Aramco

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
Went to this Ladies Tournament today, tickets £ 5, parking free Charlie Hall etc… playing but hardly anyone watching

The only part I wasn’t keen on was the 3 female Pro’s and 1 Amateur man making up each 4 Ball as as well as being an individual event it was also a team event and though good standard amateurs they weren’t a patch on the ladies and in some groups having the amateur really slowed play down looking for lost balls

A small thing and I’d go again in a heart beat just not sure why nobody else was there ?

GBC

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
Went to this Ladies Tournament today, tickets £ 5, parking free Charlie Hall etc… playing but hardly anyone watching

The only part I wasn’t keen on was the 3 female Pro’s and 1 Amateur man making up each 4 Ball as as well as being an individual event it was also a team event and though good standard amateurs they weren’t a patch on the ladies and in some groups having the amateur really slowed play down looking for lost balls

A small thing and I’d go again in a heart beat just not sure why nobody else was there ?

GBC

Georgia Hall / Charley Hull ??‍♂️ I blame a day in the sun !

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Firstly, women's golf isn't as popular so you're going to get smaller crowds anyway
Plus its a school/work day - I would suggest it will be better populated tomorrow
Plus it was bloody hot! Many folk probably didn't fancy being out in that heat all day.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Maybe because Saudi has been getting some bad press lately ? The moral question making a lot of debate

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
Firstly, women's golf isn't as popular so you're going to get smaller crowds anyway
Plus its a school/work day - I would suggest it will be better populated tomorrow
Plus it was bloody hot! Many folk probably didn't fancy being out in that heat all day.

Agreed on all.counts and be nice to see it busy tomorrow

Having not been or seen the course before the first three holes are Woburn to a tee, which with the trees was great for the shade and then suddenly you're at a course very similar to The London Club with ZERO shade!!

GBC

OntheteeGavin

Visit site
I have been to Woburn for the ladies open & 2 male opens. Some ways enjoyed the ladies more.

A course close to me has hosted the England open LET? (1 below the tour) twice that's great.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

GBC
I believe the team event is only for the 1st 2 days. 3rd (final) day is purely for those ladies that make the cut.

sunshine

Visit site
Agreed on all.counts and be nice to see it busy tomorrow

Having not been or seen the course before the first three holes are Woburn to a tee, which with the trees was great for the shade and then suddenly you're at a course very similar to The London Club with ZERO shade!!

GBC

Watched a bit of this on tv yesterday and the drone of traffic from the M1 was overwhelming. Maybe it was the wind direction.
I’ve been to a few events here but never made it all the way to the far end of the course adjacent to the motorway.

Crumplezone

Visit site

GBC

I've been watching it on the telly. The amateurs, who are presumably all rich blokes who have paid a fortune to play, are a totally irrelevant presence and make themselves look ridiculous for even wanting to be in a professional Women's competition.

Crumplezone

Visit site
I have been to Woburn for the ladies open & 2 male opens. Some ways enjoyed the ladies more.

A course close to me has hosted the England open LET? (1 below the tour) twice that's great.

Me and Mrs Crumplezone go to the Women's Open every year and always enjoy it. Never been to a men's comp, so can't compare it.

Platypus

Visit site
Went on Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed it, will definitely look to go to more LET events.
Feels like you are able to get closer to the action than in the men's events, but that might just be this course.
Overall great experience, even though the food prices were eye wateringly high!