Best electric Trolley?

TigerBear

Visit site
Hello guys,

Been looking online at the best all rounder and there are so many options to choose from! Bit overwhelming as it's the first time I've ventured into the electric trolley market.

I keep coming back to Motocaddy M5 GPS, the Powakaddy CT6 GPS or FX7 GPS. Think the CT6 edges it as it is more compact dimension wise when folded away.

Although FX7 is the newer model, better trolley?

The GPS aspect isn't essential as I've got my Garmin watch but any experience, reviews or other recommendations much appreciated!

Cheers
TB

D

Deleted member 15344

Depends on exactly what you want from the trolley

Are you worried about the size ?
do you want stats on it or GPS ?

You won’t go wrong with a Motocaddy S1 or M1 - simple stop and go , M1 folds down smaller

The M3 and S3 have a few extras distances etc

The S5 or M5 have the GPS

Avoid the DHC

The newer Powerkaddys don’t appear very sturdy but very light and small

Go Kart is a very good trolley but the looks and build are marmite

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The newer Powerkaddys don’t appear very sturdy but very light and small.

Agree entirely with LP’s comments above and more importantly the above. I have The Powakaddy FW5 which was bought in Jan20. It has hardly been used because of COVID restrictions and we are on holiday quite often. in 16 months it has probably been used 7. it is extremely flimsy and I have now added a strap round the handl. I am in correspondence with Powakaddy from last week. If I received a refund I will probably go for Motorcaddy

TigerBear

Visit site
Personally would never go near a MotorCaddy but it’s a personal view. Mine is a very old, reliable Powercaddy. I know golfers who swear by these https://www.gokart.co.uk/product-category/gokart_trolleys/

Cheap, reliable and great after service.

Cheers for sharing mate, but not too keen on the look of the gokarts.

Depends on exactly what you want from the trolley

Are you worried about the size ?
do you want stats on it or GPS ?

You won’t go wrong with a Motocaddy S1 or M1 - simple stop and go , M1 folds down smaller

The M3 and S3 have a few extras distances etc

The S5 or M5 have the GPS

Avoid the DHC

The newer Powerkaddys don’t appear very sturdy but very light and small

Go Kart is a very good trolley but the looks and build are marmite

Thanks mate that's a huge help! To be honest LP as they are an expensive purchase I'm looking for something that will last, solid build and worth the investment. Would prefer more top of the range as opposed to budget end.

Price not an issue but would prefer to keep it under £800 if I can. Size and GPS not a concern, sturdiness, good battery and a good display are what i'd prioritise. Sorry what do you mean by stats?

The newer Powerkaddys don’t appear very sturdy but very light and small.

Agree entirely with LP’s comments above and more importantly the above. I have The Powakaddy FW5 which was bought in Jan20. It has hardly been used because of COVID restrictions and we are on holiday quite often. in 16 months it has probably been used 7. it is extremely flimsy and I have now added a strap round the handl. I am in correspondence with Powakaddy from last week. If I received a refund I will probably go for Motorcaddy

Thanks mate, seems like a Powakaddy aren't worth the money when it comes to build quality then!

D

Deleted member 15344

Cheers for sharing mate, but not too keen on the look of the gokarts.

Thanks mate that's a huge help! To be honest LP as they are an expensive purchase I'm looking for something that will last, solid build and worth the investment. Would prefer more top of the range as opposed to budget end.

Price not an issue but would prefer to keep it under £800 if I can. Size and GPS not a concern, sturdiness, good battery and a good display are what i'd prioritise. Sorry what do you mean by stats?

Thanks mate, seems like a Powakaddy aren't worth the money when it comes to build quality then!

https://www.americangolf.co.uk/gps-...rd-range-lithium-electric-trolley-357698.html

This would be the one I would get but with the extended battery would put you under £800

The displays is great , it’s sleek , solid and light

The stats are things like how long a round took or distance travelled etc

The quick lock for the bag is great as well.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
https://www.americangolf.co.uk/gps-...rd-range-lithium-electric-trolley-357698.html

This would be the one I would get but with the extended battery would put you under £800

Thats what I've got (y)
Had it almost a year and it hasn't missed a beat.
Easy up and down, folds small with inverted wheels....does everything you need.

TigerBear

Visit site

Cheers Phil! There doesn't appear to be an option for the extended battery in that link so are you buying that separately?

TigerBear

Visit site
Thats what I've got (y)
Had it almost a year and it hasn't missed a beat.
Easy up and down, folds small with inverted wheels....does everything you need.

Cheers Imurg, how many rounds does the battery last roughly?

Do you have the extended battery?

TigerBear

Visit site
Personally would never go near a MotorCaddy but it’s a personal view. Mine is a very old, reliable Powercaddy. I know golfers who swear by these https://www.gokart.co.uk/product-category/gokart_trolleys/

Cheap, reliable and great after service.
Im another who wont touch Motocaddy again

Bought a Golfstream revolution many years ago and far more solidly built than anything else Ive had, great service from a british company too

Can I just ask guys what is it about Motocaddy that was so bad?

The online reviews all seem really positive and I'm reading that they along with PK are the market leaders!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Can I just ask guys what is it about Motocaddy that was so bad?

The online reviews all seem really positive and I'm reading that they along with PK are the market leaders!

I used to own one of their plastic pieces of rubbish, as soon as out of warranty Motocaddy didnt want to know or try and help. Spent too much money and time trying to get it repaired repeatedly before seeing sense and taking it to the tip and buying a properly built trolley.

Just because companies have big advertising budgets doesnt mean they have either the best product or service levels, and in Motocaddys case, imo, they are a long way from having either

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Cheers Imurg, how many rounds does the battery last roughly?

Do you have the extended battery?
I charge it after every round.
Its only an 18 hole one but the gauge never drops below halfway and that's on an undulating course and we cover about 7500 yards car to course to car.
Battery charges in about 2 hours..

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nothing wrong with my Motocaddy S3. Had 1 warranty repair due to a faulty folding mech, was sorted within 2 days of contacting motocaddy.
6yr old now and it’s got nearly 1900miles on the clock now, doesn’t get looked after above a quick jet wash now and then.
My PP has a FW5 that’s been hassle free but creaks from every joint.
I’d buy either brand but prefer the look of motocaddys.