Bad Golf

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Bad Golf YouTube channel is exactly that.
2 guys playing really bad golf but having a blast doing it.
They play courses around my neck of the woods and have a season-long match.
Dont go there looking for insightful tips or anything like that
Just enjoy the really, really bad golf - something we can all relate to.
One of the guys has just done a video with Rick Shiels- that'll give you a taste.
Just good honest fun....and really, truly, awful golf....(y)

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Bad Golf YouTube channel is exactly that.
2 guys playing really bad golf but having a blast doing it.
They play courses around my neck of the woods and have a season-long match.
Dont go there looking for insightful tips or anything like that
Just enjoy the really, really bad golf - something we can all relate to.
One of the guys has just done a video with Rick Shiels- that'll give you a taste.
Just good honest fun....and really, truly, awful golf....(y)

a bit like some forum meets then

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I'm a big fan, thought the golf was of a pretty decent standard to be honest, although Horne has been getting too good of late.

I love the suspenseful music on crucial putts.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Weird, I’ve just watched one of theirs after watching the RS one. Pretty decent. I like Alex Horne anyway, and John robbins is decent on radio 5.

I also like the different music styles, a change from the norm!

carldudley

Visit site
I found myself watching a few of their videos last night after watching the RS one.

Couple of great lads, out for a bit of a laugh, it's rather refreshing to see - particularly enjoy it as a reminder I'm not the worst out there.

Interesting to see which courses they hack around - Grove was an interesting one (despite the camera cut outs)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watched the one with Rick Shiels last night. The guy was funny for a while but I got fed up of him saying "ooh 'ello!" after every half reasonable shot. And he was very down on himself despite not really being that terrible at golf, I actually found his negativity quite frustrating for some reason. :LOL: I will have a look at some of the stuff on their channel though, it has the potential to be something I'd like.

Edit: Just glanced at their channel and noticed vids at Wycombe Heights and Wexham Park, both places I've played so I'll definitely be watching those! Everyone else I subscribe to seems to be up north or from another country, will be interesting to see a v-log on a course I've actually played on.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Watched the one with Rick Shiels last night. The guy was funny for a while but I got fed up of him saying "ooh 'ello!" after every half reasonable shot. And he was very down on himself despite not really being that terrible at golf, I actually found his negativity quite frustrating for some reason. :LOL: I will have a look at some of the stuff on their channel though, it has the potential to be something I'd like.
I'm not a fan of him as a comedian and found him quite grating in the video.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not a fan of him as a comedian and found him quite grating in the video.
I had no idea he was a comedian until Rick mentioned it, so no opinion there. Some of the things he said in the vid were funny and some were tiresome, yeah.

Random point but his voice reminded me of that guy who used to host the Krypton Factor.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
I had no idea he was a comedian until Rick mentioned it, so no opinion there. Some of the things he said in the vid were funny and some were tiresome, yeah.

Random point but his voice reminded me of that guy who used to host the Krypton Factor.
He's been on the usual panel shows a few times, mock the week etc. His girlfriend is Sarah Pascoe.

Cake

Club Champion
Visit site
He's been on the usual panel shows a few times, mock the week etc. His girlfriend is Sarah Pascoe.

Just to correct this - John Robins’ ex is Sarah Pascoe (he won the Edinburgh Comedy Award for his show about the breakup) ... he is now engaged to dress designer Coco Fennell I believe.

D

Deleted member 27584

The contrast between their temperaments makes it interesting. Horne being utterly implacable, Robbins quite the opposite.
The funniest aspect, for me, is the twee conviviality that exists between the two and the obvious but never expressed ire held by Robbins.
When the series started, Horne was miles behind as a golfer and not really invested in improving. By contrast Robbins had all the gear and sponsorship and spent loads on coaching. It is quite startling how their journeys have crossed, a bit like the Tortoise and the Hare, to a point where Horne is much the better golfer. Just to add to the spice, also now receiving 3 shots per game over Robbins!!
My only negative would be the games are a little too infrequent, but that's probably deliberately so since they're obviously not making a living at it like the rest.

Russ_D

Club Champion
Visit site
Just discovered Bad Golf recently and loving it. Fan of Alex Horne from Taskmaster and find their channel a refreshing change from Crossfield, Shiels and the rest. My kind of golf.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
The shot to win their first match was a very worthy winner. I don’t watch a lot of golf videos but I might keep a vague eye on these guys.