Best cheap courses scotland

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi All,

Post the covid golf boom, it seems like quite a lot of courses for visitors are significantly more expensive than they were a few years ago.

Would really appreciate some recommendations for good courses in scotland that cost less than say £40 for a round as a visitor.

Thanks

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Ashludie at Monifieth Links £40 in the summer, cheaper rest of the year.

You can of course get some good deals on sites/apps like Golf Now (other sites may be available) - we played Kirriemuir on a Saturday last year for £18 and it's a lovely course

Last edited:

dronfield

Visit site
Had some great value golf trips up around Moray - loads of courses to play; Cullen, Buckpool, Hopeman, Spey Bay, Moray New, Strathlene etc. Mostly links but some goid inland ones too. Years ago you could buy a Moray golf ticket to play on several courses.

Rich

D

Deleted Member 1156

Both Greenock and Gourock are £30 or less and nice courses if they are close to you.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
West Lothian is a smashing course.

Braids Hill in Edinburgh is surprisingly good fun, it surprised me anyway.

Both can be played for within the budget suggested

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Where are you based, and how far do you want to travel(if at all)?
You are welcome to give my place the pleasure of your company (and game) if you fancy Glasgow/Paisley??
Jimbo.................(away to kick next doors cat after losing on pens)!!

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bathgate, Shotts, Greenburn, Harburn, Ratho Park to mention just a few in West Lothian are all reasonable and worth playing especially in good weather.
Also welcome to slum it at my gaff (y)

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Bathgate, Shotts, Greenburn, Harburn, Ratho Park to mention just a few in West Lothian are all reasonable and worth playing especially in good weather.
Also welcome to slum it at my gaff (y)
Hi Bill..........reminds me ;we're going to have to get it on our places when all safe and well-golf that is!
One of my buddies (budgie's called Alfredo) wants to meet up with 'old torn face'
Actually, they all do!
Catch you later, now off to listen to 2Cellos live in Sydney Opera House ( have kicked Neighbours cat)

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site
GolfNow is your best bet.....look for their Hot Deals.

Just had a quick look in Aberdeenshire and Moray areas and the following are all available at good prices if you're not too fussy about what time you tee off:
Hazlehead (£22), Peterhead (£41.99), Cullen (£27.99), Spey Bay (£22.99), Moray New (£25), Grantown on Spey (£25)