And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You can picture a very happy MikeH, a fine pint of bitter in hand watching this with a huge smile on his face. Lukaku looks unstoppable on this form but surely needs to be doing it every week

Is that the form that hasnt seen him score since last March......or are you just talking the last 40 minutes?:mmm:

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is that the form that hasnt seen him score since last March......or are you just talking the last 40 minutes?:mmm:

I think he meant the form of that 45 minutes. He was poor first half, as was Mirallis and Barkley. Gueye looks like a bargain. Barry was superb throughout as was Bolasie. Your lot will be doing a lot of looking up this season ;-)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think he meant the form of that 45 minutes. He was poor first half, as was Mirallis and Barkley. Gueye looks like a bargain. Barry was superb throughout as was Bolasie. Your lot will be doing a lot of looking up this season ;-)

I think Lukaku is a cracking striker, so much so, I still kept him in my fantasy league team,despite his poor run. He was still dangerous in the first half though, and could have had 5 on the night.

As a betting man, I'm sure you'd like to put your money where your marrrrrfffffff is.;)

D

Deleted member 16999

Lukaku is lazy, shocking 1st half, Barkley was even worse and shouldn't of lasted 45 mins, Gueye and Williams were immense, Koeman must've had a go at them, Duelofeu woke Miralles up in the 2nd half, Bolaise needs to keep running at people.
Great win in the end, didn't think we'd see 3 goals at half time.

D

Deleted member 16999

I think Lukaku is a cracking striker, so much so, I still kept him in my fantasy league team,despite his poor run. He was still dangerous in the first half though, and could have had 5 on the night.

As a betting man, I'm sure you'd like to put your money where your marrrrrfffffff is.;)
Pete, sat next to me nephew who came over for the match with a few mates, after Lukaku scored his 3rd one of his mates just sat there quiet, one of the lads asks if he was alright as he was not celebrating, he then showed us all his Bet 365 screen on his phone.

Half way through the first half he put 60 quid on Lukaku to score a hat trick at 66/1 and had just won 4 Grand,
😃

Last edited by a moderator:

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pete, sat next to me nephew who came over for the match with a few mates, after Lukaku scored his 3rd one of his mates just sat there quiet, one of the lads asks if he was alright as he was not celebrating, he then showed us all his Bet 365 screen on his phone.

Half way through the first half he put 60 quid on Lukaku to score a hat trick at 66/1 and had just won 4 Grand,


Not as quite a good a story but I told Birchy to 'lump on' an away win only to be greeted with "have I lost my marbles?" and then proceeded to tell him it'd be 0-2 or 0-3. I'd already stuck some on -1 so am happy, just not 4K happy.

And yes Pete, if ya that confident on 'pool finishing above Everton, offer me 11/4 and I'll stake £20 with ya? £55 if I (Everton above) win, £20 if I (Liverpool above) lose? :cool:

Last edited:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Lukaku is lazy, shocking 1st half, Barkley was even worse and shouldn't of lasted 45 mins, Gueye and Williams were immense, Koeman must've had a go at them, Duelofeu woke Miralles up in the 2nd half, Bolaise needs to keep running at people.
Great win in the end, didn't think we'd see 3 goals at half time.

Listen, I hate lazy players as much as the next man, but give me a Lukaku who will get you 20 odd a season over an Heskey who will chase every lost ball going, but be knackered or on the halfway line when he should be in the box, when you do have the ball.

Barkley was shocking in the 1st 10 minutes, didnt get much better. Williams is looking a belter of a signing, as is Bolasie (was happy when we were linked with him).

Cracking bet up for the nephew's mate.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not as quite a good a story but I told Birchy to 'lump on' an away win only to be greeted with "have I lost my marbles?" and then proceeded to tell him it'd be 0-2 or 0-3. I'd already stuck some on -1 so am happy, just not 4K happy.

And yes Pete, if ya that confident on 'pool finishing above Everton, offer me 11/4 and I'll stake £20 with ya? £55 if I (Everton above) win, £20 if I (Liverpool above) lose? :cool:

Whoa there madman - you were giving it the big I am - you should be giving me odds, you were sounding so confident.

