Cobra Arccos Update.....

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good going pal. Enjoying this.

Do you manually add the shape of the shot afterwards for those screenshots?

Looks like a good tool to work out a game plan for certain holes.

Cheers mate. The Arccos caddy feature actually predicts the best method of playing the holes based on your previous rounds lol

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hey Junior! Arccos aside.. How are you finding the latest Puma briefs ? I’ve recently purchased a pair and I’m finding them silky smooth throughout the round, especially at the top of my backswing. They’re an absolute dream from the 1st to the 19th.
Highly recommended :cool:

They're even nicer when your custom fit for them mate l :D

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Andy mate.... Please explain, in detail, just exactly how some strange bloke custom fitted you for your chinchilla lined undercrackers 🤔🤔🤔😂

It's not a complex process Danny. Just lots of measuring and then adjusted the length and lie. :rofl:

I actually went for the mole skin over the Chinchilla as I preferred the feel. Lol

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I believe so mate. Sadly Due to the unpredictable climate in South Lancashire I was advised to opt for the Universal range, although I would like to trial a bespoke underpant in the near future. :thup:

Worth the extra £££ mate. The moleskin is warm yet breathable. Not clammy in the slightest. No need for GAC cream anymore.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's not a complex process Danny. Just lots of measuring and then adjusted the length and lie. :rofl:

I actually went for the mole skin over the Chinchilla as I preferred the feel. Lol
They must've used one of those novelty tape measures you get in Christmas crackers 😁

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
How does Arccos handle incomplete rounds? Since I play social golf mostly with my elderly parents, it is really rare that we play the full 18 holes. Most of the time it is 12 or 14 holes, before we take a short cut to the club house. My current statistics tool cannot use the data in that case, which really limits the number of rounds I can add to it.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
How does Arccos handle incomplete rounds? Since I play social golf mostly with my elderly parents, it is really rare that we play the full 18 holes. Most of the time it is 12 or 14 holes, before we take a short cut to the club house. My current statistics tool cannot use the data in that case, which really limits the number of rounds I can add to it.

You just complete the round after say 12 holes and it gives you your stats from those 12 holes and also rolls them up into your overall numbers. If you like, you can then restart the round from hole 13 and carry on.

Trojan615

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi Jutta, Your right. It's only free for the first year, then you have to pay. I think you get the caddy tool with the subscription aswell.

No . The app is free it’s only the caddy you pay for... i have gg and arccos .. beware if you have a big phone, it has to be in your front right pocket and can be a pain

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
No . The app is free it’s only the caddy you pay for... i have gg and arccos .. beware if you have a big phone, it has to be in your front right pocket and can be a pain

Yeah, that has been my biggest point of criticism so far. Especially for women that is highly impractical. Our front pockets are normally so small you can hardly fit your tees in there. I have a kind of money belt which I use to keep my phone or mp3 player in when jogging and hope that will work without being too much in the way. Or a vest with front pockets when it is not too warm.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Okay, since my new Cobra irons arrived last Friday I now had a chance to test the Cobra CONNECT/Arccos system myself.

Setting it up was a bit of a pain in the anal tract, mostly because we don't have cell reception or a decent wifi at the golf club, and Arccos needs a connection to the internet for pairing the clubs. So I had to bring the clubs home with me to get the system set up. Then I noticed that one of the sensors (a built in one, from my gap wedge) would not pair. That annoyed me a bit (especially it was the first club I was trying to pair, so I did not know that it was just that one sensor and kept trying, thinking I was doing something wrong). All the other clubs paired fine, though. A positive surprise came when I checked my email a few minutes later: Arccos had been automatically notified that I could not pair one sensor and I got a message from their customer support telling me how to run further diagnostics (something which, being the computer whiz I am, I had already done ... the sensor remained dead) and that they would send me a replacement if that did not work. So I wrote back, telling them that it was one of the built in Cobra sensors that did not work and if it was still their job to replace it or should I contact Cobra about it? I got a response this morning that it will be indeed replaced by Cobra, but that they are happy to handle it and pass on my information to them. That impressed me and made up for any annoyance I had felt while trying to set up the system.

I took the clubs back to the course yesterday and played 9 holes with them. I had downloaded the course data beforehand (and was happy to find out that they not only have our main course, but also our 6 hole practice course in their database). I used the money belt to put the phone in and it worked quite well (even though I am not going to make it onto the cover of a fashion magazine that way). The system picked up most shots without problem, except for shots with the gap wedge with the broken sensor, of course, a few short putts (like under 2 feet or so) and a few bunker shots. Since it uses the sound of the impact to distinguish between a practice swing and a real shot, I guess having the club hit sand instead of the ball is responsible for that. You can edit those shots in manually, but it is a bit of a pain to do so on the phone (adding extra putts is easy, though).

