Another Mass Shooting in the US

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
The video is pretty damn scary. Can see the red-dot sight appear on the chest of one of the players. When are they actually going to do anything about guns in America? It's crazy that this keeps happening.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Politicians, as well as Trump, will make speeches to make themselves feel better and make the public think they're sympathetic but nothing will get done until the child of a President is killed in one of these mass shootings.
Then something might happen.
The great American public, in general, has no stomach for ditching their right to bear arms.
And until they do, nothing will happen.
And, although I have sympathy for those affected by these shootings, for America itself, I have nothing but disdain.

gmc40

Head Pro
Visit site
We'll get the usual "thoughts and prayers" and then nothing...

I recall the great orange one stating he was going to make changes following a previous mass shooting. What happened to that? A few soundbites to keep the gullible happy and then it all went quiet.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I recall the great orange one stating he was going to make changes following a previous mass shooting. What happened to that? A few soundbites to keep the gullible happy and then it all went quiet.

Much like all previous US Presidents. It seems a bit unfair to single out Trump for this. Obama did nothing after the Sandy Hook shooting despite his words after the event. Until there is a President who is not reliant on support and funds from the pro gun lobby then nothing is going to change.

Don't get me wrong I'm no fan of Trump but it isn't just him that has failed on this issue.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Much like all previous US Presidents. It seems a bit unfair to single out Trump for this. Obama did nothing after the Sandy Hook shooting despite his words after the event. Until there is a President who is not reliant on support and funds from the pro gun lobby then nothing is going to change.

Don't get me wrong I'm no fan of Trump but it isn't just him that has failed on this issue.

Did nothing, or wasn't allowed to do anything?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34429918

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

You're right, it isn't just him that failed but he's the one in the chair now. He has the opportunity to do what all the others haven't. So far, he is the same as all those past Presidents.

But to go off on a tangent, a death by knife in London is still a death. Perhaps we ought to be looking at the failings closer to home too. So far there doesn't seem to be any improvements there.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
You're right, it isn't just him that failed but he's the one in the chair now. He has the opportunity to do what all the others haven't. So far, he is the same as all those past Presidents.

But to go off on a tangent, a death by knife in London is still a death. Perhaps we ought to be looking at the failings closer to home too. So far there doesn't seem to be any improvements there.

Whilst we still need to do more with education and integration of communities. We as a county aren’t pro knife.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thoughts and prayers as gmc40 has said. Worthless words.

I agree with a previous poster, until a shooter goes wild in the Senate or congress and kills a good number of politicians nothing will change. If nothing changes after shootings in schools then what hope is there. Strange culture.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Nothing will ever change period. IF the USA decided to outlaw guns (can't see that happening) then are are already so many out there that those who want to carry or own one still will. Changing the law won't stop a mass murderer from being a fruitcake. I believe I read somewhere that there are more guns than people in America??

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Perhaps it' just me, but to me a "mass shooting" is a lot more than 2.
What we have here is an idiot who got the hump with a game, and used a handgun to ill effect. We've had just as many knife attacks/deaths in London alone recently, so why do we pick on 2 killed with a handgun?
Considering the amount of lives damaged and lost through our own problems with guns, knives and gangs I don't see highlighting this event as being something worse than whats happening on our own shores.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Guns are not the problem, knives are not the problem, banning crowbars won't stop burglary. The problem is in people's heads.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Perhaps it' just me, but to me a "mass shooting" is a lot more than 2.
What we have here is an idiot who got the hump with a game, and used a handgun to ill effect. We've had just as many knife attacks/deaths in London alone recently, so why do we pick on 2 killed with a handgun?
Considering the amount of lives damaged and lost through our own problems with guns, knives and gangs I don't see highlighting this event as being something worse than whats happening on our own shores.

9500 killed by the gun so far this year in the US not including suicide. Although we have had a large increase in knife and gun crime this year I hope we aren't going to get to that level.

gmc40

Head Pro
Visit site
Guns are not the problem, knives are not the problem, banning crowbars won't stop burglary. The problem is in people's heads.

And that’s the issue. The US psych and guns are not compatible. Other nations have lax gun laws but not the same amount of mass shootings. Too many loons in the US, you only have to look at the number of trump supporters and the way they act! Therefore restricting access to guns makes total sense as it reduces the risk of these mass shootings.

You wouldn’t leave a table full of kebabs in an over eaters anonymous meeting room, so why give a nation with a huge proportion of cranks access to so many guns?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
And that’s the issue. The US psych and guns are not compatible. Other nations have lax gun laws but not the same amount of mass shootings. Too many loons in the US, you only have to look at the number of trump supporters and the way they act! Therefore restricting access to guns makes total sense as it reduces the risk of these mass shootings.

You wouldn’t leave a table full of kebabs in an over eaters anonymous meeting room, so why give a nation with a huge proportion of cranks access to so many guns?
If you want a gun you will get one, if you want a kebab likewise. We have strict gun laws in the uk but there are plenty of people with them. You can kill people with kitchen knives, baseball bats, cars ect. Many people in Switzerland have a gun at home but there's not much mass shooting.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
9500 killed by the gun so far this year in the US not including suicide. Although we have had a large increase in knife and gun crime this year I hope we aren't going to get to that level.
It would be interesting to know what percentage of the population have died as a result of gunshot in the US compared to our guns/knives problem.
Yes the US has a fixation(and I don't get it) with bearing arms, but in our current climate to be pointing the finger isn't exactly wise I dont feel.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The gun problem in the US is country wide and constant. The current knife problem in the UK is pretty much London centric and a recent issue. It's a clear problem but the two are not comparable.

gmc40

Head Pro
Visit site
If you want a gun you will get one, if you want a kebab likewise. We have strict gun laws in the uk but there are plenty of people with them. You can kill people with kitchen knives, baseball bats, cars ect. Many people in Switzerland have a gun at home but there's not much mass shooting.

Re: your last sentence, that’s my point.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
The gun problem in the US is country wide and constant. The current knife problem in the UK is pretty much London centric and a recent issue. It's a clear problem but the two are not comparable.

Totally agree they're not comparable but are we sleep walking into serious lawlessness by not addressing it more firmly? In the main, the US seems immune to the tragedies till it happens in someone's backyard. Are we going to be the same till it reaches epidemic proportions, and then its too late?

Only asking...