Anyone ever played golf on Fuerteventura?

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Friend of mine has just come back from there with his little family and loved it.

Claims it's a lot quieter than a lot of the Canary islands and the moonscapes are pretty stunning.

I think there's a couple of golf courses on there and just wondered if anyone had played them?

cheers all,

bill

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
No, but I've had a go on some of the other Islands.
Last two visits (Lanzarote) I haven't bothered. Expensive, and only really suited to a small window of about 8 weeks from March to early May.....otherwise too hot.
On a Christmas break.....maybe.....but my experience of courses in the Canaries and the Caribbean is that they are never worth the outlay.....then again.....some folks are happy to pay £50 to play a £20 course whilst on holiday.
Sorry billy....I realise you wanted a recommendation....
It's a great beach holiday there!!!

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
No, but I've had a go on some of the other Islands.
Last two visits (Lanzarote) I haven't bothered. Expensive, and only really suited to a small window of about 8 weeks from March to early May.....otherwise too hot.
On a Christmas break.....maybe.....but my experience of courses in the Canaries and the Caribbean is that they are never worth the outlay.....then again.....some folks are happy to pay £50 to play a £20 course whilst on holiday.
Sorry billy....I realise you wanted a recommendation....
It's a great beach holiday there!!!

All opinions gratefully recieved RGUK.

Let's face it - You've been there and I haven't.

Take your point about £50 fees for a £20 course. Says a lot.

Maybe just the one round for the experience it is then.

Cheers,

bill

swingcyprus18

Visit site
cyprus was the place for me, golf is going a boom there with lux accomadation and pga golf course i was amazed to see it and i loved it. The hol itseff is a great time to see what is going on with the golf is tremendous 14 courses expected to be built 4 of which are there now. I am going back with my golf buddies soon as flights are cheap and weather now perfect for me. I am also looking at a syndicate of buy let at 5 star accom 5 mins from pga course and 2 other courses there. It has everything i want and the rental is great doing it with my friends seems a great idea. I know the place pretty well so i think its Cyprus for me. I have played in tenerriffe and i did not like place but the hotel was ok. I can send you some info if you want about the course in cyprus i used it was fab. I hope this helps and feel free to ask me for help as i play abroad alot.

mat <font color="yellow">

EchtLoon

Challenge Tour Pro
www.thehomeofpoker.co.uk
Love Fuerteventura, the best Canary by a long way (never visted Tenerife mind, but with good reason).

As for the golf, as far as I know there's still only one course, and it looks highly unimpressive, and gave it a miss both times we've visited there.