I took the phone out a few times to check how it was picking up the shots, but you don't need to do that, there is no need to interact with the phone at all during the round. All in all I was pretty impressed with how well it worked. It took quite a while until I could see the round via the webinterface on my computer though (and even then I could only see the first three holes last night, but now the complete round has uploaded).

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Okay, since my new Cobra irons arrived last Friday I now had a chance to test the Cobra CONNECT/Arccos system myself.

Setting it up was a bit of a pain in the anal tract, mostly because we don't have cell reception or a decent wifi at the golf club, and Arccos needs a connection to the internet for pairing the clubs. So I had to bring the clubs home with me to get the system set up. Then I noticed that one of the sensors (a built in one, from my gap wedge) would not pair. That annoyed me a bit (especially it was the first club I was trying to pair, so I did not know that it was just that one sensor and kept trying, thinking I was doing something wrong). All the other clubs paired fine, though. A positive surprise came when I checked my email a few minutes later: Arccos had been automatically notified that I could not pair one sensor and I got a message from their customer support telling me how to run further diagnostics (something which, being the computer whiz I am, I had already done ... the sensor remained dead) and that they would send me a replacement if that did not work. So I wrote back, telling them that it was one of the built in Cobra sensors that did not work and if it was still their job to replace it or should I contact Cobra about it? I got a response this morning that it will be indeed replaced by Cobra, but that they are happy to handle it and pass on my information to them. That impressed me and made up for any annoyance I had felt while trying to set up the system.

I took the clubs back to the course yesterday and played 9 holes with them. I had downloaded the course data beforehand (and was happy to find out that they not only have our main course, but also our 6 hole practice course in their database). I used the money belt to put the phone in and it worked quite well (even though I am not going to make it onto the cover of a fashion magazine that way). The system picked up most shots without problem, except for shots with the gap wedge with the broken sensor, of course, a few short putts (like under 2 feet or so) and a few bunker shots. Since it uses the sound of the impact to distinguish between a practice swing and a real shot, I guess having the club hit sand instead of the ball is responsible for that. You can edit those shots in manually, but it is a bit of a pain to do so on the phone (adding extra putts is easy, though).

I took the phone out a few times to check how it was picking up the shots, but you don't need to do that, there is no need to interact with the phone at all during the round. All in all I was pretty impressed with how well it worked. It took quite a while until I could see the round via the webinterface on my computer though (and even then I could only see the first three holes last night, but now the complete round has uploaded).

I'm getting really into it. Have you used your Arccos dashboard via the website yet ? You have to address the short putts properly so it registers, but its no drama to add putts in and once you have done it a few times, its easy to add the odd shot in if its missed too.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I'm getting really into it. Have you used your Arccos dashboard via the website yet ? You have to address the short putts properly so it registers, but its no drama to add putts in and once you have done it a few times, its easy to add the odd shot in if its missed too.

I had a look at the dashboard yesterday, but as I said, it had not completely uploaded my round yet. But I guess it is a bit easier to edit shots in there than on the phone. Do you edit missing shots in right away or later after the round?

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had a look at the dashboard yesterday, but as I said, it had not completely uploaded my round yet. But I guess it is a bit easier to edit shots in there than on the phone. Do you edit missing shots in right away or later after the round?

Later in the evening. When I'm playing I switch my phone on and forget about it, unless I want to use the caddy function, which is more something I do in practice. The app is good, but I find the dashboard a lot easier to navigate.

oakey22

Head Pro
Visit site
I have the arccos on my clubs, battery drain on android is a real pain and I can not go a full 18 holes on a full charge. It's a known issue around but not sure arccos are doing anything about it. It seems fine for iOS though

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I have the arccos on my clubs, battery drain on android is a real pain and I can not go a full 18 holes on a full charge. It's a known issue around but not sure arccos are doing anything about it. It seems fine for iOS though

From a software development standpoint I don't think there is much they can do about it. They need the GPS position to be updating pretty frequently to get accurate positions. And that is very energy costly. The reason it works better on the iPhone has more to do with hardware, I would suspect. Good and long lasting batteries are expensive and that is where most smartphones skimp a bit. Same goes for energy preserving GPS units.

I am not sure my phone will last a full 18 holes either, It was down to 50% after 9 holes yesterday (starting with a full charge). But I have a small power bank that I can use (those things are really not expensive and they pretty much give you a full extra charge).