new at present.

I'll stick to ebay and return through ebay knowing I am covered by ebay.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If by chance you get a fake club on Ebay, buyers are well protected and you just send the club back and get a refund.
I personally wouldn't have any clue that I had a fake club in my hand though. :LOL: I'd probably just use it, and if it was no good I'd sell it on again. Wouldn't occur to me to get it checked by someone.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anything on ebay
Bit of a sweeping statement

AdamW

Visit site
Just watched Rick Shields video does not look to be any difference much between ping g20, 25, 30 , g

Will see if i can save some money on a ping g20 compared to g30

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm sure you'll be fine with a ping, but you may want to consider something with a bit of adjustability and being able to swap/change shafts.