average driving distances?

steve

Club Champion
Visit site
played yesterday, used a sky caddie to mark my good drives.it has knocked 30 yards off what i thought i hit,hitting around the 220 mark,did hit one at 278 with a bit of wind ,what do you normally hit. ;)

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Steve, handicap is going to come in a 23-25, In the summer Im definately hoping for a 300yd drive thats for sure.

Driving like a fool again last few days, I have no idea why as for a while I was ripping it long and straight with incredible ease.

steve

Club Champion
Visit site
jon,your h/c will soon drop if you are driving those distances, i know its drive for show putt for dough but if you can rip it 250 plus down the middle it makes things alot easier.

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I had one or two 40 yarders playing in Saudi Arabia. Once when we'd convinced a Korean group to let us through. Another time in the monthly medal playing with some good players. Topped it and didn't reach the fairway. So far in Spain I've had a few left pulls off the first but nothing embarrassing.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
about 270 for me at the mo. hit a 326 yrd today on the 16th par 5 left myself a 7 iron into the green for eagle putt 25foot left my self a 3footer for the birdie

DCB

Visit site
What are we looking at here? carry or carry+roll ?

At this time of year I'm only getting around 230-240 as the ball is still stopping very quickly on a still soft golf course.

ball_basher

Assistant Pro
Visit site
averaging about 230 at the moment , although im not striking it well at the moment , thankfully my irons are in great shape , im even thinking about leaving the driver in the boot of my car in the comp on Wednesday and using my 4 iron from the tee which im knocking about 200 yards and strait

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
About 250-260 at the moment but would happily sacrifice 30 yards in favour of more consistency - thm 30 yards aren't a lot of use to me if they are over the OOB markers

Del

Assistant Pro
Visit site
About 230 - 250 at the moment, but in the past have gone over 300 (Summer time) but sadly at the moment not all of my drives end up in the same post code ( thanks to Mrs Slice )

Del

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
about 220, was knocking my new driver 250 at the range when i was getting fitted for it, so with better balls, warmer weather and carry+roll i might be drivin 270 this summer, who knows

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
With my current (for sale) Wilson spine - I get 210 from the heel and 250 no problem from the middle. Biggest from I have had it is 282 (4 weeks ago) - all measured with the S3 trolly.