Avoid 118Golf.co.uk

BRISTOL86

Head Pro
Visit site
I ordered some shoes from their website on Monday 15th July, and phoned them on the Wednesday (17th) to ask when they might be despatched. They told me they would be going out the following day (Thursday 18th) and I would receive them by the weekend.

In the end they didn't even get despatched until the Monday, and by then I was away on holiday. And having now come back from hols and opened the parcel, they've sent them in the colour I DIDN'T order them in, brilliant or what! :rolleyes:

Buyers beware, I used them because they were cheaper than others (before I discovered the good/bad site rating page!) and have learned my lesson!

TPO77

Club Champion
Visit site
Sadly I also never read the good/bad site page either and ordered a new bag from them on Wednesday. Fully expecting it to be wrong item or late after all I've read but hopefully I'm the exception to the rule. :rolleyes:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Items usually out of stock and an alternative sent or, if you're lucky, they'll give you the choice before sending it but AFTER they've taken payment...

I don't use them anymore!

BRISTOL86

Head Pro
Visit site
Have any of you had any experience of the returns process? I've fired off a disgruntled email saying that I expect a full refund etc.

lyden

Head Pro
Visit site
Found out stuff is out of stock after ordering and it blatently lies on their website and says its in stock. I wont use them again.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Rubbish company. Despite being no more than 10 miles away (their offices are in Camberley) it took 3 weeks to get a bag to me. They tend to carry little or no stock and order in so if there are problems getting stuff from manufacturers delays are inevitable. Rubbish customer service so avoid like the plague

BRISTOL86

Head Pro
Visit site
Rubbish company. Despite being no more than 10 miles away (their offices are in Camberley) it took 3 weeks to get a bag to me. They tend to carry little or no stock and order in so if there are problems getting stuff from manufacturers delays are inevitable. Rubbish customer service so avoid like the plague

In the interests of credit where it's due, I've just had my refund from them, within 48 hours of me posting the incorrect item back to them. Still wouldn't use them again but even so, at least they rectified it quickly and without hassle.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Lots of golf retailers are drop-ship companies that don't carry physical stock, using a central supplier instead. The probelm is when many drop-shippers are using the same supplier, the stock systems isn't real-time and they get caught out lots.
I bought from Golfbuyitonline (mainly as they were the only ones to have the item I wanted) and after 4 days hadn't receieved anything. When I questioned it I got an automated response telling me "the item is held in our remote storage facility" or as I like to call it, a warehouse...
Anyhow, I questioned it again and about their systems not being adequate to cope and to thier credit they admitted that they had issues. I got a dozen Nike One RZN balls in compo (worth more than the shag bag I bought) so fair play to them.

It's just a pity that drop-shipping is allowed to happen as it's definitely a poor customer experience driver 8 out of 10 times.

Tell-tale sign is that most of the drop-shippers websites look very similar as they are built using the same interface due to the same supplier base system.

harvey4banger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I had a load of hassle with them over an electric cart, go down there and see them, upstair at Windlesham Golf course, they dont give you any hassle face to face believe me ;)

I ordered some shoes from their website on Monday 15th July, and phoned them on the Wednesday (17th) to ask when they might be despatched. They told me they would be going out the following day (Thursday 18th) and I would receive them by the weekend.

In the end they didn't even get despatched until the Monday, and by then I was away on holiday. And having now come back from hols and opened the parcel, they've sent them in the colour I DIDN'T order them in, brilliant or what! :rolleyes:

Buyers beware, I used them because they were cheaper than others (before I discovered the good/bad site rating page!) and have learned my lesson!

harvey4banger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well they certainly used to be, maybe they got fed up of people going down there and threatening them

=gryffindor;879908]Are you SURE they are upstairs at Windlesham?[/QUOTE]

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Their returns address is a trading estate...

Drop ship companies often have a returns address different to the business premises. The return address belongs to the supplier and thst is who you return to. This often then results in a delay refunding while the supplier communicates with the retailer. Happily that wasnt the case for you.