Based on your confidence, I'll be generous and give you evens on £25.

Double the bet and include our fantasy league teams, if you want.:thup:

Your not Welch are you.;)

D

Deleted member 16999

Listen, I hate lazy players as much as the next man, but give me a Lukaku who will get you 20 odd a season over an Heskey who will chase every lost ball going, but be knackered or on the halfway line when he should be in the box, when you do have the ball.

Barkley was shocking in the 1st 10 minutes, didnt get much better. Williams is looking a belter of a signing, as is Bolasie (was happy when we were linked with him).

Cracking bet up for the nephew's mate.
Best thing was the banner below
image.jpg

D

Deleted member 16999

Good lads - Leicester had it up in their end on Saturday, as well.

These things should unite footy fans.

Just seen on Sky News that Everton have donated £200,000.00 to the fund for the mascot tonight to send him to USA for treatment.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whoa there madman - you were giving it the big I am - you should be giving me odds, you were sounding so confident.

Based on your confidence, I'll be generous and give you evens on £25.

Double the bet and include our fantasy league teams, if you want.:thup:

Your not Welch are you.;)

Lol, if ever there is a vote of no confidence in your team, that is it, after all, your poor, under achieving neighbours couldn't quite possibly finish above you in the league, could they....

One seems to be running scared.

Skybet are offering 4/1 for Everton to finish above Liverpool, despite a 3 point start so my 11/4 was perfectly judged. Bookies are always right, eh....

Now who's the Welch ;-)

And I haven't done a fantasy team this season for I get all the fantasy I need from this thread...

My original suggested bet is my only suggestion.

Stu C, Dave Mc or LP fancy it instead, you guys are more than all talk, surely. Any Liverpool fans got big nads?

:D

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Lol, if ever there is a vote of no confidence in your team, that is it, after all, your poor, under achieving neighbours couldn't quite possibly finish above you in the league, could they....

One seems to be running scared.

Skybet are offering 4/1 for Everton to finish above Liverpool, despite a 3 point start so my 11/4 was perfectly judged. Bookies are always right, eh....

Now who's the Welch ;-)

And I haven't done a fantasy team this season for I get all the fantasy I need from this thread...

My original suggested bet is my only suggestion.

Stu C, Dave Mc or LP fancy it instead, you guys are more than all talk, surely. Any Liverpool fans got big nads?

:D

As I thought, all mouth and no trousers.

I've shown I'm more than willing to give odds out in a bet, thought you would back your own judgement.

Anyway, shouldn't you be asleep now, dont want you daydreaming at your desk now, do we?;)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm going to echo Paul's thoughts here. Gueye looks a belter of a signing. Well spotted whoever signed him. Looking through the mess that was Villa last year and seeing him as a diamond. Well done. Barry alongside him just does his stuff. What a cracking buy he has been. Williams and Jagielka are a brick wall across the penalty area.

First half was okay, Sunderland did their job. Ronnie obviously got to work at helf time. Barkley was off the pace and breaking up Everton's attacks, Mirallas was anonymous. Bolassie switched wings and just pinged crosses over for fun. Delofeu ripped up on the other wing. Pace was injected, the level went up a notch. Sunderland couldn't handle it.

When Lukaku plays like that and has service like that he is unstoppable. We just need to make sure it happens more often. Bolassie was man of the match for me. This year should be an exciting year for Everton. This was only Sunderland so we need to do this against better teams but the promise is there.

Question for Sunderland fans. There was a round of applause at 5 minutes but nothing came up on the screen. What was that for?

Weird moment of the night. We were sat to the right of the Everton fans, top level. We had a drink in the bar in that corner before the match. There were about 8 of us in the room. Never seen a bar area in a stadium so empty before. At half time we popped in again and it was only marginally better. Two people serving, awful service, dead as a doornail. Most clubs make a fortune in this area. Where we just in a dead section that both club and fans have given up on?

Status
Not open for further replies.