Another Go-Kart thread!

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
No apologies for putting this up but thought good service is worth mentioning.

Last weekend I played in my Family society on Saturday and Sunday. My Go-Kart has a 36 hole battery and I didn't put it on charge on Saturday night,thinking that it would be fine.
Half way round on Sunday the power gradually ran out, resulting in having to push for the rest of the round - ok on the flat but hard work on the inclines!

So I phoned Go-Kart on Tuesday lunchtime to be told one will be sent next day and the faulty one collected. Received an e-mail that evening confirming next day delivery. Wednesday am. had an e-mail stating that the delivery would be arriving between 13.48 14.48. Not sure of exact time of arrival but it was there when I got home at 6pm.

You can't ask for better service than that!

:)

Golfmmad.

colint

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Don't take this personally golfmmad, but yet another "my gokart broke and they fixed it thread" only highlights the weakness of the product imho.

So they fixed it, big deal, try getting it right in the first place

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
No worries Colint.

I did think that somebody would say something like that.
Let's not forget it's not the Go-Kart itself, just a battery.
Surely all makes of battery break down at some time or another.

These days with high customer expectations, any company that can handle its after sales service as well as this will surely survive the longest, as well as having an enviable reputation.

Golfmmad.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Personally I think it highlights a committment to the customer far and away above most other golf related company's. I know people on here that have broken there GK through their own stupidity and there would be no liability and yet they have supplied a replacement. That isn't a fault of the trolly or the design but negligence and so it proves that whilst some faults occur (I think most of the electric trolly manufacturers have some degree of breakdown) the customer really does come first.

I have heard horror stories from owners of the two other main electric trolly manufacturers who have had to post it back (at their own cost) and have had a lot of customer service issues trying to get a date for the repairs to be carried out. Whilst GK won't win any prizes in looks, its durability and the after sales make it well worth a look if you are in the market for an electric trolly.

colint

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Personally I think it highlights a committment to the customer far and away above most other golf related company's. I know people on here that have broken there GK through their own stupidity and there would be no liability and yet they have supplied a replacement. That isn't a fault of the trolly or the design but negligence and so it proves that whilst some faults occur (I think most of the electric trolly manufacturers have some degree of breakdown) the customer really does come first.

I have heard horror stories from owners of the two other main electric trolly manufacturers who have had to post it back (at their own cost) and have had a lot of customer service issues trying to get a date for the repairs to be carried out. Whilst GK won't win any prizes in looks, its durability and the after sales make it well worth a look if you are in the market for an electric trolly.

Again with respect, it highlights no such thing. They are doing nothing more than fulfilling their legal obligations. How many other threads have their been about a) other trolleys breaking, and / or b) the manufacturer not fixing them ? GoKArt threads are almost always it broke and they fixed it, or I paid for it and they delivered it, whoopee. I paid for my trolley, they delivered it and it ain't broke.

You have however pointed out that GoKart owners do break things through their own stupidity, upon which the prosecution rests

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
To be fair though.How many of these GoKart stories are faults that have arisen out of our own making? Maybe not this one, buit many seem to be if you read between the lines on some of the posts!

GoKart don't have to replace or repair those issues, but they do, knowing that on every forum we're taking about it. To me that's just a great marketing stratergy. Where-as the other 'big' names just don't offer that kind of service. It's nothing to do with the quality of the product but everything to do with the quality of the brand.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Are they an ISO 9001 certified company? If they are they are rubbish. They seem to be the kings of correction rather than corrective action. Selling known flawed kit and only fixing once the customer complains, has there been a recall for these issues?
(Guess who was on an ISO 9001:2008 auditing course this week!)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I don't get why you needed a new battery because you hadn't charged it up? What was wrong with just charging it?

This is like buying a new car because the other one is parked facing the wrong way.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't get why you needed a new battery because you hadn't charged it up? What was wrong with just charging it?

This is like buying a new car because the other one is parked facing the wrong way.

:D :D :D :D My thoughts exactly even my three year old powakaddy battery lasts 36 holes

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
They seem to be the kings of correction rather than corrective action. Selling known flawed kit and only fixing once the customer complains, has there been a recall for these issues?

What a load of crap.
So you buy a new car and the battery goes in 6 months.
Who's fault is it?
VW because it's a Polo you've got or Exide because their battery was shite?
Or the alternator pops it's clogs within 6 months. VW's fault or Bosch?

Timberbonce

Head Pro
Visit site
My PK Freeway still going after 2 years of me owning it but i can't tell you how good or bad the customer service is as i haven't had to use it. Oh and I don't mind admitting i have also had 2 or 3 incidents of stupidity (tipped backwards a few times when held on to the handle and forgot to walk with it :eek: tipped over attempting to go round a steep bunker, ran it into a deep bunker :eek: etc) but it is sturdy enough to make it through unscathed.

I'm afraid i feel in cases like these; no publicity is good publicity as you wouldn't think to come on here every day and report another day of good running with no breakages or failures.

Just my thoughts.

TWM

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My PK Freeway still going after 2 years of me owning it but i can't tell you how good or bad the customer service is as i haven't had to use it. Oh and I don't mind admitting i have also had 2 or 3 incidents of stupidity (tipped backwards a few times when held on to the handle and forgot to walk with it :eek: tipped over attempting to go round a steep bunker, ran it into a deep bunker :eek: etc) but it is sturdy enough to make it through unscathed.

Just my thoughts.

And those are exactly my thoughts about my experience with my GoKart. :) :) :)

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site

I can't believe you've said that.

It's a 36 hole battery and as such should last easily for more than 36.

I explained to Go-Kart what had happened, and THEY said I needed a new battery.

As for comparing it to a car facing the wrong way :D :D :D :D :D

Golfmmad.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

I can't believe you've said that.

It's a 36 hole battery and as such should last easily for more than 36.

I explained to Go-Kart what had happened, and THEY said I needed a new battery.

As for comparing it to a car facing the wrong way :D :D :D :D :D

Golfmmad.

I think Murph is reading between the lines Chris and assuming that you didn't charge it up at all.
Hate to say it but that's how your original post reads mate.
;)