Ban Texas Scrambles?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I like them... but in their place

Should be kept for themed days, fundraisers etc

For some reason I've ended up playing in way too many this year, must be over a dozen with at least one or two more to go. So I'm exhausted with them at the moment

RichA

Visit site
I like them. We did a couple of 3 person comps per year at my old club. Most teams were mixed ability. Normally won by teams with 1 low and 2 mid-handicappers.
Our rules forced each team to use 6 tee shots per player, which worked really well.
Pals and I often play a casual scramble just for the hell of it.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
We just call them "scrambles" here in most of America, and they're not all organized comps.
My friends and I play them regularly just among ourselves.

Scrambles tend to be slow, however, but on weekday mornings, there usually isn't a problem.

Sometimes, it's fun to not play against each other in a foursome,
but rather to try to meet a score challenge as a team.

I hit driver a lot more often in scrambles than I would playing for a personal score,
and when you have a little tap in for par already in the bag,
you can really charge putts.

I love scrambles.

Burnsey

Visit site
Yes really, a 2 man scramble is massively different from a 4 man scramble, most importantly on verification, in a 2 man scramble you have an independent marker

Honestly, you don’t :LOL:

We play a two man scramble in four ball format. No need for any marker, adjudicator, caddie, or personal chef.

I see the thread is focussed on four ball scrambles, so apologies for even having the tenacity to go off topic. Plus you’re a bit argumentative, so I’ll leave you to propose your ban to whoever you need to.

Burnsey

Visit site
Erm, yes there is, ffs, of course you play a 2 man scramble as a 4, the other two are your markers. You can;t be this thick can you?

Abbreviated swearing and name calling now - oh matron!

I’d happily let a two ball play on their own, as many do and I have. Don’t remember cheating.

Now, go and get obnoxious somewhere you might not look as stupid as you do here, that’s a good lad.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Abbreviated swearing and name calling now - oh matron!

I’d happily let a two ball play on their own, as many do and I have. Don’t remember cheating.

Now, go and get obnoxious somewhere you might not look as stupid as you do here, that’s a good lad.
Oh do one you big blouse. You peddled an utter lie. Maybe you'd let a 2 ball play on their own, thankfully clubs don't

Burnsey

Visit site
Oh do one you big blouse. You peddled an utter lie. Maybe you'd let a 2 ball play on their own, thankfully clubs don't

Not been a member too long, but you're the first royal pillock I've come across.

Big (girl's) blouse, liar and thick I've been called in two posts.

I played a society scramble only last week and the numbers simply came out that there was a two ball. It was for fun, yes, but there were prizes. No one cheated.

Keep your soiled pants on now and run along.

Last edited: