And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 15344

On 5 live drive in tonight they had a ref phone in to give his views on incidents

Said that Amat should have gone

Swansea second goal shouldn't have stood because of the foul on Cahill

Costa should have been booked for simulation and gone

No issues with the Costa goal

Ki should have been booked for simulation

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
On 5 live drive in tonight they had a ref phone in to give his views on incidents

A referee grr, what does he know hey Blue, probably one of those Arsenal supporting troll referees you get now days.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

How can there be no issues with the Costa goal when he kicked the defender in the head on his follow through? And it wasn't like the defender was ducking to try to head the ball.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site

Who was the ref?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Bias commentary on MUTV. who would have thought? :rofl:

Looking forward to this Chelsea game on motd. sounds like plenty going on. I will get to see who is talking nonsense on here and who tells the truth.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Well I suppose he got three out of the five right, that's a better return than Marriner.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The Amat incident is key though, if he walks, as he should have done, they have to change their formation immediately, and more than likely then don't score 2 minutes later! The ref felt the need to talk to him and the captain after the foul but didn't book him, again!

D

Deleted member 1740

Just seen the Fer goal for Swansea and that is a foul all day long.

I expect Marriner to be stood down next week. Shocking decision.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I never mentioned Messi and I have never mentioned Januzaj as example's. I suppose some are to quick to judge.As regards positions surely a good manager should know his players best position and attributes. I actually have always rated Lallana and now he is showing some form.

You didnt mention Messi, Ill give you that.I mentioned Januzaj as an example of a 2-3 month form guide not transferring to a season of form.

Yes, he is showing form but it is long overdue. 6 goals in 2 seasons isnt good enough for a winger/no.10. You should be getting double figures, or at least setting up another 10. I also include Coutinho in that although he has improved year on year.

Overall, Lallana's contribution for us in 2 seasons has been sub-standard, for all his Cruyff turns and nice touches, and just looks great on a highlights package.His work rate is admirable, though, but so was Heskey's, but up that end of the pitch goals/assists are what pay the rent.:thup:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

That is just one persons view, doesnt necessarily make it right.

Its like when one player or manager says....."he was the greatest defender I ever saw", it still doesnt make it a fact.

It sound like it should have ended 5-a-side.......

D

Deleted member 16999

If I was a Chelsea fan I'd be pissed off tonight, 2 reasons, 1, Cahill was clearly fouled, 2, Game should've been put to bed regardless of bad decisions, totally dominated the game.

D

Deleted member 1740

You didnt mention Messi, Ill give you that.I mentioned Januzaj as an example of a 2-3 month form guide not transferring to a season of form.

Yes, he is showing form but it is long overdue. 6 goals in 2 seasons isnt good enough for a winger/no.10. You should be getting double figures, or at least setting up another 10. I also include Coutinho in that although he has improved year on year.

Overall, Lallana's contribution for us in 2 seasons has been sub-standard, for all his Cruyff turns and nice touches, and just looks great on a highlights package.His work rate is admirable, though, but so was Heskey's, but up that end of the pitch goals/assists are what pay the rent.:thup:

In fairness his 1st season was interrupted by injuries, he improved last season though I'd agree his goal return was poor and I said earlier on in this thread that needed to improve. I think it was Papas who said he wasn't a goalscorer.

I don't like the assist stat as it doesn't show a true reflection of the players performances.

D

Deleted member 16999

In fairness his 1st season was interrupted by injuries, he improved last season though I'd agree his goal return was poor and I said earlier on in this thread that needed to improve. I think it was Papas who said he wasn't a goalscorer.

I don't like the assist stat as it doesn't show a true reflection of the players performances.
This year could be your year........ for assists :whistle:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

If you dont have the goals, you must have the assists.

Beardsley was never a prolific scorer, but he did his share, and more than made up for it in assists. Heskey made a career of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.