Anyone lost a club? ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Over the years I have picked up quite a few clubs lobbed in to the woods or stuffed in to rubbish bins with a broken shaft.

Ebay is my friend

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Over the years I have picked up quite a few clubs lobbed in to the woods or stuffed in to rubbish bins with a broken shaft.

Ebay is my friend
You'd do well to have got this one, it was about 20 feet off the ground. You climbing the tree for it? :p

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You'd do well to have got this one, it was about 20 feet off the ground. You climbing the tree for it? :p

The most impossible one to get I saw had been thrown or dropped in to a narrow not deep river but had stuck on very steep bank sadly the bank was to steep to get down on the other side as well. It was unbroken and looked a very good quality club as well I could see the shaft label - True Temper Dynamic Gold.

sunshine

Visit site
Not always best idea to retrieve that club: Friend of mine had his driver slip out of his hands on his follow through, it helicoptered into the air and got stuck up a large oak tree next to the tee. He climbed up the tree and retrieved the club, but then fell out the tree, banged his head. He woke up in hospital with a concussion and a broken arm, an ambulance drove out on to the course to get him.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Recent game in appalling conditions saw one PP on a par three lose her grip on her club and it flew about 50 yards into deep deep hay, so far offline that it never sees a mower. Took us a few minutes to find it, rough was up over waist height!
Haha, my dad told me a similar story about someone he was playing with many years ago. Playing a par 3 over a massive lake in the rain, the club slipped and went flying out of his hands into a watery grave. All he could say was a dejected "aw, I really liked that 7 iron.." :LOL:

sunshine

Visit site
Haha, my dad told me a similar story about someone he was playing with many years ago. Playing a par 3 over a massive lake in the rain, the club slipped and went flying out of his hands into a watery grave. All he could say was a dejected "aw, I really liked that 7 iron.." :LOL:

Did a ghostly arm reach up out of the lake and catch the club like Excalibur?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I hit a driver once in peeing rain, both the club and the ball went absolutely straight down the middle of the fairway - embarrassingly the driver went further than the ball