And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I don't like to see cheating full stop. Giroud included.

I admit Giroud went down too easily for the pen yesterday. Therefore technically cheating.

Pity you can't admit the same about Ivanovic unless you genuinely think that he couldn't stay on his feet due to the force of the challenge.

Ah so it's actually cheating and worthy of a post if a Chelsea player goes down when kicked twice but only technically cheating and not worthy of a mention until you're caught out if it's an Arsenal player who, on your own admission, goes down too easily then? Got it now. :thup:

I'd put the spade down if I were you, the hole's big enough as it is……. :rolleyes:

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I never said anything about just cheating. People criticised Arsenal players on England duty and even though the player couldn't dribble, cross, control a ball the defensive gates came down.

Look back on my posts I've criticised Walcott plenty before. I took issue with a comment that implied Walcott was the worst player. He only came on with 20 mins to go.

Don't always make it an Arsenal thing. Any player coming on with 20 mins or less to go may take a bit of time to get into the game.

Ask any footballer and they will tell you.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Everybody apart from Mariner could see that was a foul but what was Cahill doing when alone like that anyway. A defensive coach like Conte will not like what he has seen today

D

Deleted member 15344

Well that was an entertaining game

Bit of spice in it

The incidents prob even themselves up

Prob two dropped points for Chelsea , nasty fall for Terry - luckily they have sideshow bob to fill the shoes

D

Deleted member 15344

There's two people on here with worse judgement than Marriner……. :rolleyes:

?

Cahill was fouled and the goal shouldn't have stood

And Costa should have got a second yellow and be off for his dive ( the third time this season now he should have been off but gone on to have an impact on the result ) but went on to score an equaliser which could have been deemed dangerous as he kicked someone in the head

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
But no comment on the two dives by Swansea in injury time though? You're even worse than Marriner.

I didn't see those incidents real time but just for you I went back and watched just now.

I assume you mean hazard challenge on naughton - foul as hazard pushed him over

The other one ( in the box) was a clear dive by the Swansea player

Blue in Munich

Visit site
?

And Costa should have got a second yellow and be off for his dive ( the third time this season now he should have been off but gone on to have an impact on the result ) but went on to score an equaliser which could have been deemed dangerous as he kicked someone in the head

Try re-watching it and look at Fabianski's little trip with the foot and then the shoulder charge to knock him over. No dive there at all.

If you want to talk about accumulated yellow cards that weren't given, do give us the benefit of your wisdom as to how Fer and Amat stayed on the field? Try looking at all the incidents rather than another opportunity to take a dig at Costa.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
?

It could have been deemed that dangerous that not one Swansea player appealed

Blue in Munich

Visit site
I didn't see those incidents real time but just for you I went back and watched just now.

Strange how you miss the Swansea indiscretions; are you suffering from Arsenitis, that well known condition of selective vision?

I assume you mean hazard challenge on naughton - foul as hazard pushed him over

No it was on Barrow who fell over when there was clearly insufficient contact; a bit of a Giroud, if you like.

The other one ( in the box) was a clear dive by the Swansea player

And yet, despite your apparent dislike of cheating, you chose not to criticise it. Was it because he didn't play for Chelsea?

Status
Not open for further replies.