And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1740

If you dont have the goals, you must have the assists.

Beardsley was never a prolific scorer, but he did his share, and more than made up for it in assists. Heskey made a career of it.

An assist is only the final ball, sometimes the hard work has been done before that final ball, yet the player who has the final touch gets credited.

I'd like to see him involved a lot more and in fairness his good performances towards the end of last season he's carried on into this season.

Heskey was turd.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
An assist is only the final ball, sometimes the hard work has been done before that final ball, yet the player who has the final touch gets credited.

I'd like to see him involved a lot more and in fairness his good performances towards the end of last season he's carried on into this season.

Heskey was turd.

I think your just making excuses for him.

If your playing as a no.10/winger you should be scoring or assisting 15 minimum a season.

He has been very good for 2-3 months, carry on doing it and I'd have him in the team every week, but still early doors for me after seeing 2 years of average.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
He dived admit it the game is over the refs not listening, it will make you feel better.

I doesn't matter admit it or not, it was a dive, the ref bottled sending him off, again, everyone else can see it .

Well, now you've had a chance to see it again on MOTD, and had the benefit of further analysis, do you want to stick with the tosh you posted earlier or are you actually going to man up and admit you were wrong?

D

Deleted member 1740

I think your just making excuses for him.

If your playing as a no.10/winger you should be scoring or assisting 15 minimum a season.

He has been very good for 2-3 months, carry on doing it and I'd have him in the team every week, but still early doors for me after seeing 2 years of average.

Not at all, I've wrote off his 1st season as he was injured in pre season came back around October and was injured in January iirc. By the Time he got back into the struggling Rodgers side the season was over.

Last season was an improvement and if he carries it on like he has the last few games then I'm happy to have him in the team but he needs to add goals 10 at least.

Same goes for Coutinho, Mane,Firmino etc.

I don't like the assist stat as it doesn't show a true reflection of a players game. He could take on 4 players do the hard work, square it to mane who knocks it sideways to Sturridge and he scores. Mane gets the assist.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don't like the assist stat as it doesn't show a true reflection of a players game. He could take on 4 players do the hard work, square it to mane who knocks it sideways to Sturridge and he scores. Mane gets the assist.

I know how it works, but a player operating in the 20-30 yards out area should be directly assisting goals.

Still got the excuse book out?;)

D

Deleted member 1740

I know how it works, but a player operating in the 20-30 yards out area should be directly assisting goals.

Still got the excuse book out?;)

Your then relying on the strikers to finish good balls into them.

Last season he had Benteke to serve and the season before Balotelli.

I had you down as better than this.

Assist stats are for armchair phone in merchants.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well, now you've had a chance to see it again on MOTD, and had the benefit of further analysis, do you want to stick with the tosh you posted earlier or are you actually going to man up and admit you were wrong?

On first viewing from the TV camera up in the stand it looked as if he had thrown himself to the ground. quite clearly he was fouled and went over as all footballers do.

No sending off for that for me.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Your then relying on the strikers to finish good balls into them.

Last season he had Benteke to serve and the season before Balotelli.

I had you down as better than this.

Assist stats are for armchair phone in merchants.

Nope I mainly go on what I seen of him every other week, and as you've agreed in person, he hasnt been good enough.

I dont often use stats as the main argument, and I go on an appreciation of the player, but with Lallana, up to the last 2 months of last season he didnt "contribute" enough in our attacking play in the final third of the game, either directly or indirectly. The last 3 months of play he has, and long may it continue. He is now playing to a good level, and if anything in a slightly withdrawn role, so even better.

Are you still watching his 100 best Cruyff turns video?:D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1740

Nope I mainly go on what I seen of him every other week, and as you've agreed in person, he hasnt been good enough.

I dont often use stats as the main argument, and I go on an appreciation of the player, but with Lallana, up to the last 2 months of last season he didnt "contribute" enough in our attacking play in the final third of the game, either directly or indirectly. The last 3 months of play he has, and long may it continue. He is now playing to a good level, and if anything in a slightly withdrawn role, so even better.

Are you still watching his 100 best Cruyff turns video?:D

I have it on repeat:whoo:

You're being harsh saying he's only had 2good months last season, his performances were better from Christmas at least.

If you're going to use a stat make sure it's a worthy one ffs :rofl:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
In fairness his 1st season was interrupted by injuries, he improved last season though I'd agree his goal return was poor and I said earlier on in this thread that needed to improve. I think it was Papas who said he wasn't a goalscorer.

I don't like the assist stat as it doesn't show a true reflection of the players performances.

I like the assist stat if it produces results Ozil is a prime example of this.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
You didnt mention Messi, Ill give you that.I mentioned Januzaj as an example of a 2-3 month form guide not transferring to a season of form.

Yes, he is showing form but it is long overdue. 6 goals in 2 seasons isnt good enough for a winger/no.10. You should be getting double figures, or at least setting up another 10. I also include Coutinho in that although he has improved year on year.

Overall, Lallana's contribution for us in 2 seasons has been sub-standard, for all his Cruyff turns and nice touches, and just looks great on a highlights package.His work rate is admirable, though, but so was Heskey's, but up that end of the pitch goals/assists are what pay the rent.:thup:

Hopefully now he can kick on for Liverpool and England.
The way he is playing now is exactly what you paid good money for.
Of course you watch him more than me but I'm more impressed especially when hes playing well,would like him at Utd in this form.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have it on repeat:whoo:

You're being harsh saying he's only had 2good months last season, his performances were better from Christmas at least.

If you're going to use a stat make sure it's a worthy one ffs :rofl:

And what stat proves he was boss from Christmas......looking forward to that one.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hopefully now he can kick on for Liverpool and England.
The way he is playing now is exactly what you paid good money for.
Of course you watch him more than me but I'm more impressed especially when hes playing well,would like him at Utd in this form.

Yep, I agree Tony. Currently he is everything you would want from a midfielder. Pressing and working his socks off, scoring and assisting and buying into the managers philosophy. Also a nice skin care range and leaving the local populace's grannies alone.

What a thoroughly decent gentleman.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.