Best broadband deals?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
It is a Soyealink B535-333
Not heard of that. Looks to be from Huawei. Specs are slightly higher than the TP-Link one I had (400Mbps wireless v. 300Mbps).
Can't really contribute anything more to this other than to suggest you look into SIM deals from companies other than the big 4.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not heard of that. Looks to be from Huawei. Specs are slightly higher than the TP-Link one I had (400Mbps wireless v. 300Mbps).
Can't really contribute anything more to this other than to suggest you look into SIM deals from companies other than the big 4.

Thanks for the help. I’m not really savvy with this and any help is greatly appreciated. I had to talk to BT today re a bill I couldn’t download and they tried to flog me bt internet. Their response when they admitted they couldn’t guarantee above 3 Mbps was laughable.
What infuriates me was the Scottish Government’s commitment to provide access to super fast broadband of at least 30 Mbps to every home and business in Scotland by the end of 2021!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
As someone who has (as of now, was :):):)) been with Virgin for years, I beg to differ. They are a bunch of @#@#@#@**@#@# charlatans. Fortunately, in our area, there are now other providers who supply via full fibre - ie no copper involved.
300mbs download 18mbs upload for £30 including their TV box, which we don't use much just have Amazon Firestick. Sure I've had my battles over the years with them, but until others can match their speed levels........

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I checked out the smaller providers and best broadband only deals in my area.
Best seems to be Virgin who offer a 24 month deal, first 6 months @ £15 then £30 for the next 18.
Averaging around £26 a month.
Now to find out if the deal is available for existing customers.
Update- this deal isn't available for existing customers.
Best Virgin can offer me is a telephone, tv and a 350 Mbps broadband deal at £56 a month.
I have a cunning plan shoosh.

Last edited:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bingo, cancelled existing contract that was in my wife's maiden name.
New 18 month Black Friday deal contract in my name as a new customer .
First 3 months free then £32.50 for remaining 15 months.
With a 1 off £35 activation charge, but seemingly includes a free plug in stick to enable watching on another devices???

Last edited:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
:love::love:Virgin retention dept called today and offered my wife a new broadband only deal £19.99 a month with 250 Mbps.
Amazing what deals are available.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
:love::love:Virgin retention dept called today and offered my wife a new broadband only deal £19.99 a month with 250 Mbps.
Amazing what deals are available.

Not as good as your deal but Sky Retentions text me yesterday with a "Black Friday" offer... £25 a month for there "Superfast" broadband, (Its not really superfast, 45-51Mbps) for 18 Months. This is down from their original offer of £36.50 which prompted me to start the cancellation process. Absolutely ridiculous you have to dance this dance with Sky every 18 Months! :mad:

Just got the TV to sort now.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not as good as your deal but Sky Retentions text me yesterday with a "Black Friday" offer... £25 a month for there "Superfast" broadband, (Its not really superfast, 45-51Mbps) for 18 Months. This is down from their original offer of £36.50 which prompted me to start the cancellation process. Absolutely ridiculous you have to dance this dance with Sky every 18 Months! :mad:

Just got the TV to sort now.

Have you taken it up? They are offering me Full Fibre 100 for £28 a month on an 18 month contract.

Edit to add - Wonder if it's only to tempt me back as we are currently not with them.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Have you taken it up? They are offering me Full Fibre 100 for £28 a month on an 18 month contract.

Edit to add - Wonder if it's only to tempt me back as we are currently not with them.

Yeah I did, i am pretty happy with the price, they reckon it’s the fastest broadband they do in my area.

Agree with your edit, they do lift their skirt a little higher for new customers 😆

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
And it took your wife to actually cancel for this deal to emerge from the woodwork. 😡
Yes and I had to cancel my new £32.50 a month deal. If the retention people hadn't called we were happy with my deal as our old deal was going up to £56 a month.
So happy days, now searching for a car insurance deal.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
We're with Sky. I get Sky Broadband Superfast at about 60-70mbps, Sky Signature, Sky Movies, Sky Multiscreen, Sky UHD, Sky Talk Internet for £75 per month.
Of course, this will all have to be negotiated again when this contract runs out.
Broadband is more than fast enough for us, but as per normal, the OEM Router is pants. So I have TP-Link Deco M5 around the house for general use and just use the Sky WiFi for connecting up the multiscreen boxes. It works well.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Update- this deal isn't available for existing customers.
Best Virgin can offer me is a telephone, tv and a 350 Mbps broadband deal at £56 a month.
I have a cunning plan shoosh.
Sorry for delay, I don't watch these 24/7, but that's a joke. We have the same at £32, I kid you not. Tell them you are going to leave. They will back down, if not, go with another service provider.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Despite everything Virgin at THE BEST for broadband. Just ring them up and get a deal that suits you. We reduced our down to £30 including Tv but next time don't need TV so will be hoping for about £26. They are the best and fastest. Cable wins everytime.

We’ve been trying to get virgin to look at our package and it’s a nightmare. 81.00 for their basic TV package with broadband.

Their phone lines are impossible to get through on, seems the only form of Comms is via WhatsApp.

If anyone has a decent contact number it would be great.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
We’ve been trying to get virgin to look at our package and it’s a nightmare. 81.00 for their basic TV package with broadband.

Their phone lines are impossible to get through on, seems the only form of Comms is via WhatsApp.

If anyone has a decent contact number it would be great.
08009522276, then press 1. to speak to an actual person.