Best round ever?

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just back from playing my best round of golf ever, although I was not driving the ball very well my short game saved me and I had 3 birdies on the front 9 out in 37 level par and had a further 2 birdies on the back for a scratch 73 +2 overall nett 59.

Even with the course playing a little shorter probably around 3 shots I am over the moon and it is without doubt the best I have scored, just hope my form does not desert me when the season starts. :D :D :D

Is anyone else enjoying their winter golf this year?

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Still using the Nike's mate, been over two weeks now waiting for my new ones from Mizuno, bit worried about changing now :D.

DCB

Visit site
That's it, the Nikes know they're under threat so there putting up a defiant performance the likes of which you've never seen before!

I did that many years ago, winning our Summer Meeting, one of the oldest and best trophies in the club. My old Letters Calculus clubs played a blinder that day because thay knew I was awaiting delivery of a shiny new set of Tommy Armour 855s

Fickle game golf!

Good start to the year for you as far as confidence building goes though, well done.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Not my best ever round but only a couple of shots off, I went out today and shot 72 in blustery conditions(+1 gross or -8 with my ropey handicap!)
Last year was just a bad year I think, as since the competitions ended I have been consistantly breaking my handicap with ease so hopefully it wont be long before I am back down to 6 again.
Front nine was funny, never hit a fairway in regulation and had to hack out of behind 3 trees, still scored par,birdie,par,birdie,par,par,par,par,bogey for a front nine of -1 (36) and started to drive the ball better in the back nine. Scored par,par,par,par,bogey,bogey,par,par.
I think I counted 25 or 26 putts (11 putts front nine) which on our recently sand dusted greens, Im pretty happy with.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
73 gross. Calm down, that's a bit hot! 5 birdies....did you play this round at 4.32am in your dreams?
Fantastic.....well done to you.

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Was at Crieff John, just one of those days mate that everything was working well for a change.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Toady....did you score a gross 73 off 14 then?

Complete this sentence "I am teaming up with Smokey to become the pairs champs known as Smokey and the ...blank..."

I've never managed a 73, ever, scored a few 74s off about 8....nowhere near this league! Stunning.

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Dave,
never been close to 73 on the full course best is 77, at the moment the course is around 2-3 shots shorter as we are on the front tee's.
But as my mate said you still have to play the shots no matter the length so still very happy with my round.

mikest

Club Champion
www.middlesbroughgolfclub.co.uk
great score mate, its awesome when it all comes together.

played crieff last year and really enjoyed it, warmed up on the 9-holer then hit 78 (bit high) but had a great day. hit it out of bounds through the back of the 18th green with my driver to the amusement of my workmates who were on the balcony of the 19th! really liked the par 4 round the corner on the back 9, 15th i think?? huge dogleg to the right. will be back at that course sometime this year, thanks for reminder, stunning scenery too.