Best swings on the tour?

Visit site
Hey all, short time poster long time player and avid European and PGA Tour follower! (Although only managed to get to 25-ish tournaments in the past year or so, so not as sharp as I was a few years back).

A friend recommended this site to me, so thought I'd start by asking who everyone thinks has the best swing on tour (top 5) and the worst.

Mine are:

Top 5
1 Rory McIlroy
2 Adam Scott
3 Ernie
4 Jeev Milkha Singh
5 Matteo Manassero

Worst
1 Rod Pampling

I open it up to the floor.... Nothing's right or wrong as far as I'm concerned.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Adam Scott, Louis oosthuizen, charl schwartzel, take your pick. I'd be happy with any ones but mine really, but these three are up there.

Not sure how you get Jeeve milkha in there though. His is among the worst.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
1. Na yeon choi (LPGA)
2. Rory
3.oosthuizen
4.Tiger
5.Schwartzel

Got to agree with above,Jeeve Milkha would be in my 5 worst

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Firstly welcome.

Now to the main business for no reason other than I like the swings or the individuality of their swings I'd go best:

Rickie Fowler
Martin Kaymer
Louis Oosthuizen
Justin Rose
Paul Lawrie

Now again just because I don't take to it for some reason worst:

Bubba Watson
Lee Westwood
Jeev Milkha Singh
Thaworn Wirachant
Matt Kuchar

Visit site
Adam Scott, Louis oosthuizen, charl schwartzel, take your pick. I'd be happy with any ones but mine really, but these three are up there.

Not sure how you get Jeeve milkha in there though. His is among the worst.

I used to not like Jeev Milkha's swing too when I didn't know so much about golf back in the early Noughties. Then I met Jeev back in Valderrama, '06 I think it was. Someone heckled from the crowd at Jeev that his "swing looked worse than Arnold Palmer's ball-sack" which was plain offensive. Anyway I approached Jeev about it later to apologise on that douche's behalf and he gave a brief verbal lesson on wood and iron play. The next day I broke 110 for the first time, including my first par. Think that tells you all you need to know.

Ever since then I try to travel to as many tournaments of his as I can, and the more I see it I appreciate what a fluid, pulchritudinous swing he really has. I personally find that many of the Jeev haters these days are jealous.

Was tempted to put him a bit higher than fourth, but I'm very careful to guard against being overly generous to the great man.

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hey all, short time poster long time player and avid European and PGA Tour follower! (Although only managed to get to 25-ish tournaments in the past year or so, so not as sharp as I was a few years back).

A friend recommended this site to me, so thought I'd start by asking who everyone thinks has the best swing on tour (top 5) and the worst.

Mine are:

Top 5
1 Rory McIlroy
2 Adam Scott
3 Ernie
4 Jeev Milkha Singh
5 Matteo Manassero

Worst
1 Rod Pampling

I open it up to the floor.... Nothing's right or wrong as far as I'm concerned.

I'm clearly in the wrong job! If you truly are able to get to in person that many full tour events! If not then Pinochio is a real boy

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used to not like Jeev Milkha's swing too when I didn't know so much about golf back in the early Noughties. Then I met Jeev back in Valderrama, '06 I think it was. Someone heckled from the crowd at Jeev that his "swing looked worse than Arnold Palmer's ball-sack" which was plain offensive. Anyway I approached Jeev about it later to apologise on that douche's behalf and he gave a brief verbal lesson on wood and iron play. The next day I broke 110 for the first time, including my first par. Think that tells you all you need to know.

Ever since then I try to travel to as many tournaments of his as I can, and the more I see it I appreciate what a fluid, pulchritudinous swing he really has. I personally find that many of the Jeev haters these days are jealous.

Was tempted to put him a bit higher than fourth, but I'm very careful to guard against being overly generous to the great man.

Pulchritudinous??? What???

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Oosuterhuizen for me.

Not overly fussed on Jeev's swing but I'd take anything that would earn me a few hundred thousand a year doing something I love.