Best practice balls (that don't fall apart!!)

Kennysarmy

Visit site
So lockdown 3 and no golf or range work allowed.

BUT.

I work in a school so am going to make use of the gym or hall and hit some practice balls off a mat inside in the warmth :)

Just wondering what are the best practice balls to get that mimic the flight of the shot and that don't disintegrate after a few hard hits!

Cheers

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I used to have a very large outbuilding in one house I owned. Using airflow balls, the plastic ones with lots of holes, a perfectly struck 6 iron used to hit the roof apex at the furthest most point. They also avoided the risk from a errant ball ricocheting round the room.

Raziren

Visit site
I rate the Callaway HX Practice golf balls. Currently 9 for £9 at golf online. They have a bit of give (ie can be squeezed/compressed a bit by hand) and will fly but wont damage windows. Good for indoors and nets but maybe not great for general outside practice - I skyed one outdoors in the summer which missed the makeshift net, was headed towards the road (i was more worried of it frightening a driver rather than doing any damage), caught the wind and turned 45 degrees & landed harmlessly thankfully.

I bought some Champkey Compressed Foam balls from Amazon in the first lock down and would not recommend them - they were returned. They were rock hard, you couldn't squeeze them at all by hand and i think they would do damage it they hit something.

Attachments

• hx ball.png
    hx ball.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 1

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
These are pretty solid to strike.

So much so they are banned from my house after I thinned one and exploded a pint glass.

Dog house for some time. HahaScreenshot_20210105-174419_Samsung Internet.jpg

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Authorization given and some Callaway HX Practice balls purchased.

Delivery next week - already have a small mat to hit them off - it's sometimes good to have a break from golf but not sure I can go weeks without swinging and watching something fly badly through the air haha

FELL75

Visit site
I rate the Callaway HX Practice golf balls. Currently 9 for £9 at golf online. They have a bit of give (ie can be squeezed/compressed a bit by hand) and will fly but wont damage windows. Good for indoors and nets but maybe not great for general outside practice - I skyed one outdoors in the summer which missed the makeshift net, was headed towards the road (i was more worried of it frightening a driver rather than doing any damage), caught the wind and turned 45 degrees & landed harmlessly thankfully.

I bought some Champkey Compressed Foam balls from Amazon in the first lock down and would not recommend them - they were returned. They were rock hard, you couldn't squeeze them at all by hand and i think they would do damage it they hit something.
Mine arrived today. Looking forward to a round in the back garden ?

FELL75

Visit site
Just had a go with the Callaways. Having used airflow balls wasn't expecting them to fly so far, nearly lost one straight up (nothing new there ?). As a result had to hit half shots, nice flight but probably use airflows if you want a full swing. Guess it all depends on how much room you have...