bar card refund

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone had an issue with a club where on leaving (or on expiry of membership) the club refuses to refund any residual money on the card ?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Anyone had an issue with a club where on leaving (or on expiry of membership) the club refuses to refund any residual money on the card ?

I wouldn’t think you’ll get much joy getting it back. They probably deem it has prepaid credit like a gift card. Odeon wouldn’t refund it if you started going to the Vue......

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It was the money I recently topped up I was after getting back, tbh is happily donate it to the charity pot, but being told its just going back to the club has got my back up.

D

Deleted member 1740

As far as I’ve always been aware at any club, if you don’t spend your money on your bar card by end of year you lose it.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Why not explain to noe of your mates at the Club your situation.

Say there is £12 on the card.Tell him he can have it for £10. If he is a very close friend either give him the card or he may give you the full amount.

How much is involved please?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
When my son didn't renew his membership I got my club to transfer his balance on to my card. They were happy to. Could you pass yours onto a friend who is still there? At least someone gets to use it still that away.

D

Deleted member 1740

think thats bar levy, think bobs talking about optional add ons

Still i won't ever play there again and I'll go for lessons elswhere.
Their lose.

Couldn't get a balance off them, think it's around £25

Are you really that hard up for £25??

As far as im concerned as soon as you add money onto your members card, you are entering a contract to spend thst said money at the club bar.

Do you get a discount if you pay via a members bar card?

i see ad hoc bar deposits as your comittment to supporting your club bar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Why did you not just buy a couple of bottles of wine when you left?

That would have used your balance. I know at a previous club of mine you could use up your balance on taking a bottle of wine or a few beers away.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can we close the thread please.

HELL NO !!!!!

I've got this problem too. To those who thing £25 is small change then you've got too much money and can I have some? I've got £30+ on mine and I was told I had to spend it before the end on April. no problem....You'd think. I have not been able to go to the club to spend it so on a last ditch attempt to get something back I whizzed over on the 30th to find the clubhouse shut! It's my money !!!!! And I want something for it!

D

Deleted member 21258

Have you read the club rules?

I only ask as I know I read one set of clubs rules recently(yeah I was that bored!), and it specify says in the rules that any balance becomes the clubs if not spent. Therefore I would assume that all standard golf clubs rules probably has this.

Not saying if I agree or not, but something to look at imho.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If it were me and they wouldn't let me have it back, I would just go there with a mate and drink the remaining balance in one go. Rather that than it go to waste! If it's only £25, that's only going to be about 3 pints each for the two of you at a guess so easily done.

Edit: obviously you will then need a lift home. :D