Auschwitz

• Thread starter Deleted member 1418
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1418

Incredibly powerful and moving ceremony from Auschwitz on live on BBC News.

What must be going through the minds of the survivors of that horror going back there.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Auschwitz was our nickname for Catholic middle school.
We were too young to know what was appropriate for joking and what wasn't.
Unbelievable such a thing could happen almost in my lifetime.

One can't help but shudder at the thought of what can still happen in modern times.
We've got a monster head of government who's also capable of anything if we afford him the chance.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
1.3 million went there and 1.1 million died...the numbers are just staggering and hard to believe human beings could be so evil.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
82877050_1721441547998779_3573273044921090048_n.jpg
83302658_1721441944665406_5229467036177924096_n.jpg

We visited for the first time in 2007 then took daughters the following year. Pictures show Birkenau and the Plaschau Monument. It was -5 when we were at Plaschau.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
It is important to keep these memories alive to try and prevent things like this happening again. Sadly though the events in Rwanda and other parts of the world.
What is both sad and disturbing is that there are people around today who believe it never happened and it is all just propaganda.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Went there ( Krakov) a few years ago as one of our mucky weekends. Booked a trip to Auschwitz. Yup I shed more than a tear or two. Ironically whilst there I bumped into the joiner from the pit at the ovens. We didn’t/ couldn’t talk. The most moving place I have been to in my life. The sheer scale of the place is just immense. Watching children walk down the railway track following in the footpaths of there relatives. There were three camps, with Auschwitz having plans to be extended.
For all the right and wrong reasons, it is a place one must go to. Wear sunglasses and take plenty of hanky’s.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Went there ( Krakov) a few years ago as one of our mucky weekends. Booked a trip to Auschwitz. Yup I shed more than a tear or two. Ironically whilst there I bumped into the joiner from the pit at the ovens. We didn’t/ couldn’t talk. The most moving place I have been to in my life. The sheer scale of the place is just immense. Watching children walk down the railway track following in the footpaths of there relatives. There were three camps, with Auschwitz having plans to be extended.
For all the right and wrong reasons, it is a place one must go to. Wear sunglasses and take plenty of hanky’s.

you took you wife for a dirty weekend to Auschwitz???

FM!!!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
you took you wife for a dirty weekend to Auschwitz???

FM!!!

It started off with the intentions of being romantic, the trip to Auschwitz was booked whilst in Krakow which is a lovely City, esp pulling in the salt mines. But a visit to Auschwitz tends to make you look at things a little differantly. I remember seeing the plans/ model of the camp in the imperial war museum. They just didn’t have any impact have seen the scale of the real place.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
It started off with the intentions of being romantic, the trip to Auschwitz was booked whilst in Krakow which is a lovely City, esp pulling in the salt mines. But a visit to Auschwitz tends to make you look at things a little differantly. I remember seeing the plans/ model of the camp in the imperial war museum. They just didn’t have any impact have seen the scale of the real place.
salt mines are you ... king kidding:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Real animals kill for food and protection.The human animal defies description!
This was so painful to watch but so moving.
I don't any sort of god could forgive these inhumanities whenever/wherever they occur(or I would hope not)
What a sad,horrible world we inhabit(and are destroying)
This would depress anyone.Mans inhumanity to man eh?
Jimbo

D

Deleted member 1147

Just watched the documentary-drama about the children of Windermere.
Brilliantly done, incredible story & unbelievable what kids had to go through.

D

Deleted member 15344

Heartbreaking place to visit but one I would recommend- it shows you how humans should act just horrific